fbpx

Heart and Gut wrenching

Home Forums Miscellany Community Heart and Gut wrenching

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
  • Author

Ok, the other night a “stray” cat (I’ll get to the quote part in a moment) showed up on my door step. He smelled like rotting meat, is stick thin and his skin is hanging on him. He looks to have had an eye put out, and is blind in it anyway now although the orb itself is still there. Half of his teeth are missing. He has diarreha so aweful it looks painful (And smells like its straight from hell itself). He looks like he swallowed a softball all the time. He eats as much as he can. He had a mat on his back that was the size of my palm that Scott cut off for him, but it left him bald there. He cries to be pet, and follows everyone around that comes over. He loves attention.
    Now the sad (Quote) part, he is my neighbor’s cat. He once was a soft and fluffy sweet and playful cat who loved children and they loved him back. Now the boy won’t hardly look at him. You see he peed on the Mom’s shoes and she kicked him out in the middle of winter, and he never knew what it was like to be outside for more than a few minutes…The other cats outside chewed his ear tips up so bad, he is raggedy looking. He couldn’t get to the food because the other cats would chase him off or attack him. Rather than spend time outside with him, where it was cold (Not that he could feel that too, as far as their little minds knew.) and make sure he ate, they let him fin for himself. Obviously, he wasn’t very good at it. These are the people who make me want to hang them from a tall branch with a very short rope. 👿
    He is gaining strength with each day, he still looks like he has a cold, and he is aweful weak and thin still, but he can shake his head and not fall over now, which I take as a god sign.
    I will post a pic of him or two soon jsut to let you know how cruel some people can be to one of God’s creatures…They may not think like us, but they have feelings too! 😡
    I thought I have had a bad few months lately, but this tiny raggedy creature, has taught me humility in a way I never knew I could learn. Just when I thought I had it bad, God saw fit to send Popcorn (That was/is his name.) to me to teach me, that somethings aren’t so bad.

Here is to the raggedy angels God sends us! <3

Katherine
    Participant

Awww…Poor Popcorn. 😥 I am so glad he is with you to get better. *hugs Popcorn*

Lokie
      Participant

It’s disturbing how anyone could treat his or her pet that way. What the hell is wrong with people? And from the mother’s action, not only does the cat suffer, the son is learning through example that animals are disposable. Hopefully he doesn’t have his mother’s attitude when he grows up.

My brother and sister in-law have no desire to have pets, but because I feel they enrich my life so much, I’ve been trying to expose my little nephew to animals every chance I get, on “field trips” as well as my home. It brings a smile to his face to have the rabbit on his lap, or to pet the rats, and he likes lying on the floor and watching the chinchilla run around in his ball. And I try to teach him about care, handling, and respecting animals through my pets. And then when reading about the example set by your neighbors to their son, I’m reminded that some people just don’t care what they demonstrate to their children about animals, which means future pets are going to suffer, and I feel deeply saddened and disgusted. And angry. So very angry. If you need another hand with that rope…. 👿

I’m just glad that popcorn is in your care now. And I’m sure he’s really glad too.

Duld
        Participant

are you going to take him in completely??

BDW
          Participant

Man people are stupid! Don’t they know better then to put an indoor cat outside and leave him to fend for himself from now on?
            Might as well put a 4 year old child in the street…same difference. 😡 👿
            I am glad that he is with you and that you are taking care of him. 🙂

Azurielle
            Participant

I will never, never understand people, and how they can be so heartless and cruel. My coworkers laugh at me because I’m always taking in strays, and finding them homes, or people who can take care them when I can’t, but I swear I just can’t abandon them the way their owners did. I hope that Popcorn is doing better in your care. The poor baby…How can people take in an animal, love them, and then just dump them? I don’t understand…

Keeper of the Fledgings

Setsunawolf
              Participant

People make me tired. I’m glad you took this baby in and will make it better for him. I see more animals who have been poorly treated by people who simply do not care. Sometimes I’d like to give up and then I get a poor abused waif in who is so grateful. That is the real reason we, people who care, can’t just give up. Although hanging the bad ones might not be a bad solution….we do have an overpopulation problem with the human species. :yes: 😉

Thank you for caring enough to help. I”m sure popcorn feels that way but he can’t say it so I’ll say it for him.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                Sun Dragon Koi #3

PurpleTurtle
                Participant

Poor kitty! People never surprise me in what they do. They could get in trouble for doing that with the law – animal crulety and willfull neglect. I like to see them thrown out in the middle of winter with no food or shelter and see how they would like it 😡 !!! But thankfully, little Popcorn found you and he’s finally in loving hands now and in truth that’s the important thing. It’s heart wenching to think he’s such a lovey-dovey with people still, considering it’s people who put him in that aweful predicament in the first place.

drag0nfeathers
                  Participant

That’ awful! Some people need to get a severe BEATDOWN for treating animals that way… 👿 I’m glad you are watching after him.

Got a busted Windstone?
                    drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                    *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                    Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                    Siphlophis Male Dragon
                    Calypso Hatching Empress
                    Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                    Tattoo Mother Kirin
                    Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                    Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                    Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                    Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                    Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                    Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Pegasi1978
                    Participant

That just burns me up. I would report the family for animal cruelty for what they did to Popcorn. They don’t deserve the right to have pets.

twindragonsmum
                      Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

That just burns me up. I would report the family for animal cruelty for what they did to Popcorn. They don’t deserve the right to have pets.

Same here 👿 I’m sooooo glad you have Popcorn and that he is getting better. Lot’s of ‘high fives’ for your good work and good heart and lots of belly rubs and kitty kisses for Popcorn from the twin dragons (and their mum)

twindragonsmum

tdm

darjeb
                        Participant

pegasi1978 wrote:

I agree I can’t understand how people can treat any animal like that especially their own pet they should be strung up to the nearest tree for the winter

Oh that’s terrible, why do some people have pets at all?? @_@

Skigod377
                          Participant

Um, did you call the ASPCA on them or anything so that this family can be punished and hopefully be kept from owning animals again? I love that you took the cat in and are taking care of it, but that is only just a band aid for the problem. The folks who did this need to be fixed, too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 67 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.