fbpx

Moving….SUCKS!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Moving….SUCKS!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Starbreeze
    Participant

How much more do you need to move?

Too much! 😯 πŸ˜†
      But I work better when crunched…Damn I love deadlines! πŸ™„
      I’m weeding through my emails, and also surfing the board too…I don’t have time to do much in the way of the net, but I am trying to atleast answer people who have asked me things….But, for some reason I have a bunch of spam from fanbox…Whatever that is. πŸ˜›

setsunawolf wrote:

Jennifer wrote:

Please refrain from discussing the owning of/trade of/(etc) raptor feathers here. It is actually illegal.

I just learned that the other day from a falconer. It’s also illegal to own feathers from migratory birds, not just raptors, unless you are a licensed falconer or of documented Native American heritage. The law is designed to protect the birds from being hunted for their feathers. It’s not just feathers either it’s any part of the raptors, bones, claws etc.

Are ducks migratory? He’s got alot of those…And for some reason they have “duck season” here, just like in the Looney Toons… πŸ˜†
      I am actually waiting patiently for a “human season” myself… 😈 πŸ˜†

Starbreeze
      Participant

“Human season”….I think that would be very popular. πŸ˜†

Well, we do need to thin out our population a bit. 😈

purpledragonclaw
        Participant

Melody
          Keymaster

Quote:

Now, I have emense respect for your patience and the ability to not snap and go mental on everyone here still begging for new things! Very Happy )

This forum and you guys are what is keeping me sane! No kidding! When I feel like snapping, I check on here to see what’s up. Squeaking reminds me that I still might get to be a sculptor again someday. I really appreciate all the input and support you folks give us!! Moving sucks. Some people love it though, anybody out there like to move?

dragonmedley
            Participant

I like the excitement that goes with it: going to a new place, have everything organized, the funny things that happen, what my dad’s gonna break… I can’t say I’d make it a hobby, but I do enjoy it.

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
              I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
              http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Melody wrote:

Quote:

Now, I have emense respect for your patience and the ability to not snap and go mental on everyone here still begging for new things! Very Happy )

This forum and you guys are what is keeping me sane! No kidding! When I feel like snapping, I check on here to see what’s up. Squeaking reminds me that I still might get to be a sculptor again someday. I really appreciate all the input and support you folks give us!! Moving sucks. Some people love it though, anybody out there like to move?

Moving a 50lb TV up four flights of stairs….. hmm… tough question.

No. Absolutely not.

Jasmine
              Participant

I like the unpacking and deciding where things should go. Can’t stand the packing up and hauling and getting everything over in one peice…

Maebnus
                Participant

Jasmine wrote:

I like the unpacking and deciding where things should go. Can’t stand the packing up and hauling and getting everything over in one peice…

Ditto that, especially the “in one piece” bit (hence why most of my Windstones are 7000 miles away). And I’ve come to appreciate moving as a time to thin out all the crap I have that I really don’t need. Otherwise, I can’t say I particularly enjoy the experience… πŸ˜•

I just don’t like the packing part. the actual move is kinda fun (assuming nothing breaks). We may be moving into a house sometime in January. Our first house together…not an apartment. can’t wait.

My most wanted list: Peacock kitty wizard, carnelian mouse wizard, copper patina frog wizard, autumn leaf poads, pumpkin spice kitties

lamortefille
                  Participant

No! I don’t even like hearing about other people moving. πŸ˜†

Jodi
                    Participant

No, I don’t like moving. Something always gets broken.

Moved, and unpacking….
                      I have almost unpacked my entire collection, and I found not one broken or chipped! The only ones still in their boxes are the candlelamps, and bookends. I have to wait until I get the livingroom re-arranged to unpack those…Which is where this pc sits. But not for long. He won’t be playing TF2 and watching this huge TV, it is moving into the bedroom. So far, I can’t say that I appreciate this move. I hate to move, but sometimes it is a necessary evil. πŸ˜›
                      It looks to rain here on the weekend, because of our wonderful tropical storm weather on the coast. Which today it is doing in grand fashion. I am half tempted to call in today. I have things I can do around here still. It is pouring out. πŸ˜• Can’t do asphalt work in the rain… πŸ‘Ώ Friday and Saturday are supposed to be fairly nice and dry. So, Sunday is painting day I suppose. I have a dragon and a wolf just waiting to get finished… πŸ˜†
                      (Although, I did finally get my “Library”. I have a room that is just mine! πŸ˜€ Although it is the Parlor, and the front door enters into it, it is all mine. My bookcases are in there, along with the huge netertainment center, and with no TV on it, it made more room for Windstones! It also has my 125 gallon Oceanic fish tank in it…I get to have my big tank back! *happy dance*
                      Hopefully I will get to emailing people tonight and letting them know a bit more. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.