How do you like your eggs?

Home Forums Miscellany Food How do you like your eggs?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    siberakh1
    Participant

The scotch eggs sound interesting, except for the sausage… I’m not familiar with that type of sausage. I loved the sausages I had in Austria and the Czech Republic, but I hate most of the sausages here in the states, like the Italian sausages… I think it’s the fennel. :puke: Boiled bratwurst is good though.

siberakh1 wrote:

The scotch eggs sound interesting, except for the sausage… I’m not familiar with that type of sausage. I loved the sausages I had in Austria and the Czech Republic, but I hate most of the sausages here in the states, like the Italian sausages… I think it’s the fennel. :puke: Boiled bratwurst is good though.

Bratwurst-type sausage is what I’d suggest. If all you have is cased, you’d need to strip and mash them up. I mean strip the sausages…

In the US (yes I know you are in the US) you can buy “breakfast sausage” that comes in plastic tubes that normally you make into patties and fry up. This will work OK if you like that kind of thing, but the additional spices used in breakfast sausage are a bit overpowering.

Anyway, you should use whatever ground up sausage-like substance you find palatable. I’m a Bratwurst kind of guy myself, since that’s the closest to British sausages I’ve managed to find over here.

Randi
      Participant

I like my eggs several ways…scrambled with tomatoes, mushrooms and green peppers. Eggs Florintine (not sure if spelled right) and over easy or medium all depending all where I am ordering from. Oh and soft boiled yummy…with toast to dip.

Dragon87 wrote:

I love the yolk myself. My favorite way? SOOO hard to choose! I just love eggs any way!

Having said that… I’ll have to go with sunny side up, soft yolk, with a little bit of salt and pepper, and then eat the yolk using buttered toast! :yum: :yum: :yum:
        Hmmm…I love over super easy (Just enough to make the top white over the yolk) and a piece of buttered toast to dunk! But I love poached, scrambled with a touch of milk, and all time favorite is a big old honking ham-n-cheese omelet! :yum: I’m soooo hungry now! :shout:

Bodine
        Participant

We like our eggs the same way WC.
          Not exploded like Dragons4life’s dad XD XD That was too funny D4L XD

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
          (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
          Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

megamibabe16
          Participant

Fried, sunny-side-up with soy sauce and garlic powder.

bodine6127 wrote:

We like our eggs the same way WC.
            Not exploded like Dragons4life’s dad XD XD That was too funny D4L XD

Ugh! My grampa liked Fried egg sandwiches…Gramma always complained the house smelled like burnt farts in the afternoon though. XD

Eggs are one of my favorite foods; I like them almost any way I’ve had them including Japanese style on rice. (Raw egg split over freshly cooked rice, with the egg becoming slightly cooked by the heat.)
            I have to say that my favorite preparation is eggs in a basket/eggs in a frame/etc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_in_the_basket

Maria
            Participant

Yum, Miraeko! What a neat way to fix eggs; I’m going to try that.

Bodine
              Participant

With DRAGONS in them!! 😆

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

siberakh1
                Participant

Miraeko wrote:

Eggs are one of my favorite foods; I like them almost any way I’ve had them including Japanese style on rice. (Raw egg split over freshly cooked rice, with the egg becoming slightly cooked by the heat.)
                  I have to say that my favorite preparation is eggs in a basket/eggs in a frame/etc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_in_the_basket

That’s how my friend Heather cooked them for us at a monastery we were staying at (religious studies course) one morning! I’ve done it a few times before with a heartier toast, like wheat. Very yum! :yum: Great in college when you have a stove in the lounge, but you can’t have a toaster and want both and have limited burner space with others cooking too. 🙂

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Yum, Miraeko! What a neat way to fix eggs; I’m going to try that.

They’re quite tasty! I hope you enjoy them. :}

siberakh1, they were indeed great for college. Makes a quick meal without the need for many utensils; it’s also nice if you like to dip toast in egg yolk. My grandmother made them for me when I was little, so they’re one of the first things I ever learned to cook.

Hmmm, let’s see. I enjoy eggs scrambled, sunny side down, hard-boiled, or prepared as omelets. Mushroom Swiss cheese omelets and aged white cheddar spinach omelets are my favorites. I preferred egg whites as a child, but I now I love the yolks. I still discard every other yolk when I make egg salad though. (I feel that it makes it more palatable) Personally, I find real sausage to be a bit heavy in the morning; Whole Foods brand soy sausage is remarkably good and perfect for breakfast if you have trouble with grease. I miss eating egg drop soup; I had to stop because I found that the MSG made me dizzy. Sometimes for a bit of variety, instead of ordering hash browns with my eggs at the local diner, I ask for sweet potato fries. Yum! I think that a frittata makes an excellent dinner; does anyone here like quiche? Thanks for the suggestion Miraeko, I’m definitely going to try eggs in a basket.

My favorite “egg” recipe is from Thailand via the Oregon State Bee Lab. In Southeast Asia about 20% of the diet is insect-based.

Take one or two frame of freshly removed from a hive that are all bee larve. Cut the comb from the frame and wrap the comb in cheese cloth. Crush the comb in the cheese cloth and squeeze all that you can from the comb into a bowl.

Put the liquid into a egg pan and cook like scrambled eggs (which is prety much what it is). The resulting “scrambled eggs” taste like eggs with a hint of Hazelnuts – VERY TASTY.

OOFFY
                  Monmouth, Or

Carolyn
                  Participant

Fried Egg sandwich . Sunny Side Up with buttered toast . The yoke is best . Scrambled is good .

Ok hungry now .

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.