New Color Shift Paint

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody New Color Shift Paint

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    GardenNinja
    Participant

Wow!
      Love that baby Pegasus!

My keyboard is broken. I keep pressing "Escape", but I'm still here.

Kim
      Blocked

Are there any colour shift paints that were painted on the llamas but not on the cougars? I would love to see more colours on the cougars if more are available! Also what about solid silver, gold or copper coloured cougars that aren’t colour shift? I used to have a silver leopard statue and it would be cool to get something that looks like metal again.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

WeRePaNtHeR
        Participant

Any chance green-purple will be restocked?!

Forever seeking: plum, chili pepper, and tattoo oriental dragons and kirins.

Stormbreeze
          Participant

Just got back from Yosemite, and I’d like to know as well! 🙂 (same goes for gold/silver.)

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

I wonder if there are any white or pastel color shift/duo-chrome paints out there? I’d love to see something on the lighter scale!

( This is melody) I don’t know. All the shift-colors I have here are very saturated colors.

I painted more gold /silver and red/ gold ones on Friday, I’ll do more of the others when I get a chance.

Are there any colour shift paints that were painted on the llamas but not on the cougars? I would love to see more colours on the cougars if more are available! Also what about solid silver, gold or copper coloured cougars that aren’t colour shift? I used to have a silver leopard statue and it would be cool to get something that looks like metal again.

( this is melody ) Most of the llamas are painted with the same colors, but I experimented on some by airbrushing the colors on top of each other to see what would happen. Some of them are normal paint colors with color-shift hand painted on, or or sparkle paint added.
            I also experimented with lightly airbrushing the color over black. The red/gold makes a nice reddish root-beer color. Looks totally different than the heavily painted red /gold, but is the same paint.
            I got some samples of “silver”. It is just silver, but I could try it.

MandBsMom
            Participant

I painted more gold /silver and red/ gold ones on Friday, I’ll do more of the others when I get a chance.

Yay! That’s the one I want. I may not be able to wait for a smaller sculpt if you restock the Cougars in this color……..

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Kim
              Blocked

I was wondering about the llamas as it did look like some of the colours were combined. I would love a solid silver cougar! I guess the other colours shifts are close enough to gold and copper but plain silver I think would look great!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Lady Cats should be a good choice for the color-shifting paint. 🙂

I agree completely! I would want to buy that for sure!

I wonder if there are any white or pastel color shift/duo-chrome paints out there? I’d love to see something on the lighter scale!

There is! I have the pigments in my studio! There is a cool one that shines orange/green, and another that shines violet/green. Also, the single color shift colors like Hi-Light Blue, Violet, Red, Green, Orange, Gold, etc. They are out there, You just need to locate them.

So are these color shift paints being used/experimented with something that can be hand brushed on, or just air brushed?

I’m an old fashioned brush painter – I don’t have an air brush and probably don’t see myself getting one in the near future – maybe once I retire in 7+ years or so, but not now. What is the brand & can I get it from where? Are these the Automobile shift color paints?

I Love the mixed shift paint effects and using these as accent colors – the wolves and that Hipp PYO are Really Cool! :love:

Yep…They can! You can purchase the pigments in a few places online. They can be mixed with various carriers, and used in many applications. I have been using them in my studio for years now. Some of the semi-metallic treatments I use in my eye-making use the same pigments.

Would it be possible to see a blue/silver or purple/silver color shift paint? Not that I particularly mind the current color combos available; I’m just curious because that sort of color mixing is most appealing to me.

I think you can replicate that look by possibly painting the base silver, then overlay a Hi-light Blue or Hi-light Violet after. That way, the color only shines on the areas that are highlighted.
                But…If you want that look on a dark base, it would be much more challenging. You would have to suspend a Micro-pearl, or Chrome/silver pigment into a clear base, only add a thin layer of that, then proceed with the Hi-light color. I doubt the effect would be as vibrant. It could be worth experimenting with though.

Ela_Hara
                Participant

So are these color shift paints being used/experimented with something that can be hand brushed on, or just air brushed?

I’m an old fashioned brush painter – I don’t have an air brush and probably don’t see myself getting one in the near future – maybe once I retire in 7+ years or so, but not now. What is the brand & can I get it from where? Are these the Automobile shift color paints?

I Love the mixed shift paint effects and using these as accent colors – the wolves and that Hipp PYO are Really Cool! :love:

Yep…They can! You can purchase the pigments in a few places online. They can be mixed with various carriers, and used in many applications. I have been using them in my studio for years now. Some of the semi-metallic treatments I use in my eye-making use the same pigments.

Oh Boy! Is there a Brand name you can point me in the direction of? 😀

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Zeppard Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Melody
                  Keymaster

it can be brush painted.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 77 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.