fbpx

Harry Potter DH **SPOILER THREAD** DO NOT ENTER unless read!

Home Forums Miscellany Community Harry Potter DH **SPOILER THREAD** DO NOT ENTER unless read!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

Thanks for the link DantheDragon. It’s cool to get those extra tidbits. I may have to pick up the Harry Potter encyclopedia Rowling mentioned when it comes out.

Kyrin wrote:

Did Ginny and Harry end up raising Teddy Lupin, or did his grandparents? Whatever happened to the others not mentioned.

Kyrin

Kyrin Tonk’s father was killed so i guess Tonks mum teddys nan/gran what ever raised him πŸ˜€

DantheDragon wrote:

Here’s an article where Rowling talks about what careers everyone has and whatnot for those who are curious what Harry is up to aside from naming his children after dead people πŸ˜€

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/

Thanks for the link – it was fun reading more about Harry. Although it made me laugh about him being head of the department of Aurors. Can’t you just imagine the job interview:

“Well, Mr. Potter, what experience do you have?”

“I killed Lord Voldemort.”

“Oh, right, when can you start?”

And I keep picturing other people going to apply for the job and seeing Harry sitting there. “Rats, he killed Voldemort – what have I done? Captured one death eater. Guess I’ll just apparate back home.”

Griffiness wrote:

Kyrin wrote:

Did Ginny and Harry end up raising Teddy Lupin, or did his grandparents? Whatever happened to the others not mentioned.

Kyrin

Kyrin Tonk’s father was killed so i guess Tonks mum teddys nan/gran what ever raised him πŸ˜€

I’m pretty sure Harry and Ginny were too young to raise a kid at that point.

Quote:

Thanks for the link – it was fun reading more about Harry. Although it made me laugh about him being head of the department of Aurors. Can’t you just imagine the job interview:

And I keep picturing other people going to apply for the job and seeing Harry sitting there. “Rats, he killed Voldemort – what have I done? Captured one death eater. Guess I’ll just apparate back home.”

Hahaha! I’m pretty sure they didn’t need to ask, though. Probably offered him the ministry on a silver platter after all that.

Question, though. What do they need aurors for? Voldemort’s DEAD. All they’ve got left to do is catch the remaining death eaters, and that’s not much. Might take ’em a couple years. It’s definitely not the same job it was before… probably nothing more than paperwork and keeping track of the people still left out there, neh?

I imagine there will always be wizards who abuse their powers or have illusions of grandeur or want to take up where Voldemort left off. It may not happen for awhile after the final defeat of Voldemort, but considering he held the wizarding world in terror for nearly 30 years, I wouldn’t be surprised if another Voldemort wannabe popped up eventually.

Assuming that this sort of thing won’t happen again and not keeping up the wizarding police force up, would almost ensure it happening again, and worse, what if the next Voldemort learns from the first one’s mistakes?

Best to stay vigilant. Sure most of the time they will just be scaring baby bad wizards, but or just rounding up the several thousand previous Voldemort supporters. But just like our society now, there will always be criminals and murderers. So never fear, the Aurors will be busy. The upside it that with Harry’s reputation, most bad guys will give up without too much of a fight if they run up against him.

Kyrin

I didn’t think of this – I read it somewhere – but did it occur to anyone that Harry’s younger son’s initals are A.S.P.?

Plus there are still schools like Durmstrang (sp?) that do teach Dark Arts… gotta have aurors!

I read the book and liked it a lot. I was very sad when Tonks and Lupin died, they were my favorite characters beside Sirius. I felt really bad for poor Ted. πŸ™

Thankx for the link Dan, that answered a few questions.

Yes i guess there will always be the need for aurors πŸ˜•

DantheDragon
      Participant

ddvm wrote:

DantheDragon wrote:

Here’s an article where Rowling talks about what careers everyone has and whatnot for those who are curious what Harry is up to aside from naming his children after dead people πŸ˜€

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/19959323/

ROFL!!!!!!!

Barbara
        Participant

http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/full_story/1156
          The above link will take you to a webchat from this morning with JK Rowling. Good information for fans.

What happened to herms mum and dad? πŸ˜•

πŸ˜€ I have had all my questions answered and im now really happy with the book πŸ˜€ Thanx Dragon

Barbara
          Participant

Griffiness wrote:

πŸ˜€ I have had all my questions answered and im now really happy with the book πŸ˜€ Thanx Dragon

You are welcome!

Adaneth
            Participant

Dragonsrest wrote:

http://www.mugglenet.com/app/news/full_story/1156
              The above link will take you to a webchat from this morning with JK Rowling. Good information for fans.

That was a fun read–thanks for sharing it! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.