New Color Shift Paint

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody New Color Shift Paint

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Aggie83
    Participant

Just spotted this post on Facebook. Oh, my goodness , Melody, this is just gorgeous.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Betrluk1
      Participant

omg that hippo is to die for!!

Prezaurian
        Participant

Just spotted this post on Facebook. Oh, my goodness , Melody, this is just gorgeous.

Seeing this hippocampus in color shift (I love the touches of color on the top of her mane) makes me think you could possibly get away with painting a raku pottery inspired piece. Though with the complicated pattern I’m pretty sure it would end up being an eBay test paint or an Artist’s Edition. But it sure would be lovely.

Aggie83
          Participant

Melody, I know the shop description says the red/gold cougar has gold eyes, but when I was looking at him up close under a light, his eyes look green. Did you put color shift on any of the eyes?

etruscan
            Participant

Melody, are you going to be releasing any of the other pebbles in these color shifts? I am totally fascinated and I want to get something in it, but I am not so into the cougars and can’t justify getting one just because I think the paint job is cool XD

Would you consider doing these (or at least trying them) in Lady Cats, Taunukis, Foxes or Wolves?

Yes I will. I have tried several of the pebbles and they all look pretty good in color shift paint. The lying-down ones work best.
              I also tried the standing kirin. I don’t think the sculpture’s details really work to well with the color shift paint, but that’s just my opinion. You guys might love it.

I’ll keep experimenting.

How does the color shift paint work on big smooth surfaces like Wizard cloaks and hatching royalty eggs?

Nightcrow
              Participant

Melody, are you going to be releasing any of the other pebbles in these color shifts? I am totally fascinated and I want to get something in it, but I am not so into the cougars and can’t justify getting one just because I think the paint job is cool XD

Would you consider doing these (or at least trying them) in Lady Cats, Taunukis, Foxes or Wolves?

Yes I will. I have tried several of the pebbles and they all look pretty good in color shift paint. The lying-down ones work best.
                I also tried the standing kirin. I don’t think the sculpture’s details really work to well with the color shift paint, but that’s just my opinion. You guys might love it.

I’ll keep experimenting.

Yay for experiments! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m really excited by the idea of Lady Cats in colorshift options! And even though he’s not a reclining model, I’m still hoping for a Sitting Red Fox in colorshift, too; I *love* that sculpt, but haven’t had any luck finding a Grab Bag that I like (and I missed the AWDs). I’d be defenseless against colorshift SRFs! ๐Ÿ˜€ Lady Cats, too – I’ve wanted one for quite a while, but haven’t got one yet.

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

etruscan
                Participant

Melody’s other color shift experiments and her comments on them (from her Facebook page):

Here’s some pics of a few test paints of the color shift colors. Not all totally successful, but we will work on it. The tad is gold /silver color shift paint with transparent red over it. It looks almost like the old ruby color!

left top:Tanukis and foxes in a variety of solid color shift paint.
                  top right: Wolf on right is airbrushed to blend the colors, the tad is color shift with normal color over it.wolf on left is solid red/blue color shift
                  Bottom left: KIrin is a mess.
                  bottom right :Pegasus is very busy right now.

Melody
                  Keymaster

Melody, I know the shop description says the red/gold cougar has gold eyes, but when I was looking at him up close under a light, his eyes look green. Did you put color shift on any of the eyes?

Yeah, the eyes are color shift gold /silver, They will look green under the right light. The nose is color shift magenta/gold with some pearl white added.

Stephanie
                    Participant

Man, I really love that Kirin and the design on the pegasus! A baby uni with that pattern on it? Or red/gold leaves? *swoons*

Melody
                      Keymaster

Seeing this hippocampus in color shift (I love the touches of color on the top of her mane) makes me think you could possibly get away with painting a raku pottery inspired piece. Though with the complicated pattern I’m pretty sure it would end up being an eBay test paint or an Artist’s Edition. But it sure would be lovely.

I wish there was a metallic red or orange pigment like that! So far I haven’t sound one.

Melody
                        Keymaster

In conclusion: YES PLEASE, COLORSHIFT PEBBLES!

agreed!

coming up

As ebay, LP, or Grab Bag?

LP

Yippee!!

Any hints on what’s being painted first?

No hints. Only because I don’t know!

Nightcrow
                          Participant

I wish there was a metallic red or orange pigment like that! So far I haven’t sound one.

Well, I have to toss in a recommendation for Golden brand “Iridescent Copper (Fine)” acrylic! It’s the copperiest copper paint I have ever found, with a vivid rich red tone to it!

I used it on a PYO, experimentally, and it created an unexpected problem – it’s SO intensely copper, it’s hard to find accent colors for horns/wings; all the other coppers I’ve got are washed-out and dull compared to it! ๐Ÿ˜€ The body stands out more than the accent colors. It’s really close to the color on that pottery.

Hopefully soon I’ll be done with the PYO and able to post pictures of it, so you can see the color. (My camera has wandered away temporarily, or else I’d post a pic of it now.)

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

jmoore
                            Participant

Love that baby peg! And the Hippocampus!

Ela_Hara
                              Participant

So are these color shift paints being used/experimented with something that can be hand brushed on, or just air brushed?

I’m an old fashioned brush painter – I don’t have an air brush and probably don’t see myself getting one in the near future – maybe once I retire in 7+ years or so, but not now. What is the brand & can I get it from where? Are these the Automobile shift color paints?

I Love the mixed shift paint effects and using these as accent colors – the wolves and that Hipp PYO are Really Cool! :love:

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Rylorien
                                Participant

Would it be possible to see a blue/silver or purple/silver color shift paint? Not that I particularly mind the current color combos available; I’m just curious because that sort of color mixing is most appealing to me.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 77 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.