fbpx

Nakase's PYOs: Griff update pg3

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Nakase's PYOs: Griff update pg3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author

First Windstone PYO!
    I’m going for a copper idea…Arizona is the Copper state ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Not too sure about the green claws…but got more work done on it…

Advice is always appreciated. The white areas will have more green. A ziploc lid for a turntable ๐Ÿ˜†
    please nobody hurt me if “copper” has been done before >_< I looked through some of the gallery and saw two that had a similar concept, but didn't look the way I planned this one out in PS. Also, I got the PYO through a private deal. I'm not going to name the seller ^^; no offence
    For my first one…I guess it’s ok? Will update with pictures as I continue painting <3

~Nakase

www.nakaseart.com

www.nakaseart.com

KoishiiKitty
    Participant

Nakase wrote:

First Windstone PYO!

Advice is always appreciated. The white areas will have more green. A ziploc lid for a turntable ๐Ÿ˜†
      please nobody hurt me if “copper” has been done before >_< I looked through some of the gallery and saw two that had a similar concept, but didn't look the way I planned this one out in PS. Also, I got the PYO through a private deal. I'm not going to name the seller ^^; no offence
      For my first one…I guess it’s ok? Will update with pictures as I continue painting <3

~Nakase

a ziplock lid? i did not steal your only turntable did i???? O_o

the green reminds me of raw copper (i think???? is that the one that has a greenish look to the raw stone?)

to really enhance it I would play with antiquing and drybrushing.( i did not show that when i was painting, bad me o_O)
      if you put a darker color(mix a little black with the copper) and brushed it into the crevices of the scales, then just lightly, very lightly, brushed over a lighter..maybe even a gold..it will still look copper but it will have this really neet illusion of “glow” to it. like what you get with a pollished mettle. although this is not a technique that you do it ones and it comes out….when i do it i often go over re-layering paint…examples: paint base color…add darker color…add lighter color…add more darker color…add base color again…add darker color…add lighter color..
      and all that is done in very small layers of paint. What happens is that because the layers are so thin, you can see through them to a certian point and this is what gives the illusion of “glow” and color play as your turn the object.

๐Ÿ™‚

I may be able to demonstrate what i mean on ustream for you…must find stomething to paint that technique on….

KoishiiKitty wrote:

a ziplock lid? i did not steal your only turntable did i???? O_o

the green reminds me of raw copper (i think???? is that the one that has a greenish look to the raw stone?)

to really enhance it I would play with antiquing and drybrushing.( i did not show that when i was painting, bad me o_O)
      if you put a darker color(mix a little black with the copper) and brushed it into the crevices of the scales, then just lightly, very lightly, brushed over a lighter..maybe even a gold..it will still look copper but it will have this really neet illusion of “glow” to it. like what you get with a pollished mettle. although this is not a technique that you do it ones and it comes out….when i do it i often go over re-layering paint…examples: paint base color…add darker color…add lighter color…add more darker color…add base color again…add darker color…add lighter color..
      and all that is done in very small layers of paint. What happens is that because the layers are so thin, you can see through them to a certian point and this is what gives the illusion of “glow” and color play as your turn the object.

๐Ÿ™‚

I may be able to demonstrate what i mean on ustream for you…must find stomething to paint that technique on….

Nah, I have another lazysusan, but this was already on my desk(from removing a centipede from the bathroom) and it’s the right size for now ^^;

Well, I was thinking clean bright copper in the recessed areas with the patina on the top of the body and some edges of the scales, while the belly is shiny and seems even more so like new copper. I was planning to antique it once I was finnished, but I really do agree in that it doesn’t have much depth to the scales and such right now.
      I’ve also been deviating from my original color scheme by adding plum/red/and blue topaz xD (annealed copper has beautiful reds and purples, so I’m playing with that idea in my head= playing too much in jewelry class)

www.nakaseart.com

PurpleTurtle
      Participant

The dragon is looking good so far ๐Ÿ˜€ . I love the patina look anyways. Copper and green looks great together. Can’t wait to see the little guy done ๐Ÿ˜€ .

KoishiiKitty
        Participant

it sounds like it will be interesting ๐Ÿ™‚

Bodine
          Participant

KoishiiKitty wrote:

:hi: KoishiiKitty,Slightly off subject,I saw your PYO red/tiger uni.it is fabulous. 8) All of the PYOs I’ve seen here are beautiful and unique as the painters that lovingly do them.I’m wanting a unpainted keeper to do myself squeek* ๐Ÿ˜€

Every act matters.No matter how small๐Ÿ’ž
            (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
            Male Hearth....one day๐ŸคžDream on.

Pegasi1978
            Participant

Everyone has their own interpretation of how different things look so I wouldn’t worry about doing copper when someone else has done copper before. You should know that if you give two different people the EXACT same description and tell them to “art” it (whether it be drawing, painting, spriting, et cetera) that they will always come out slightly different.

PurpleTurtle
              Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

Everyone has their own interpretation of how different things look so I wouldn’t worry about doing copper when someone else has done copper before. You should know that if you give two different people the EXACT same description and tell them to “art” it (whether it be drawing, painting, spriting, et cetera) that they will always come out slightly different.

My thoughts exactly :yes: . That’s what’s great about stuff like this ๐Ÿ˜€ .

KoishiiKitty
                Participant

bodine6127 wrote:

KoishiiKitty wrote:

:hi: KoishiiKitty,Slightly off subject,I saw your PYO red/tiger uni.it is fabulous. 8) All of the PYOs I’ve seen here are beautiful and unique as the painters that lovingly do them.I’m wanting a unpainted keeper to do myself squeek* ๐Ÿ˜€

thank you!

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

When the Keepers come back I’ll have Koishii busy for a while 8) I want a Fire Tiger Keeper and a Magpie one too! Woo!

Nakase! She’s looking great so far! I’m really glad you posted the thread ๐Ÿ˜€

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

PurpleTurtle
                    Participant

That would be freaking awesome 8) !! I can’t wait to see more Keepers painted by Koishii ๐Ÿ˜€ .

Adaneth
                      Participant

Looks very nice! Definitely a ‘copper’ feel to it. ๐Ÿ™‚

By my Husband’s advice, I’m going to name this dragon Jerome. Jerome overlooks the once biggest copper mine in Arizona. At the mine’s peak, it produced 3 million pounds of copper per month.

Antiqued and fully painted Jerome:

Thing is guys and gals, I’m not sure how to seal him! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
                        What do I use?
                        Do I cover the eyes and jewel during the sealing?
                        Do I put the felt pad on after sealing?

Also, I’m going to be looking for a copper nugget to place on his tail curl <3 I think it will be very fitting ^^

So what do you guys think of my first PYO? The next up is in the background ^^;

www.nakaseart.com

bayoudragon
                        Participant

He is gorgeous! And I love the copper nugget idea!! 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.