fbpx

IP Hippocampus 1/12—MandBsMom PYO

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone IP Hippocampus 1/12—MandBsMom PYO

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    MandBsMom
    Participant

And here my finished kitty griffin as a peregrine. He is sealed in a glossy finish right now, but I’m thinking I’m going to change it to satin or matte. He has lighter grey dry brushed over the paynes grey fur. His chain is pearly. He is also for sale. I really like him and he is the first PYO that I’ve done that was painted in a more natural scheme.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

MandBsMom
      Participant

So, after a long break of not doing anything with my PYOs, I started up again the last couple days. I touched up the keeper, added some gloss layers, and then started the antiquing this evening. I am SO tickled about how good it looks; I want to do a happy dance/wiggle. It looks so much better. You can tell the difference since I’ve only antiqued the top half and the wings. The bottom half and hind legs have not been done. As much as I like him, I think I’m going to have to offer him for sale so I can justify getting another PYO. I’m by no means a pro, so I’m not sure what I should ask for it. PM me if you are interested! Sorry! I just realized I forgot to out the eyes in.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

MandBsMom
        Participant

Here’s my next in-progress before the March Swap starts. So far, it’s just one shade of purple with Pearl Ex added. Just differing mixes with and without retarder. I also did interference purple on the horns and the center scales, but it’s hard to tell without sunlight. He’s obviously not done. Needs more layers and shading. I plan on making the paws/legs darker. The wings are just white pearl. Sorry for the creepy ‘No Eyes’ look.

Ela_Hara
          Participant

Lookin’ Goooood! πŸ™‚
            Purple is my favorite color too!
            Lovin’ the simplicity of the purple shades and the pearly white!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Falcolf
            Participant

Lovin’ the amethyst tones, I’ve thought of doing a purple scheme once or twice. πŸ˜€ Looking awesome so far!

Check out my finished artwork at http://falcolf.deviantart.com/ and my sketch/studio blog at http://rosannapbrost.tumblr.com/

Excellent!

Amstaff
              Participant

Purple seems popular lately, lol! I did my last PYO, a Griffin, with a lot of purples πŸ™‚

Loving your shading and the pearly wings are awesome to πŸ™‚

MandBsMom
                Participant

So I hadn’t touched this guy for three months. i finally finished antiquing him last night. I touchd up some spots today, sealed him and added the amethyst jewel and eyes. The eyes are by dreamingtree and fit his paint job perfectly! He also has interference purple on some of the purple scales. He’s being offered for $150. I tried making a sales ad for him but his photos are too big to upload on there. I might just have to link them.

Prezaurian
                  Participant

Congratulations on finally finishing him! He turned out quite nicely. If I may ask, did you antique him in darker blue?

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Beautiful Keeper! And those gorgeous pinkish eyes ARE Perfect! Great Job! πŸ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Kim
                      Blocked

Very nice keeper. Are the horns and claws white?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

MandBsMom
                        Participant

Thanks guys! And yes, he was antiqued in a dark blue. The claws were originally black, but I painted white pearl over them. Kinda gives them a silver look to the claws. The horns were never painted with black, just white pearl only.

pegasus4240
                          Participant

Very lovely dragon. I also think the eyes are perfect.

-- Angie

Amstaff
                            Participant

Gorgeous colors ! You did an awesome job on him πŸ™‚

I also love the eyes, did they come from Windstone?

Anna
                              Participant

They look great. Love the blues!

What did you use for antiquing?

MandBsMom
                                Participant

Thanks! I used a 1:1 ratio of a darker blue and antiquing medium from Amazon. I know others use paint and retarder together.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.