fbpx

Holiday Ornament Swap- PLEASE MAIL BY DECEMBER 8TH :)

Home Forums Miscellany Community Holiday Ornament Swap- PLEASE MAIL BY DECEMBER 8TH :)

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    Skeeterdeee
    Participant

Ok, all my holiday work is done so I have a little time to myself! Finally, YAY!! Foxfeather sent me the most wonderful little package and I wanted to share some pics!
      In the letter she wrote: “My grandmother always called the cold winter winds that howled out of the north “Wolf Winds”…….they are howling like lonely wolves through the trees, whip the snow up into dancing swirls and sculpt the drifts into fanciful shapes.” The words in her letter are just as beautiful as the ornament! She drew a wonderful little wolf causing swirly, sparkly winds (on a shatter-proof ball so my little ones can’t destroy it! YAY!!). I hope my photos clearly show her design. (There were some candies in the box too, but someone ate them! 😳 )

THANK YOU FOXFEATHER!! It will be treasured for years to come!!

Elena
      Participant

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
        I hope it was you that got the candies (I had a hard time putting them in the box 😳 ) and I’m so glad you like it!

If anyone is interested, here’s the full story behind the ornament
        “My grandmother always called the cold winter winds that howled out of the north β€œWolf Winds”. These winds sometimes bring snow, sometimes ice crystals, but generally howl down from the arctic and cause the temperature to drop into the minus 20’s and 30’s, rattles awnings shutters and doors, sound like they are howling like lonely wolves through the trees, whip the snow up into dancing swirls and sculpt the drifts into fanciful shapes.”

siberakh1
        Participant

That wolf winds ornament is neat! I like it! πŸ˜€

Skeeterdeee
          Participant

foxfeather wrote:

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€
            I hope it was you that got the candies (I had a hard time putting them in the box 😳 ) and I’m so glad you like it!

If anyone is interested, here’s the full story behind the ornament
            “My grandmother always called the cold winter winds that howled out of the north β€œWolf Winds”. These winds sometimes bring snow, sometimes ice crystals, but generally howl down from the arctic and cause the temperature to drop into the minus 20’s and 30’s, rattles awnings shutters and doors, sound like they are howling like lonely wolves through the trees, whip the snow up into dancing swirls and sculpt the drifts into fanciful shapes.”
            I wanted to share the whole letter, but I didn’t know if you would be upset if I quoted the whole thing πŸ˜€ Those chocolates that were in the box, I’ve never had before- they were DIVINE!! I had to stop myself before I ate them all :yum: I saved some for my boys, but I won’t share the Werther’s! πŸ˜†

Patricia
            Participant

Leigha wrote:

Got my Ornament today ^^!!

They are from Keplily!

She made the cutest little dragons ^^ One is sitting in an ornament to hang on a tree (though I don’t have a tree this year so he’s on my shelf with my keepers) and the other is a magnet!

So cute Keplily, thank you so much! ^^

Oh, and the stationary she used to send me a note has the cooooooooolest dragons on them O.O I didn’t get a pic, maybe when I get home tonight πŸ˜€

I’m so glad they made it ok! And I’m glad you like them! I got mine from pip…(can’t remember how to spell it…sorry :scratch: ) but she sent me 2 wonderful dragon ornaments! I will try to get pics later.

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Skeeterdeee
              Participant

I’m so glad you got it, keplilly! I know Pip was starting to worry about it getting lost, I PMed her a couple days ago but it’s gone unread-I hope she’s okay.
                I took a “head count” and everyone appears to have gotten their goodies! If I’m wrong let me know!
                Did everyone have a good time? Shall we try it again next year? (starting earlier, though)

Laurie
                Participant

And your point is??? I had a great time and I wasn’t even in it. Well done Skeet. 8) πŸ˜‰

Skeeterdeee
                  Participant

Thanks, Laurie! πŸ˜€

Hannah
                    Participant

Wow Foxfeather! That’s some awesome work on the ornament, just beautiful!

And for the record (though I may have already said it) I’d definitely join up on this one next year πŸ˜€

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
                      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

I had a blast, and am definitely in for next year.

etruscan
                      Participant

Definitely would like to do it again. Thanks for coordinating things this year! πŸ™‚

Elena
                        Participant

Definitely in for next year!

machineguts
                          Participant

So gorgeous!!

pipsxlch
                            Participant

Oh! I’m glad they got there, I’ve been worried. I hope you liked them, yours are cuter. 😳

Patricia
                              Participant

skeeterdeee wrote:

I’m so glad you got it, keplilly! I know Pip was starting to worry about it getting lost, I PMed her a couple days ago but it’s gone unread-I hope she’s okay.
                                I took a “head count” and everyone appears to have gotten their goodies! If I’m wrong let me know!
                                Did everyone have a good time? Shall we try it again next year? (starting earlier, though)

Sorry, I had gotten it sooner but life has been especially hectic lately.

pipsxlch wrote:

Oh! I’m glad they got there, I’ve been worried. I hope you liked them, yours are cuter. 😳

I’m sorry I worried you. I love the ornaments they have been on my tree since the day they arrived. Once I find out where my camara got hidden in the holiday crush I’m going to get a pic of them and post it.

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 92 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.