fbpx

Mad,mad,mad weather

Home Forums Miscellany Community Mad,mad,mad weather

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    Mika
    Participant

Rain and 50mph winds expected today so most likely a few power lines are going to become casualties. It doesn’t seem like things will ice over though, which is a bit of a silver lining.

pipsxlch
      Participant

80s during the day here, 60s at night, mostly sunny and clear. It’s dry season now, no rain unless a front moves down. Some don’t make it this far south.

etruscan
        Participant

Today it was about 60 degrees … starting tonight and continuing into tomorrow we are supposed to get several inches of snow. Brrr – I’m not ready for the weather to change that fast!

Ela_Hara
          Participant

Yeah – and I have to drive in it at 6:30am! Yuk! Clearing snow and crap off my car and defrosting…. :/

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

etruscan
            Participant

Yeah – and I have to drive in it at 6:30am! Yuk! Clearing snow and crap off my car and defrosting…. :/

Yikes! Stay safe!

Kujacker
              Participant

We had so much snow last week. We are still buried in it. I ended up calling out three days of this week (as did half the store I understand), and the one day I tried to drive my truck to work, it got stuck in the snow haha. Ended up having to leave it on the side of the road and was able to get it back to the house the night after.
                I’ve been taking the light rail to work since. I hate driving, so I think I’m just going to keep using it 🙂 No more rush hour, or traffic or anything.

I haven’t had to deal with snow in, what, something like 29 years? My memories of six feet of snow from a child are really all I had. Even with all the issues, I’m enjoying every bit of it. According to my friends that I have lived in Seattle for much longer, snow in December isn’t normal. While I didn’t/don’t celebrate christmas, I had a “white christmas” for the first time since I was like 5 or 6.

Bodine
                Participant

Wow.Winter arrived here late yesterday evening.80°and dropped to 25°in one day. Y’all be safe out there.💖

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                  (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                  Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

pipsxlch
                  Participant

Wow- everybody be safe and warm, and glad to hear from you Ku and that the move has gone well!

We’re getting the tail of the front, but nowhere near as extreme as you got Mimi- went from upper 80s last week/yesterday to mid 60s today. Bouncing back up in a couple days though. And no precipitation from it.

Bodine
                    Participant

Y’all be safe.That snow is coming down.
                      Hope you don’t lose any flowers Pip.

Bodine
                      Participant

Queen Azura has the right idea😍

20220104_0805572

StormDancer
                        Participant

Send me some snow. Only in Colorado do you get a 7 day storm that’s supposed to bring snow and end up with wildfires instead. I feel horrible for all those who lost their homes, for any reason.
                          Much of the state did get some, but somehow I live in a 15 mile area that doesn’t get much moisture.

Looking for:
                          "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Bodine
                          Participant

I am so sorry about the fires.I hadn’t heard about them.Bless your hearts.Be safe and good luck.

Pegasi1978
                            Participant

Snow flurries throughout most of Alabama today, even down in Opp where I am. Nothing stuck and I didn’t actually see the flurries, but my husband did. Brrr! Hope everyone stays warm.

Bodine
                              Participant

How is everyone doing out there?We are all over the place during the days but drops to low 20’s at night.We had snow one day and shot up to 72° the next day.Mother Nature is playing with us this winter season.😀

Bodine
                                Participant

We dodged an icy rain storm but it turned into a doozy of a storm for our friends a little north of me.Y’all stay safe and warm,if possible,out there.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 300 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.