fbpx

Moving….SUCKS!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Moving….SUCKS!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Setsunawolf
    Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

setsunawolf wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

Please refrain from discussing the owning of/trade of/(etc) raptor feathers here. It is actually illegal.

I just learned that the other day from a falconer. It’s also illegal to own feathers from migratory birds, not just raptors, unless you are a licensed falconer or of documented Native American heritage. The law is designed to protect the birds from being hunted for their feathers. It’s not just feathers either it’s any part of the raptors, bones, claws etc.

Are ducks migratory? He’s got alot of those…And for some reason they have “duck season” here, just like in the Looney Toons… πŸ˜†
      I am actually waiting patiently for a “human season” myself… 😈 πŸ˜†

Yes, Ducks are migratory, like cardinals, blue jays, geese, swans…basically just don’t pick up feathers. I loved to collect feathers when I was kid but I had no clue they were illegal. The laws were passed to protect birds who being killed and plucked for their pretty feathers, apparently several species were almost wiped out.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
      Sun Dragon Koi #3

Starbreeze
      Participant

Moved, and unpacking….
        I have almost unpacked my entire collection, and I found not one broken or chipped! The only ones still in their boxes are the candlelamps, and bookends. I have to wait until I get the livingroom re-arranged to unpack those…Which is where this pc sits. But not for long. He won’t be playing TF2 and watching this huge TV, it is moving into the bedroom. So far, I can’t say that I appreciate this move. I hate to move, but sometimes it is a necessary evil. πŸ˜›
        It looks to rain here on the weekend, because of our wonderful tropical storm weather on the coast. Which today it is doing in grand fashion. I am half tempted to call in today. I have things I can do around here still. It is pouring out. πŸ˜• Can’t do asphalt work in the rain… πŸ‘Ώ Friday and Saturday are supposed to be fairly nice and dry. So, Sunday is painting day I suppose. I have a dragon and a wolf just waiting to get finished… πŸ˜†
        (Although, I did finally get my “Library”. I have a room that is just mine! πŸ˜€ Although it is the Parlor, and the front door enters into it, it is all mine. My bookcases are in there, along with the huge netertainment center, and with no TV on it, it made more room for Windstones! It also has my 125 gallon Oceanic fish tank in it…I get to have my big tank back! *happy dance*
        Hopefully I will get to emailing people tonight and letting them know a bit more. πŸ˜‰

I’m glad you’re getting settled in. That’s great!!!! πŸ˜€

setsunawolf wrote:

setsunawolf wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

Please refrain from discussing the owning of/trade of/(etc) raptor feathers here. It is actually illegal.

I just learned that the other day from a falconer. It’s also illegal to own feathers from migratory birds, not just raptors, unless you are a licensed falconer or of documented Native American heritage. The law is designed to protect the birds from being hunted for their feathers. It’s not just feathers either it’s any part of the raptors, bones, claws etc.

Are ducks migratory? He’s got alot of those…And for some reason they have “duck season” here, just like in the Looney Toons… πŸ˜†
        I am actually waiting patiently for a “human season” myself… 😈 πŸ˜†

Yes, Ducks are migratory, like cardinals, blue jays, geese, swans…basically just don’t pick up feathers. I loved to collect feathers when I was kid but I had no clue they were illegal. The laws were passed to protect birds who being killed and plucked for their pretty feathers, apparently several species were almost wiped out.

Actually, I guess I forgot about this part of this thread…ON PURPOSE. I realized Em was the last to say anything so I never thought to go back and re-read it. I didn’t post to dredge up that again. πŸ™„ (No hard feelings though. Stuff happens. LOL)

On a better note, Thanks Star! It’s still sorta like a maze around here, but not like it was 2 weeks ago. πŸ˜†

Maria
        Participant

Hey WSC, I hope you don’t mind that I didn’t get your griffin in with today’s PYO order. I can’t remember what pattern we agreed on, and I figured you’d be busy for a bit longer so I’d have time to do Ski’s and the swap PYO first. Is that okay?

