New Color Shift Paint

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody New Color Shift Paint

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    jmoore
    Participant

Hi Ms Melody!

I saw the cougar in new color shift paint you posted to FB.

Love it!

What about a baby Pegasus in this? πŸ™‚

But I would definitely go for an Artcic or Fennec…..

Adaneth
      Participant

Wow! That’s amazing! Thanks for sharing the photo for us non-FB folks. πŸ™‚

Hi Ms Melody!

Love it!

(This is Melody) I did try a baby Pegasus.
        This paint is very odd. I am experimenting with it on other sculptures. I painted an Oriental dragon with it and it looks … interesting. Sometimes it looks great, like on this guy, sometimes it is not so impressive. But, yes I will experiment with it!
        This cougar is one of seven different color-shift cougars I have painted. The others are equally odd and beautiful.

This paint looks great on most of the pebbles.
        Pam took this pic.

fatalbeauty
        Participant

ooooooo! that is awesome!

4 things I'm looking for:
          1. Mother Meerkat
          2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
          3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
          4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Prezaurian
          Participant

Hi Ms Melody!

Love it!

(This is Melody) I did try a baby Pegasus.
            This paint is very odd. I am experimenting with it on other sculptures. I painted an Oriental dragon with it and it looks … interesting. Sometimes it looks great, like on this guy, sometimes it is not so impressive. But, yes I will experiment with it!
            This cougar is one of seven different color-shift cougars I have painted. The others are equally odd and beautiful.

This paint looks great on most of the pebbles.
            Pam took this pic.

Oh my gosh, so cool! πŸ˜€ I have to ask, did you use the Spaz Stix color shift paint for the cougars? Color shifting paint is SO cool! I love the stuff! I have three or so different ones in my painting kit. -sighs- I gotta go get an airbrush to use them more effectively though. That’s next on my hobby shopping list. πŸ˜‰ I want to use the mirror chrome paint on the pyo oriental when it comes out. Mirror chrome and then nebula theme on the underside of the body…or perhaps the other way around. I am SO STOKED for this!

As an aside, I bet this stuff would be AMAZING if it were selectively used on a Secret Keeper. -sighs- I’d die I think. Anything with minimal texturing, smooth scales or surfaces (like the wizard robes perhaps). That must be why it looks so good on the pebbles.

jmoore
            Participant

Thank you for the information! I can’t wait to see what you come up with in your experimentation!

I know Werepanther will be drooling with that one!!!! πŸ™‚

WeRePaNtHeR
              Participant

Drooling a puddle! ^~^ Trina!

Forever seeking: plum, chili pepper, and tattoo oriental dragons and kirins.

Zelda
                Participant

Wow, what an effect! I can definitely understand why the broad, smooth surfaces of the pebbles show off this kind of paint better than textured fur and small scales. I’d say that’s one successful experiment!

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

Kelsey
                  Participant

I love the color shift paints. Looks great on the cougar!

( this is Melody)
                    No, never heard of spaz stix! I googled it, that is a model car paint in a spray can! Neat. But it is solvent based. If you use it on PYOs it is possible it will eventually blister if this paint drys into a water-tight film. Acrylic paint “breathes” a little, so moisture doesn’t get trapped under the paint layer. This is problem with gypsum stuff if the piece is subjected to extreme humidity and temperature changes.
                    But maybe it will work fine! I don’t know.

Drooling a puddle! ^~^ Trina!

Your cougar is the red/blue color shift.

WeRePaNtHeR
                    Participant

My cougar is painted in the color awesome you mean, Melody! πŸ˜‰

Forever seeking: plum, chili pepper, and tattoo oriental dragons and kirins.

Ferlin1984
                      Participant

Will there be several color shift paints coming out or just the golden one? I love the purple one on Werepanther.

Angelika_Zen
                        Participant

deleted post

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 77 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.