New Color Shift Paint

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody New Color Shift Paint

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Angelika_Zen
    Participant

Deleted post

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Angelika_Zen
      Participant

deleted post

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Nightcrow
        Participant

W O W !!!!

I am blown away – shiny metallic things and colorshift things are my weakness, so this is, like, PERFECT.

If this came out on the Sitting Red Fox, I would buy three! (Or at least two!) That golden-green is really striking.

Although… I’ve been secretly hoping for a fantasy (probably Simple Fantasy) grab bag of Sitting Red Foxes; what about a Colorshift Grab Bag?? Since it sounds like you have multiple colorshift colors, that would be just fabulous!

Come to that, I could go for a Colorshift GB of Fennecs or Bat-Ears, too, but the Sitting Red is my top favourite. (Larger, and smoother, too, since he’s not curled.)

In conclusion: YES PLEASE, COLORSHIFT PEBBLES!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

fatalbeauty
          Participant

agreed!

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Prezaurian
            Participant

( this is Melody)
              No, never heard of spaz stix! I googled it, that is a model car paint in a spray can! Neat. But it is solvent based. If you use it on PYOs it is possible it will eventually blister if this paint drys into a water-tight film. Acrylic paint “breathes” a little, so moisture doesn’t get trapped under the paint layer. This is problem with gypsum stuff if the piece is subjected to extreme humidity and temperature changes.
              But maybe it will work fine! I don’t know.

I was wondering about that because whenever I open them up the smell is a bit…overwhelming. I wasn’t sure what it would do to the gypsum so I’ve always laid down a base of acrylic paint and used the Spaz Stix color shift as accents on top of the acrylic (I use the 2 ounce bottles they sell for airbrushes, not the spray cans). I’ve been too nervous to cover a whole sculpture in it. 🙂 Lol, Frank has a bit of Spaz Stix accents on him. I hope he’s not blistering!

Great to know you guys found a version of the color shift that CAN readily be used on gypsum though! I’m looking forward to seeing sculpts in it.

Melody
              Keymaster

Will there be several color shift paints coming out or just the golden one? I love the purple one on Werepanther.

seven different colors, though a couple of them look very similar to each other.

Melody
                Keymaster

agreed!

coming up

Melody
                  Keymaster

( this is Melody)
                    No, never heard of spaz stix! I googled it, that is a model car paint in a spray can! Neat. But it is solvent based. If you use it on PYOs it is possible it will eventually blister if this paint drys into a water-tight film. Acrylic paint “breathes” a little, so moisture doesn’t get trapped under the paint layer. This is problem with gypsum stuff if the piece is subjected to extreme humidity and temperature changes.

I was wondering about that because whenever I open them up the smell is a bit…overwhelming. I wasn’t sure what it would do to the gypsum so I’ve always laid down a base of acrylic paint and used the Spaz Stix color shift as accents on top of the acrylic (I use the 2 ounce bottles they sell for airbrushes, not the spray cans). I’ve been too nervous to cover a whole sculpture in it. 🙂 Lol, Frank has a bit of Spaz Stix accents on him. I hope he’s not blistering!

Great to know you guys found a version of the color shift that CAN readily be used on gypsum though! I’m looking forward to seeing sculpts in it.

It is probably fine to use a solvent paint ( with adequate ventilation! Don’t breathe it!) in small spots on a gypsum piece, just as long as moisture can escape elsewhere on the piece.

Scathach
                    Participant

agreed!

coming up

As ebay, LP, or Grab Bag?

Life is beautiful.

Melody
                      Keymaster

( this is Melody)

It is probably fine to use a solvent paint ( with adequate ventilation! Don’t breathe it!) in small spots on a gypsum piece, just as long as moisture can escape elsewhere on the piece. It won’t actually hurt the gypsum, just might not stick forever.

Melody
                        Keymaster

agreed!

coming up

LP

Ferlin1984
                          Participant

i can’t wait to see them!

PrairieVixen
                            Participant

LP

Yessssssssssss, thank you!! 😀 Can’t wait to see them!!

.*ºSearching for Spectrals and Rising Spectrals in all patterns and colors!º*.

MandBsMom
                              Participant

Woot!!!!!! Just wait till Friday please!!!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Scathach
                                Participant

agreed!

coming up

LP

Yippee!!

Any hints on what’s being painted first?

Life is beautiful.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 77 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.