fbpx

Kaytanas PYO's – New Dragon! Finished! Pg 7

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Kaytanas PYO's – New Dragon! Finished! Pg 7

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 199 total)
  • Author
    Ann

He’s awesome!

KaytanaPhoenix
      Participant

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the kind words πŸ™‚ I had a lot of fun painting this one! πŸ™‚

Also, an offer I could not refuse has been made. So the Kirin is currently spoken for. If anyone is interested in commission pieces, please feel free to send me a message! We can talk details, prices and time frames πŸ™‚

KaytanaPhoenix
        Participant

Spent a large portion of my day working on my Hellfire again πŸ™‚ I was *stuck* with him for a long time, but today he has come together quite nicely!
          I’m hoping to have him finished tomorrow! What do you guys think of the metallic black on the scales on his neck?? I love them and hate them all at the same time, lol! I have another idea that I could do with them if people think they should be changed? It’s an easy fix too!

When he is all done he will be going up for offers πŸ™‚ I just have to relocate his red gems, lol! I managed to misplace all but one color of gems.. I have an idea where they could be, but I’m at the wrong house to go looking for them, at the worst I’ll order more, lol!

dragonmedley
          Participant

He’s gorgeous!

As for the metallic black, I’m someone who doesn’t like when the outside line of these scales is done in a color other than the scales. That being said, the metallic works extremely well with the scheme, so it looks awesome!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Falcolf
            Participant

That is one heck of a lovely looking dragon! Love him, he’s gorgeous!!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Kiya
              Participant

Oh dang, Kay….

I lurvs heem! πŸ˜€

KaytanaPhoenix
                Participant

Thanks guys! πŸ˜€

Dragonmedley: It varies on the dragon and the way it’s painted on if I’d like the outter scale painted like this.. but I think that is the part that is bothering about it.. I’m going to test run a couple other ideas.. I think I like the metallic black on those scales, I just wanna find a better way to apply it… sadly I pretty much have to do that in the daytime, cause the light in this room isn’t good enough to get a real idea of what anything looks like with it, haha

Sirithiliel
                  Participant

Can I ask how you did the magma looking cracks? It looks fantastic! I’ve had a magma dragon design that could really be possible for me using a similar strategy…was it just a fine brush? Such clean lines…

he’s awesome =)

Amy
                    Participant

Oh wow, girl. He’s totally stunning :love:

I like the metallic black personally, but I’m also curious about what your other idea is, lol.

KaytanaPhoenix
                      Participant

Can I ask how you did the magma looking cracks? It looks fantastic! I’ve had a magma dragon design that could really be possible for me using a similar strategy…was it just a fine brush? Such clean lines…

he’s awesome =)

Thanks!
                        Fine brush and a steady hand was pretty much the big trick XD lol… oh, and patience! lots of patience, haha

KaytanaPhoenix
                        Participant

Oh wow, girl. He’s totally stunning :love:

I like the metallic black personally, but I’m also curious about what your other idea is, lol.

I may do one side in one idea and the other side in the other idea and make up my mind from there, lol! I wish I could easily duplicate the looks in Photoshop, but alas, not so easy with this particular one, lol

Adaneth
                          Participant

It looks simply fabulous to me–love the ‘bone’ effect in particular! πŸ™‚

bayoudragon
                            Participant

I LOVE the metallic look! Sometimes rock has a sheen to it. He’s stunning! πŸ™‚

KaytanaPhoenix
                              Participant

Here is the tweak on the neck scales.. I like these a lot more! look more “complete” than the other way… he’s gettin there, admittedly, slower than I expected but no need to rush on him πŸ™‚

That is looking awesome, I can’t want to see him with his sealer on, when everything can really show. He is beautiful, I just love the details in the cracked scales, the horns & toes, & the bright magma showing through here & there on the body. Can’t wait to see him finished!

Kyrin

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 199 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.