IP Hippocampus 1/12—MandBsMom PYO

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone IP Hippocampus 1/12—MandBsMom PYO

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    MandBsMom
    Participant

Here is my second PYO. He’s not quite done. I didn’t really want the parts to turn out so pink. I wanted it more red. So I might do a layer of red over it to darken it up. After that, I will probably antique the blue areas and the wings. This guy took FOREVER just to get the first layer on. Gosh, these photos are SO washed out. His main body color is cerulean blue, and the other large accent scales have turquoise and dark purple.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

MandBsMom
      Participant

Here’s my third. He’s not as far along. I did dry brushing on the fur/hair parts. That is done. I wish the photos would show it more. I want to do more shading on the face and more needs to be done on the scales. Can you tell I like blue? 😉 I’m thinking of doing a Kitty Griffin next or a fancy Kirin. I really like the Kirin sculpt now that I’ve painted one.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

etruscan
        Participant

Oh gee … are any of your pieces blue? I didn’t notice. 😉 Very nice work on all of them.

Kim
          Blocked

I like your big dragon with the pink and purple accents as those are my favourite colours! Very nice!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Mercury Star
            Participant

You are just skipping along, they look very nice! And there is nothing wrong with them all being blue, paint what you like. 🙂

Lauren
              Participant

Wow! You’re getting these done so quickly. Go you! I love the blues you’re working with, they speak to my soul. (I color in general, and the brighter the better, but blue most especially…) The dragon with the magenta wings also reminds me of Lisa Frank! Ah, my childhood. Good job! Looking forward to seeing more. 🙂

Prezaurian
                Participant

Lovely work! I’m rather fond of your Keeper. The different shades of blue on his larger leg scales are a nice touch. I like the purples and pinks too. Very clean looking and nice eye color choice!

dragonmedley
                  Participant

You’re on a roll!!!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

MandBsMom
                    Participant

Here’s my next guy that I started. I’m totally going away from fantasy colors and trying out something different. This kitty griff’s paint job is inspired by the peregrine falcon. We’ve got a pair around here that showed up this winter. Very early/In progress pics here.

Amstaff
                      Participant

Your keeper dragon is very pretty, the colors go so nicely together! And yeah, the antiquing is really bringing him to life.

The Kitty griff is coming along well, Im looking forward to seeing more pics as you progress 🙂

MandBsMom
                        Participant

More progress shots of the peregrine/kitty griff! I still have to do the chain, and I’m going to dry brush the dark fur/feathers with the lighter grey. I popped the eyes in to see how he would look. The two different colors on the inside of the feathers is totally what a peregrine’s wings look like!

SilverDragon
                          Participant

Aww the griffin looks cute 🙂

Author of “Moonlight Walkers” book and artist for the Trail of Painted Ponies Co.
                            Follow for updates: twitter.com/cmooreauthor

Ela_Hara
                            Participant

Lookin’ Cutie! 🙂

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                              Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                              Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                              *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Prezaurian
                              Participant

So cute! Love the little orange-brown feet!

MandBsMom
                                Participant

Here’s my kirin all done. It’s hard to see the dry brushing well in these photos, but it makes the hair/fur look really good. He is for sale.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 85 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.