Mika's PYO's

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 397 total)
  • Author
    Mika
    Participant

Thank you very much! The headband stands out really well against the darker body of the cat.

I’m actually going to start on a tea-stained PYO dragon and kitty griffin soon (already got them stained), and I’m totally fine with people claiming dibs on them if they just absolutely love ’em.

Mika
      Participant

Another piece that was just finished this morning and just in time for Valentine’s Day! Meet Kissune!

20220116_143027

20220116_143047

20220116_143111

She was my first attempt at paint dipping. Most of her body is coated in iridescent paint for a nice shimmer effect when you move her in the light. All the tail tips are painted to look like chocolate hearts.

She’s for sale over here: https://windstoneeditions.com/members/mika/listings/view/1653033/pyo-kissune-the-kitsune-for-sale/

Suzanne-Marie
        Participant

Very pretty Kissune !!
          Luv the play on words !!

Mika
          Participant

Thank you! I couldn’t resist such a good pun for a name!

Nightcrow
            Participant

Love her little heel hearts! Too cute!

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Mika
              Participant

Thank you very much!

Also a quick note that Kissune has been sold.

Mika
                Participant

Starting on another tea-stained piece. I think the fade came out pretty well on it.

20220122_150622

K.Unicorn
                  Participant

Loving the fade and the staining. Really cool use of media. Also love your kissune (great pun) and such a neat use of shapes on the sculpt 🙂

Check out my art at www.kevlarunicorn.com!

Mika
                    Participant

Thank you very much!^^

However…

About a week ago I sadly dropped the dragon and it broke.:( I don’t have the time to repair it so I’m going to redo everything with a new figure. There were some aspects of the now-broken dragon that I didn’t like and can omit/modify with the new one to make it much better than its predecessor.

Mika
                      Participant

These photos were sent to me by sherry10151982 after I requested a few side-by-side photos of Sakura Tiger with his partner Bella Blue. The sushi cats were made almost exactly two years apart, and what a difference a little bit of time and experience make!

unnamed-5

unnamed-4

unnamed-3

unnamed-2

Mika
                        Participant

And the last two photos, with a close-up of the tiger on the bib. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to paint such a nice tiger ever again.

unnamed-1

unnamed-6

Mika
                          Participant

I was able to finish a piece! Found this while looking for the dragon figure, so I decided to tea stain both of them.
                            This is Crystal Koi!

20220218_111822

20220218_111858

The basicness of the piece shows off the tea staining really well imo.

etruscan
                            Participant

That is a very nice kitty, especially the contrast of the black and the tea stain. 🙂

Suzanne-Marie
                              Participant

Really nice work Mika !!
                                That tiger 🐯 is awesome !!

Mika
                                Participant

Thank you both!

I plan to work on a mate for Crystal Koi one day, eventually.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 397 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.