fbpx

Mad,mad,mad weather

Home Forums Miscellany Community Mad,mad,mad weather

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Old man Winter has woken up and letting us have it.Please be safe out there….and if you have some incredible photos,please share with us.Thanks.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Zexious
      Participant

It’s a cloudy 43F in my neck of the woods which, as far as I can tell, is pretty typical for the time of year and area.

Sending good vibes to everyone! (And hey, if you want to send some of the snow my way…) Be safe out there!

Ela_Hara
        Participant

Hee Hee!
          Winter is now here in MD-DC!
          Woke up to a cold 14 degrees and now it’s a balmy 26! We’re supposed to get light snow showers overnight and through tomorrow. The low for Monday morning may be in the single digits… BBbrrrrrrr! I’m fine as long as the wind doesn’t blow… Windchills are Murder here!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

StormDancer
          Participant

I’m STILL waiting for winter here in Western Colorado. Temps  are finally down to highs of 45 during the day and dropping to below freezing at night but no snow here yet. Christmas morning the moutains to the east of me got a bit of snow but its so dry here the ground is getting 15-20 foot long cracks that are a minimum of 14 inches deep. But I did get a picture Christmas morning of the sun coming up over the mountains. The white on the ground in the foreground is akali not snow.

Looking for:
            "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Bodine
            Participant

StormDancer-What a view.Happy Holidays to you and yours.

You will get your winter soon enough.Enjoy the mildness of it all for now.lol

Ela_Hara-BBBRRRR is RIGHT! I saw where upstate got smacked hard.WOW!

StormDancer
              Participant

Bodine, Thank you, Happy New Year to you and yours!

I have been telling myself for over 25 years that we’d get some moisture. lol.  I have lived here my entire life (other than 4 years I had to be down in Montana a few years ago) and I know for a fact we used to get a lot more rain and snow than we have the last 25 years.  Heck it didnt even rain here hard enough for the drops to actually hit the ground this last summer. Was frustrating to see the storms come in, be able to feel the moisture in the air, but then see it evaporate before anything hit the ground. I am really hoping that we get some form of moisture soon or the fires will be bad again this year. Last time anything actually even got the ground damp here was Febuary 2017. And I know that even 60 miles can make a huge difference  as there are surrounding towns that have gotten some moisture. My husband drives over the mountain passes here a lot and was saying that if the ski resorts weren’t making artificial snow, they would still be closed this season. As your title says.. its Mad, mad, mad weather!

Looking for:

Zexious
                Participant

Love the photo, Storm! As Bodine says, that’s a gorgeous view 🙂

Colorado really is something in terms of its weather–I imagine the western portion of the state could be even more so! Right about now, I’m definitely missing my Denver winter :’)

We’ve warmed up a little here to 51, but it’s still cloudy. I’d like to get my new car washed, but it seems rain is perpetually lingering in the forecast, but never quite manifesting. Ugh x.x

Bodine
                  Participant

I just saw the weather on the East coast.WOW! Y’all be careful out there.

Suzanne-Marie
                    Participant

I was awakened at 2:40 AM with an earthquake, 4.5 magnitude.
                      My bed was rocking and rolling.
                      Just hung on until it was over.
                      My pretties are all safe, since I have them all tacked down with museum putty.
                      I have lived in San Francisco Bay Area since 1990,and these earthquakes still really freak me out.
                      But not as much as the terror of tornadoes and tornado warnings when I lived in Michigan !! LOL !!

Bodine
                      Participant

Oooo..I don’t think I would like that very much.Glad you and critters and Windstones are safe😋

StormDancer
                        Participant

I’m glad you are ok Suzanne-Marie. I’m going to do my best to always avoid earthquakes but I would love it if someone from the east coast would ship me some of their bad weather!

Looking for:

merrillannwhite
                          Participant

I live in Richmond, VA.  We only got some of the snow.  Folks north of us have been getting clobbered though.  Praying everyone is ok.  As for avoiding earthquakes, we had one here about that magnitude a few years ago.  I thought a tractor-trailer had missed the turn for the highway and was coming through my back door!

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

BBRrrrrr!
                              Temps the past three days have had lows in the single digits, like 3 or 4 degrees, in the mornings and highs in the low 20s IF it reached that high! The recent wind chills have kept the temperatures feeling more like 0 or lower at times – BBRrrrrr!

Tomorrow’s going to be another Cold and Windy one! All thanks to the ‘Bomb Cyclone’ going up the East Coast past us! Did I mention it was COLD! BBRRRRR!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

etruscan
                              Participant

Yep – brrr is the word!  I have my faucets set to drip for the next couple of days.

phantomess
                                Participant

It’s strange how mild our winter has been so far here in Colorado Springs. Very, very little snow (pretty much just a couple instances of flurries), and temperatures not as cold as usual. Not that I’m complaining in the least! I’m from California and am not a fan of the winters here (I’ve been here more than a decade now though). This is my first winter working from home, so I don’t actually have to go out except that I do voluntarily go to the gym most days. But I used to have to get up at 5 AM every day, drive to work in the snow and ice before dawn, and be outside off-and-on throughout the day to take the dog packs at work out to potty and to clean up after them. Now that I finally have the ability to stay inside most of the time, the winter is taking it easy on us!  (For now.)

Formerly had the Batman & Joker avatar!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 300 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.