fbpx

Mad,mad,mad weather

Home Forums Miscellany Community Mad,mad,mad weather

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

We are having sirens screaming all morning.Third time in a month to have tornadoes kicking about.Uh-oh,hail.

I just realized our neighborhood is called Sherwood Forest on our state weather map.

SoI guess this means more snow heading east??Think…SUNSHINE🌅

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Angelika_Zen
      Participant

On the 13th, it was 5 degrees C. and raining – we had NO snow. Yesterday, I woke up to blowing snow and 20 cm had fallen. This morning I wake up to freezing raining.  We got a layer of ice, under a layer of snow, under another layer of ice.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

etruscan
        Participant

We have at least one Forum member in Ellicott City, MD.  Reports are that downtown is flooded and the surrounding area is getting LOTS of rain.  Stay safe!

From the Washington POST website:

For the second time two years, Main Street in Ellicott City has been transformed into a raging river due to waves of thunderstorms unloading torrential rain. The National Weather Service issued a flash flood emergency for the city at 4:40 p.m. and reported multiple water rescues underway. …

Radar indicates 3 to 6 inches of rain has fallen in just two hours and it continues to rain heavily. Just to the south of Ellicott City, radar indicated as much as 7 to 8 inches had fallen – which is an incredible amount of rain in such a short amount of time.

Strong thunderstorms have formed and reformed in the zone between Ellicott City and Baltimore, unloading extreme rainfall in a process known as training. Flooding has also been reported in downtown Baltimore and Columbia.

Ela_Hara
          Participant

I was watching the reports and Main Street Ellicott City was indeed a rushing river again – just like two years ago. So horrible to see those residents in the same situation again.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
            Participant

Boy yeah,dreadful…and not even a catagory hurricane.Be as safe as possible out there.

etruscan
              Participant

Two weeks with no rain at all and now we’re being inundated.  We’ve gotten a total of seven inches over the last three days (and today isn’t over yet)!

Bodine
                Participant

Geez!Be safe.

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

Yeah you and me both! Ya know… I think I’m beginning to hate the phrase “When it Rain, it Pours”…. :/
                    We have a small lake in the front yard by the road and puddles and swampy patches all over the back yard. The bird feeder station has water in it, but of course the feeders hang on the cross posts so the birds are doing fine. Our garden is under water at one end – the end that doesn’t have anything planted so that’s not too bad. We just won’t be able to cut the grass anytime soon… like two weeks, maybe? We’ll just go squish-squish-squish…

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

StormDancer
                    Participant

I would take any rain you wish to share. I do hope it dries out for ya’ll soon though! Flooding isn’t any fun at all!

I took the dogs out yesterday evening and… Look another fire started by heat lightening.

I truly wish all the thunderstorms we have here actually brought rain and not just wind and more lightening.

Looking for:
                      "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Bodine
                      Participant

THAT would keep me on edge.Storms you know they are coming,those lightning strikes are instant with bad results.

Bodine
                        Participant

Storm coming.I love storms.Primal.

pipsxlch
                          Participant

Ah! I love thunderstorms too (except when they blow out my transformer lol). I’ve been sad the last 2 days didn’t cloud up and rain at all.

Suzanne-Marie
                            Participant

I too luv storms but we don’t get too many here in California.

Bodine
                              Participant

Ms.Suzanne-Marie,they say it don’t rain,it pours.This true?

I have loved wild storms as long as I can remember.When I was in the foster home I remember Hurricane Betsy.We lived on a working farm and had the big old fashioned porch. I remember sneaking out on it to watch the crazy weather.I remember trees bending so far over so far they would almost touch the ground,some got hung up on other trees.The howling of the wind made my skin tingle.My foster mom grabbed me up,I was six and I got whooped.That same evening a huge Oak tree got hit by lightning,split in half and half hit that porch.THAT was scary but didn’t scare me enough to be afraid of hurricanes😁

All this 100+degree weather is tough.Hot,hot Summer.Stay cool out there.

Bodine
                                Participant

I hope all of you are safe from those wild fires ,no loss of lives or homes.Be safe

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 300 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.