fbpx

Heart and Gut wrenching

Home Forums Miscellany Community Heart and Gut wrenching

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Jasmine
    Participant

πŸ˜₯ Why do people do this? I can’t understand it…

Bob

pegasi1978 wrote:

That just burns me up. I would report the family for animal cruelty for what they did to Popcorn. They don’t deserve the right to have pets.

My thoughts EXACTLY

lamortefille
        Participant

I think you’re an angel, WC. I’m sure Popcorn does, too. πŸ˜€

BDW
          Participant

I just had a thought…. they better not ask for the cat back after you bring it back to health. 😑 I seen that happen before. πŸ‘Ώ

Melissa
            Participant

Blackdesertwind wrote:

I just had a thought…. they better not ask for the cat back after you bring it back to health. 😑 I seen that happen before. πŸ‘Ώ

If that happens, she could mention needing compensation for boarding and vet bills. 95% odds are, they’d scurry away whimpering and clutching their pocket book. πŸ‘Ώ

Or there’s the simpler route of telling them to take a long walk off a short pier…

Horrible thoughtless people…

I think they should be reported for what was done to that cat. It’s not just cruel, it’s illegal. If they ask for the cat back, just say no. They don’t care enough about their cat to keep him, they probably won’t argue with you much, either. 😑

Or I’ll help you with that rope. πŸ‘Ώ

I don’t know how people can treat their animals in such a fashion. Animals feel pain too.

I bet Popcorn is grateful to you! *hugs and snuggles for Popcorn*

Bob

these people need to be shot AFTER they get treated the same way

Skigod377
                Participant

I hope they would not have the audacity to ask for the cat back, but since they treated the cat like that in the first place, I wouldnt put it past them. Jerks. WSC, you’re a lifesaver and possesion is 9/10ths of the law. Maybe you can get her microchipped in your name and then there would be no argument. I wanna put a bear trap on their toilet seat. πŸ‘Ώ

Sbianchi
                  Participant

I feel so bad for popcorn that he had to go through all that, but now he has a good home
                    with people that are very kind and have very good hearts and I also would help with the
                    rope! πŸ˜€

Jennifer
                    Keymaster

Blackdesertwind wrote:

I am depressed to say that I know that this happens too often, and can really ruin people’s and animal’s lives when it ends up in court.

A family surrendered a badly abused lost cockatiel to me once, pretty much confessing the abuse and confessing that they couldn’t and wouldn’t take care of it, and had the nerve to come back later that day and demand it back. I didn’t give it back, but thank goodness they only left in a huff instead of trying to fight it!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                      My art: featherdust.com

Starbreeze
                      Participant

WSC, could we please have a new update on the poor kitty? It really breaks my heart to see helpless animals treated like this. πŸ™

BDW
                        Participant

yes I want to know too πŸ™

Bob

and pictures!! I’d LOVE to see his progress

I was really sick this weekend when I had plans to get out and photo him, plus I need to post a pic of Jake, plus I owe Bodine a bunch of pics! lol I am feeling a bit better today, and am off tomorrow when I might be able to snap a pics of everything I need to photo. *pants*
                            Popcorn is doing better, he is eating well, and putting on a little weight. But it is all slow going. πŸ™
                            No one has asked for him back. And if they do I will directly punch them in the mouth and take the beating the courts might give me in return. *still so pissed that she can’t see straight* Calling the aspca, is really not an option due to the fact, I live right across the street from them, and their son is my son’s best friend (WHich sucks). But I did ask the son of the neighbors (Who by the way is 13, and mostly on his own, has been for about 3 years now. What good parenting! *rolls eyes*) if his parents planned on getting any more pets, he said no, and I said good, that I didn’t need another basket case set on my doorstep due to his mom’s abuse. I now have 7 cats, and 2 dogs, a 125 gallon tank with a few oddballs and one ghost Koi named Casper (He is totally awesome in my eyes! and a 14 yr old son going on 25) I don’t know if I could honestly handle anymore pets at this particular time. It was much easier when I was a house mom, and then when I had a set schedule…Now, I am like a crazed lunatic to get everything done in the daylight hours I have. Thank God summer is coming and the days will be longer! πŸ™‚

Skigod377
                            Participant

WSC, you can call the humane society anonymously or take the cat in and have them investigate it, but not turning them in just means the cat gets no justice and you get all the responsibility. At least let the humane society take the burden off you and get that cat some medical treatment. Its what they are there for. Just say it was a stray.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 67 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.