I suppose…. πŸ˜‰ J/K I am still working in my mind how to put the pettern I want on the wings. 😳 I will probably work on Medley’s wolf and the swap at the same time, unless the wings magically come through my “painter’s block” one day in the meantime. πŸ˜† I think you picked a white and purple orchid? But don’t quote me on that. 😯 I’m sure I will have all 3 done by the end of the swap. πŸ˜€

Maria
          Participant

Okay, then I’ll order your griffin together with whatever I need to get for the swap. πŸ˜‰ If I know me, the swap piece will get done before anything else, because it’s got a deadline and I’m such a slow painter…
            What did I pick? Purple orchid patterning on a yellow base coat, or something like that, wasn’t it? No matter, I know you’ll make it look lovely.

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Okay, then I’ll order your griffin together with whatever I need to get for the swap. πŸ˜‰ If I know me, the swap piece will get done before anything else, because it’s got a deadline and I’m such a slow painter…
            What did I pick? Purple orchid patterning on a yellow base coat, or something like that, wasn’t it? No matter, I know you’ll make it look lovely.

LOL! No, that is what you picked to put on my Griff…You wanted a Yellow Swallowtail butterfly on a dragon from me…Atleast that is what you sent me in a pic. 😯 I hope you didn’t change your mind, I already have it done but for the wing pattern. πŸ˜€
            It really doesn’t matter what you put on the Griff, I like all of your Griffins anyway. 8)

Starbreeze
            Participant

Neither one of you could paint a bad PYO, if you tried. πŸ˜†

Pffft! I know I can. πŸ˜† But it taught me a valuable lesson…When removing paint, watch out for the eyes or you will lose them down the drain! 😯 πŸ˜†
              I’m still waiting for that Phoenix…I can’t wait to play with all those feathers! πŸ˜€
              I’m working on Medley’s wolf right now and thinking what I am gonna do with GB’s dragon’s wings… 😐
              While waiting anxiously for the swap names to be drawn. Wonder how many have signed up so far. 😈

Maria
              Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

LOL! No, that is what you picked to put on my Griff…You wanted a Yellow Swallowtail butterfly on a dragon from me…Atleast that is what you sent me in a pic. 😯 I hope you didn’t change your mind, I already have it done but for the wing pattern. πŸ˜€
                It really doesn’t matter what you put on the Griff, I like all of your Griffins anyway. 8)

Oh, now I remember. 😳 πŸ˜† Bad me. No, I definitely didn’t change my mind. I wouldn’t dare, after all the work you already put into it!
                You said no firey colors. I know I’ve still got the whole conversation in my inbox; I just need to look at it again. πŸ˜›

GB, if you wanna change your mind on what to paint for me, be my guest. πŸ˜€ I’m not a great fan of blue, but I did love (Ugh, my mind just went blank… 😯 ) Was it Prax? It was a royal blue and white Ki-Rin…It won’t matter what color it is, There hasn’t been a PYO you have painted that hasn’t taken my breath away! 😳 Your Griffin that looked like Lava was very pretty too! Paint whatever you like if you have changed your mind! πŸ˜€

Starbreeze
                Participant

If either of you doesn’t want your pyo, I’ll take it. πŸ˜†

ROFFLE!!! πŸ˜† You’ll jsut have to wait for the phoenix to come out… 😈 πŸ˜‰

Maria
                  Participant

starbreeze wrote:

If either of you doesn’t want your pyo, I’ll take it. πŸ˜†

😳 Aw Rhonda, you’re too kind. But I know I’m going to love what WSC paints for me…

Maria
                    Participant

GB, if you wanna change your mind on what to paint for me, be my guest. πŸ˜€ I’m not a great fan of blue, but I did love (Ugh, my mind just went blank… 😯 ) Was it Prax? It was a royal blue and white Ki-Rin…It won’t matter what color it is, There hasn’t been a PYO you have painted that hasn’t taken my breath away! 😳 Your Griffin that looked like Lava was very pretty too! Paint whatever you like if you have changed your mind! πŸ˜€

Yep, that would be Prax. She’s still the most popular PYO I’ve painted yet. πŸ˜€ I could do a griffin like her. In fact, I think that would be real pretty… I’ll figure soemthing out as soon as the PYO gets here. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.