fbpx

Nakase's PYOs: Griff update pg3

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Nakase's PYOs: Griff update pg3

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

Very nice.

As for sealing it depends on if you use a spray on type or a brush on type whether or not you need to cover the eyes and jewels. When I used a spray on sealer I covered them with tape. Lately I’ve been using a brush on sealer so no covering is required. I always put the felt pad on last after everything is all dried and after I sign the pad…kind of hard to sign other wise.

pegasi1978 wrote:

Very nice.

As for sealing it depends on if you use a spray on type or a brush on type whether or not you need to cover the eyes and jewels. When I used a spray on sealer I covered them with tape. Lately I’ve been using a brush on sealer so no covering is required. I always put the felt pad on last after everything is all dried and after I sign the pad…kind of hard to sign other wise.

Can you recommend a brush on sealer? I have a Micheals and JoAnn store close by. There is also a speacialy art store downtown. Also, do you put it on thick? or thin? and how many coats? (trying to learn things on this one, before I paint some I plan to sell)

www.nakaseart.com

Pegasi1978
      Participant

I have a small bottle of liquitex gloss medium and varnish that I use because if I want to mix some of the interference powders in with it I can. It’s a glossy finish though. I try to put it on thin (because the product is THICK) and then once it dies look to see if there are spots that need touching up.

Thanks a whole bunch Pegasi1978 πŸ˜€

www.nakaseart.com

Pegasi1978
        Participant

No problem. If you want to use a spray on sealer at some point Krylon is really good and you can usually find it with the spray paints. It comes in different finishes too.

One new WIP PYO ^^

EDIT: Got the head to start looking okay, and painted on his leopard spots <3

Here’s hoping it’ll turn out the way I want it to ^^;
          ~Nakase

www.nakaseart.com

I cannot wait to see that Griffin done….I always foam at the mouth over Griffins… 😳 And that Ki-RIn is splendid! πŸ˜€ (Mmloda will like him! hee hee πŸ˜‰ )

lol! I knew you’d be around once I posted a pic xP (hoping I get you in the swap ^^; would be fuuuuun )
          The Griff is based on a purple/blue headed hummingbird/black leopard
          The Kirin is based off of Flourite, one of my favorite stones ^^ *is a rockhound/lapidary*

I still haven’t sealed my copper dragon..I’m so scared to o_o;;
          I’m mostly spooked about getting dust in the sealent..

www.nakaseart.com

Adaneth
          Participant

Wow, they’re both looking great! πŸ˜€ Thanks for posting photos!

twindragonsmum
            Participant

Nakase wrote:

I still haven’t sealed my copper dragon..I’m so scared to o_o;;I’m mostly spooked about getting dust in the sealent..

I use DecoArt Multi-Purpose Sealer (brush on) or J.W. etc.’s Right Step Water Base Clear Varnish (also brush on) I can hardly wait to see the griffy finished!

twindragonsmum 8)

tdm

bayoudragon
              Participant

This rockhound also loves fluorite! I can’t wait to see him done! πŸ™‚

LadyFirebird
                Participant

Love your paint job on the dragon and can’t wait to see the griffin and kirin when they’re finished! Looks like rich colors on that griffin–all these people here doing such great jobs on their first PYOs. πŸ™‚

Nakase wrote:

lol! I knew you’d be around once I posted a pic xP (hoping I get you in the swap ^^; would be fuuuuun )
                  The Griff is based on a purple/blue headed hummingbird/black leopard
                  The Kirin is based off of Flourite, one of my favorite stones ^^ *is a rockhound/lapidary*

I still haven’t sealed my copper dragon..I’m so scared to o_o;;
                  I’m mostly spooked about getting dust in the sealent..
                  Well, if you don’t I am always up for single trades! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€

finnished the Flourite inspired KiRin:

I still need to seal it, and am kinda scared to : I have the golden brush on sealent, but just a bit nervous if the weather is ok and such…I don’t want to mess it up πŸ™„
                  I might have to sell this one ;_; we’ll see what happens in Hubby’s next paycheck…

www.nakaseart.com

Very pretty! πŸ˜€
                  Still looking forward to the finished Griffin. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.