fbpx

Mad,mad,mad weather

Home Forums Miscellany Community Mad,mad,mad weather

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

According to the Washington POST Mississippi has been hit with big rain storms. Fingers crossed that everybody there or nearby is OK!

From an article on August 24:

“Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms producing heavy rain across the warned area. Between 6 and 10 inches of rain have fallen,” wrote the Weather Service in Jackson. “Additional rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches are possible in the warned area. Flash flooding is already occurring with numerous roads flooded and homes threatened or inundated.”

A handful of confirmed rainfall totals over the past 24 hours near and east of Jackson include 8.89 inches in Forest, 8.20 inches in Wiggins and 7.98 inches in Goshen Springs. Near Walnut, Miss., over 15 inches has fallen in two days. Given radar estimates and the reality on the ground, some totals may exceed these 24- and 48-hour values. …

Widespread flash flooding and rescues were underway in places such as Canton, on the northeast of the Jackson metro area, and Brandon, on the eastern edge. Numerous road closures and power outages were also reported.

At least 42 residents of a nursing home in Brandon have been evacuated because of rising waters. Rankin County, which includes Brandon, deployed three water rescue vehicles, two regular boats and one airboat, Sheriff Bryan Bailey said. …

Despite warnings leading up to and during the event, rainfall totals of multiple inches per hour and 8 to 12 inches or more over a short period are bound to cause flooding. This is especially true on soil already saturated by previous rains.

Bodine
      Participant

We are indeed drenched.Some neighborhoods are looking like a hurricane passed and still rain expected until Sat.and then more rain.
        Thanks for keeping an eye out.😉

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Bodine
        Participant

And it’s back.

20220825_163241

But the plants are digging it.

20220823_142640

20220820_062726

Bodine
          Participant

My Confederate Rose is loving all the rain.Grown double time this year.Blooms are just in the 1st stages to bud.Rain does have it’s purpose but now others need it more so move along.

20220825_165343

pipsxlch
            Participant

Please stay safe and dry!
              My plants and I would be happy to take some off of your hands lol

Ela_Hara
              Participant

Be Safe Mimi!
                Hope your house is on high ground and everything stays dry!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
                Participant

I bet Pip.I wish it would leave for awhile.
                  We are in a good spot and our yard drains well.However,this is just through the line of bushes across the road from me.I looked around yesterday after the last down pour.We would not be able to leave the neighborhood if this is this right here.Very hilly here.The water crossing the road is deceptive,it had current.
                  Weatherman just showed RAIN,for the next week.gosh There goes my garden.Pearl River is at 32′,normal 28′ and more rain.Might get very bad.
                  20220825_185540

20220825_185935

20220825_185501

pipsxlch
                  Participant

Here we go again, Ian you aren’t welcome. Of course I have to work instead of being able to prepare. I’m much closer to the east coast than west, but the northeast quadrant of a storm is the worst so we will get a nasty blow unless it changes course dramatically. Right now I’m in the middle of the cone of doom.

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Be Safe Pip!
                      Hope everyone in Florida and the Georgia/Alabama line stay safe and don’t get too much bad weather!
                      My brother lives on the East Coast side of FL in Pompano Beach and should be safe from most of it.

IAN Go HOME!

Bodine
                      Participant

Crazy weather.30°last week,80° this week.Enjoy the ride😁
                        My Confederate Rose doesn’t know whether to go to sleep or wake up.

20221207_113853

Bodine
                        Participant

Thursday 64°,Friday 24° brrrr but no snow.Ela_Hara,it’s coming for y’all. BE SAFE.

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

Thursday 64°,Friday 24° brrrr but no snow.Ela_Hara,it’s coming for y’all. BE SAFE.

Oh I know! Been watching the weather forecasts! Etruscan and I will be in for a rough Thursday and Friday! LOTS of Rain on Thursday for our neck of the woods, then potential Wintery Mix (aka rain-sleet-ice-snow) on Friday! YUK! Good thing I don’t plan on going anywhere on those days – I’ll be baking Cookies! ^_^

Catriona
                            Participant

Cold here with a snow storm coming. So maybe a white Christmas. Below zero wind. Going to be interesting here .

I love Halloween 🎃 and other spooky things. Bats, cats, ghosts , and monsters. I love 💕 to write stories and draw.

Bodine
                              Participant

I feel for y’all. 12°here Friday morning but at least this is a short 4day run.Not like y’all,weeks on end.Going to be bitter cold.Try to stay in and stay warm.
                                I hope noone was injured or lost their homes,Windstones included,from that Cali.earthquake.Living with the earth shaking and rumbling would scare the heck out of me I ain’t gonna lie🤪
                                Have a safe holiday everyone.

Melody
                                Keymaster

Everybody gets snow but us.
                                  Maybe we’ll get a dusting on Thursday.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 300 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.