IP Hippocampus 1/12—MandBsMom PYO

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone IP Hippocampus 1/12—MandBsMom PYO

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Prezaurian
    Participant

Looking good. I like his gray little nose. XD What color eyes and gem did you choose if I may ask?

MandBsMom
      Participant

I picked metallic teal and the blue zircon stone. Now I’m thinking a purplish red might have made a better contrast. Maybe I’ll just have to order another before he is totally done!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Prezaurian
        Participant

Well those colors will definitely match! I think it’ll be pretty harmonious. But I guess it depends on the effect you’re going for. Pop or blend. Either way, I think this guy will be interesting.

MandBsMom
          Participant

Added another layer of turquoise and more of the blue accents. Needs more grey still.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

etruscan
            Participant

He is looking very nice. 🙂

LadyFirebird
              Participant

You are coming right along with this. Looks good–can’t wait to see the finished piece.

MandBsMom
                Participant

I added another layer of every color. It still needs more grey and one or two more layers on the horns/claws. I’m going to add interference blue to the backbone scales and tip those with a metallic champagne color. I popped the eyes in this time to see how it looked. I’m getting excited about finishing this guy!

Natasha
                  Participant

Wow! He’s a lovely little fella! Well done!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                    ANY Red Eyed Unis
                    ANY Test Paint Bat
                    UNIS:
                    The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                    Male- Snow Leopard TP
                    White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                    Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                    Mother: Okapi
                    Gothic - Mahogany
                    PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                    DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Kim
                    Blocked

The colours are really nice! Good job!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Celestial Rainstorm
                      Participant

What a lovely little fella! The colors are gorgeous!

Finding happiness again.

MandBsMom
                        Participant

Alright. Here he is, with two coats of gloss. I’m a little nervous about the antiquing. I don’t want to ruin him. I’m really happy with him at this point. But I wonder just how much better he will look with antiquing. Any pointers?

Ela_Hara
                          Participant

Alright. Here he is, with two coats of gloss. I’m a little nervous about the antiquing. I don’t want to ruin him. I’m really happy with him at this point. But I wonder just how much better he will look with antiquing. Any pointers?

Here’s a really nice Antiquing YouTube vid by a forum member that may be helpful for you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ4SDQdJcFw

Good Luck!
                            Your Dragon’s looking really nice so far, and as long as you spray it before trying to antique it, you won’t mess up what you have done so far. 🙂

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Stormbreeze
                            Participant

He’s lovely! I think he looks great as is, or with lighter antiquing.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Kim
                              Blocked

If you did some dark blue antiquing over teal colour it might make it stand out a bit more. All you do is thin the darker colour, brush it all over the places you want antiquing, leave it a couple minutes to stick on and then wipe downwards with a damp cloth to wipe off as much as you don’t want left on. If you don’t like it, you can wipe it all off and if it isn’t enough you can do another layer until it looks right.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

MandBsMom
                                Participant

Here he is! All done. I went ahead and did the antiquing. I don’t seem to have much patience for it. I want to start wiping it off right away! I do like how he turned out though. Sorry for the crappy photos. I need a photo studio!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 85 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.