fbpx

Moving….SUCKS!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Moving….SUCKS!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author

As some of you know, I am moving out of my apartment. I have alot to go and only a couple weeks to get it done. I won’t be on much for that time.

Edited…

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Please refrain from discussing the owning of/trade of/(etc) raptor feathers here. It is actually illegal.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

dragonmedley
      Participant

Aw! So we can’t talk about when we traded feathers with someone? πŸ˜›

Get it???

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Setsunawolf
        Participant

Jennifer wrote:

Please refrain from discussing the owning of/trade of/(etc) raptor feathers here. It is actually illegal.

I just learned that the other day from a falconer. It’s also illegal to own feathers from migratory birds, not just raptors, unless you are a licensed falconer or of documented Native American heritage. The law is designed to protect the birds from being hunted for their feathers. It’s not just feathers either it’s any part of the raptors, bones, claws etc.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
          Sun Dragon Koi #3

Starbreeze
          Participant

Moving is such a pain!!! Hang in there!!!

starbreeze wrote:

yeah it really sucks when your inlaws break your stuff then hide it acting like they dont know what your talking about >:( . Never ask inlaws to help you move

Starbreeze
            Participant

They hid it!!! 😯 Your in-laws are really something else…not sure what though. No offense PD.

Maria
              Participant

Jennifer wrote:

But if you just find shed raptor feathers you should be allowed to keep them, shouldn’t you? πŸ˜•

Greater Basilisk wrote:

But if you just find shed raptor feathers you should be allowed to keep them, shouldn’t you? πŸ˜•

The problem with that is proving you just found them. Or that you just mysteriously happened to “find” a dead raptor and acquire all it’s feathers…

I’m not American, mind you, but I can see why the rule is in place. It’s harsh, but..

Katherine
                Participant

Good luck moving!

Jennifer
                  Keymaster

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

Not in the US. If they find out (and YES, officers do crawl websites, I had a friend talk about this in her journal and she got busted) they can take the feathers away. If they find out and want to be jerks, they can also slap you with a fine (up to $5,000 for possession, it’s obviously much higher if they have proof you were harassing or hurt the animal in question) and community service time.

I understand why the law is in place, but I wish we would have a way that is fair to anyone that collects naturally molted feathers too. :/

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                    My art: featherdust.com

Setsunawolf
                    Participant

The falconer I spoke with said they can slap you with a $1000 per feather fine. The law exists to protect the declining bird numbers, like so many other animals they were being hunted to extinction for their feathers. You can’t have duck feathers either unless you have a hunting license and a tag for the dead fowl. I suppose the real comment is about human nature. I’m not so sure it’s very complimentary either. πŸ˜•

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                      Sun Dragon Koi #3

starbreeze wrote:

They hid it!!! 😯 Your in-laws are really something else…not sure what though. No offense PD.

yup hid my planet Hollywood Orlando collectors glass that was a gift to me , and sprung the door on my Antique Chest of drawers that once belonged to a friend that passed away, you know the kind that looks like a weapons cabinet.

Necron99 wrote:

starbreeze wrote:

yeah it really sucks when your inlaws break your stuff then hide it acting like they dont know what your talking about >:( . Never ask inlaws to help you move

What really pisses me off is when they scratch the hell out of expensive furniture and then say, “Well, you didn’t have blankets.” If they looked in the middle of the largest room in my house/houses (Yes, I have moved 15 times in 35 years. πŸ™„ ) they would see the HUGE PILE of blankets. I only have about 30 queen sized blankets. 😑
                      Yes, in-laws can be bad, but Scott’s friends are MUCH worse. How about haphasardly loading a 30 ft Ryder truck and then laughing their butts off when they get it to the house and all the stuff is flopping around in there and half of it is broken? Now, I had to make 7 trips with Scott’s 2000 GrandAm…packed FULL to get every last Windstone out of here, BUT I did it, and with a bunch of help from my 13 year old son and one of his 12 yr old friends. Nothing got dropped, and boy if that 12 yr old isn’t a mule! 😯 He’s almost as tall as me at 5’7″! And he weighs about the same as me, and I’m not telling that! πŸ˜† I have yet to unpack them, the entertainment center and book cases are not moved yet, just everything I could possibly carry by myself is going this week and then furniture on this weekend and the next. I’m so tire od this and the sad part is that I haven’t got nearly the amount of things Windstone and Co. did, but I am still moving in stages. πŸ™„ (Melody, Susie, John, Kids, and Comapny…I thought I had huge respect for you guys moving before…Now, I have emense respect for your patience and the ability to not snap and go mental on everyone here still begging for new things! πŸ˜€ )

Sorry Nam….Didn’t mean to ruffle any feathers. πŸ™ (I don’t always have the time to read every post on here, so I miss alot of the ones I guess with the spanking in them… πŸ˜• ) Although, I don’t have a stuffed bird of any kind (Unless, a beanie baby parrot counts? πŸ˜† ) in my house. My dad does. Plenty of them. And bears, and pumas, and deer, elk, crappies, antelope,and one big UGLY turkey! πŸ˜› Ahhh, well that is him. He has his collection, and I have mine. 8)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.