fbpx

How was your visit to the factory

Home Forums Miscellany Community How was your visit to the factory

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 223 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

Pegasi1978
      Participant

I’ve noticed in a few posts in a couple other threads that you got to go to the factory. I was curious how it went? See anything extra special?

Maria
        Participant

Ah, this makes it easy. Thank you, pegasi.
          It was great.I got to meet John – he was out in the parking lot when we drove in – and Chessie and Melody and Griffin came out of hiding after a while too. Karen was there, and Susie with my curlie and Poad, and Olimpia was hard at work on black gold curlies. I met Tom and had one of his brownies – yum – and various other members of the staff. All highly skilled people.
          The factory is too cool. There are paint samples and chipped pieces sitting everywhere. Susie took decapitated heads, put them on paper plaques and hung them next to her workplace. Everybody has Windstones in their work area.
          Some of the first things to catch my attention were rainbows – a hornless rainbow lap, a rainbow Spectral, and a rainbow scratcher. We need to squeak for those. They just gorgeous! I was considering begging for the Spectral, and I still may. But the color is bright in some places. I need to think about it. Those pieces are all stuffed in nooks and crannies and just getting dusty, poor things.
          And then there’s the actual production area with the OW rack. I promise I’ll get the pictures up. I’m still working on it. But there was a rack of Red Gold Spectrals, three Red Gold SKs, a Spring Gold SK, a Spring Gold Riser, two Cinnamon SKs, a Cinnamon Riser, various colorings of mermaids and kirins, little flapcat test paints, the racks of drying Poads, an Appaloosa rearing Pegsus, and Melody was painting more Birmans.
          Melody’s workplace is awesome. She has all the Poads in there, a bay Grand Uni, a gorgeous brown barred-wing female griffin, muses and a BEP fledgie in there, among other things. There was a gargoyle that I fell in love with but they only have one and didn’t want to give it to me. I got to see Nam’s Labradorite family, a Silver OW, the VF OWs, and the BVPs. After seeing the BVPs in person I’m not sure I actuall want one. They’re much too similar to my BEP. I dunno. I guess it depends on the price.
          Anyway, you get the idea. We went out to tea while Melody was painting the Birmans, and then everybody went to a Chinese restaurant for supper. It was a great day. Pics to follow.

Pegasi1978
          Participant

You’re welcome GB! Cinnamon colored Windstones? Oh I bet those are ptetty! Sounds like you got to see lots of pretties. I wish I could go to the factory some time and see it all for myself.

I homed in on that too… cinnamon? πŸ™‚ Holding my breath for pics….
            (gasp, breathe)
            and a rack of red gold spectrals? Dare I hope I can afford one red gold dragon?
            I so want to go to the factory…

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Ah, this makes it easy. Thank you, pegasi.
            It was great.I got to meet John – he was out in the parking lot when we drove in – and Chessie and Melody and Griffin came out of hiding after a while too. Karen was there, and Susie with my curlie and Poad, and Olimpia was hard at work on black gold curlies. I met Tom and had one of his brownies – yum – and various other members of the staff. All highly skilled people.
            The factory is too cool. There are paint samples and chipped pieces sitting everywhere. Susie took decapitated heads, put them on paper plaques and hung them next to her workplace. Everybody has Windstones in their work area.
            Some of the first things to catch my attention were rainbows – a hornless rainbow lap, a rainbow Spectral, and a rainbow scratcher. We need to squeak for those. They just gorgeous! I was considering begging for the Spectral, and I still may. But the color is bright in some places. I need to think about it. Those pieces are all stuffed in nooks and crannies and just getting dusty, poor things.
            And then there’s the actual production area with the OW rack. I promise I’ll get the pictures up. I’m still working on it. But there was a rack of Red Gold Spectrals, three Red Gold SKs, a Spring Gold SK, a Spring Gold Riser, two Cinnamon SKs, a Cinnamon Riser, various colorings of mermaids and kirins, little flapcat test paints, the racks of drying Poads, an Appaloosa rearing Pegsus, and Melody was painting more Birmans.
            Melody’s workplace is awesome. She has all the Poads in there, a bay Grand Uni, a gorgeous brown barred-wing female griffin, muses and a BEP fledgie in there, among other things. There was a gargoyle that I fell in love with but they only have one and didn’t want to give it to me. I got to see Nam’s Labradorite family, a Silver OW, the VF OWs, and the BVPs. After seeing the BVPs in person I’m not sure I actuall want one. They’re much too similar to my BEP. I dunno. I guess it depends on the price.
            Anyway, you get the idea. We went out to tea while Melody was painting the Birmans, and then everybody went to a Chinese restaurant for supper. It was a great day. Pics to follow.

Wow, rainbow laps and other stuff. And all the SKs that you saw…so not fair… 😈 If you saw more than 1 VF OW, does that mean they are going to be production? And more Birmans are cool. Was the Rainbow spectral your favorite?

frozendragon
            Participant

sounds like more stuff than when I was there….

I think I need to go back again….

I still haven’t posted all the pictures I got….

never have time to edit them…

Aw, no need to edit them….just post them. πŸ˜†

Maria
              Participant

It turns out I took fewer pictures than I expected. I’m sorry. I’ll get the rest when we go down again, promise. But for starters:
                I love this shot. The Spectral is taking on two big ladies.

Here’s the Cinnamon Princess. If this babe ever hits E-Bay, I’m so after her.

Other pics are here.
                And black gold coiled mamas are in the works.

frozendragon
                Participant

dragonessjade wrote:

Aw, no need to edit them….just post them. πŸ˜†

well Melody wants them to all have “copyright windstone” on them

but adjusting the size to fit the page is important too….don’t want to clog up the whole forum

Pegasi1978
                  Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Here’s the Cinnamon Princess. If this babe ever hits E-Bay, I’m so after her.

πŸ˜• I’d call her “champagne” before i’d call her “cinnamon”. “Cinnamon” I would picture as similar to the red gold, but with more brown than gold. You won’t have any competition from me on her.

frozendragon
                    Participant

oh…that’s the one she’s calling cinnamon….I have a pic of that one…and of a scratcher…

but you’ll have competition from me on that one…LOL

Maria
                      Participant

Copyright? Shoot. I can’t do that very well.

Purplecat
                        Participant

OMG! Beautiful! Was that ow a red-gold? WOW!

frozendragon
                          Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Copyright? Shoot. I can’t do that very well.

I just typed it on the picture….

but I had to take it to a photo editing program to do it….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 223 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.