fbpx

Hang tags

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Hang tags

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Participant

emerald212 wrote:

I like and dislike the hang tags. As a seller, it’s a great place to put the price of the piece. As a collector of Young Dragons, it makes them tippy to sit on their tags, and the tags are too visible if they don’t sit on them. So I just try to flatten them as much as possible and sit the dragons on them. I don’t want to take them off because it shows they are valued and well taken care of if the tags are still attached (at least, that’s the impression I get).

That’s a great point I didn’t think of. I rather have the guey price sticker on the tag rather than on the sculp itself.

As a collector I used to rip of the tags because they got in the way. (At least on my first few pieces.) Now of course, after being on the forum I’ve learned the value of keeping the tags if you want to resell a piece. I don’t like them, to be honest. They are rather annoying. On the flip side, though, for special pieces like the OW where the tag specifically makes mention of the piece, then I can see how it is special.

Melody
      Keymaster

Arlla wrote:

Is there anyone besides me who finds the hangtags to be super annoying??? They ruin the fantasy of the piece a little bit for me…plus I’m always afraid I’m going to bend them the wrong way or something when I put a piece back down on a shelf. They irritate me! But of course I can’t bring myself to take any of them off…

The only one I kind of like is the one for the Old Warrior, because it’s got a little blurb on that particular dragon on the inside, telling us a little about the old warrior – I didn’t know he was supposed to have a kink in his tail before I read that! (I thought it was just twitched to the side a little, like a cat twitching the tip of it’s tail.) That’s kind of cool. Are there any other tags that talk about their pieces on the inside??
        Thank Beanie Babys for that! We expected everyone to yank the hangtags off soon as they got them. Now, since the collecting frenzy of Beanie Babies, with the little hangtag protecters, everyone is into saving hangtags!

Melody
        Keymaster

Greater Basilisk wrote:

The OW has a special tag? I didn’t know that! None of my pieces here have special descriptions in them, but about a third of my collection is at Wolfen’s, so I can’t speak for the rest of them.
          I don’t really mind the tags. I just always make the dragon is sitting on them so they don’t show.

We also used to insert a little descriptive paper with some pieces, such as the baby Kirin and the Hatching Galapagos tortoise. This was before the hangtags.

Melody
          Keymaster

emerald212 wrote:

I like and dislike the hang tags. As a seller, it’s a great place to put the price of the piece. As a collector of Young Dragons, it makes them tippy to sit on their tags, and the tags are too visible if they don’t sit on them. So I just try to flatten them as much as possible and sit the dragons on them. I don’t want to take them off because it shows they are valued and well taken care of if the tags are still attached (at least, that’s the impression I get).

yes , we really wanted to keep stores from putting the pricetags onto the sculpture.If you don’t like them,and don’t plan to resell the piece, yank ’em off! Just tug on them. they pull right out.

Melody
            Keymaster

skigod377 wrote:

I thought all the tags were the same. I sure never got any card with my Ki rin either. Learn something new every day!

See? you didn’t get the little paper with your Kirin. That is another reason we started attaching them to the piece.

I have to admit, I rip all my hangtags right off once I get the new family member home and admire it from every concievable angle, and rubbing fingertips over it to feel the details my eyes miss. πŸ˜€

Yeah, prolly ruins any possible resale value, but I’ve always thought of the hangtag removal as the final step in making them mine, in an odd way letting them know (yes, I know they’re not real, I’m odd, ok? -g-) they’re here forever.

drag0nfeathers
              Participant

Am I the only one who gets annoyed when I get a piece without a hang tag? I like them with a tag myself. *shrug* I’ll buy them either way though if I want it bad enough πŸ˜€

If fact, I’d like to get hang tags to put back on the ones I got without them! That would rock.

Got a busted Windstone?
                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                Calypso Hatching Empress
                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Participant

Nytetyger wrote:

I have to admit, I rip all my hangtags right off once I get the new family member home and admire it from every concievable angle, and rubbing fingertips over it to feel the details my eyes miss. πŸ˜€

Yeah, prolly ruins any possible resale value, but I’ve always thought of the hangtag removal as the final step in making them mine, in an odd way letting them know (yes, I know they’re not real, I’m odd, ok? -g-) they’re here forever.

I used to yank them off because I felt the same way. I wanted them to look at home, not like they were in a store for sale. To be honest, I’ve bought a couple of mint Windstones off ebay without the hangtag and not only did I not miss it, I was a bit relieved that is was gone, so I wouldn’t have to deal with it. (Funny, isn’t?) I might be the only one here, but when you hear about a piece still having a hang tag on ebay it usually (but of course, not always) indicates how it was taken care of. And I figure, in that way, it increases the value. But as a buyer I don’t purchase a piece because of a hang tag or not.

Participant

drag0nfeathers wrote:

If fact, I’d like to get hang tags to put back on the ones I got without them! That would rock.

I think I might have one that was detached from a piece I got a long time ago. I’ll have to see if I still have it if you’re interested. At the time I didn’t want it on the piece (it was a smaller flap cat and it stuck out), but I couldn’t bring myself to throw it away.

Skigod377
                    Participant

I dont totally understand about the value thing since some came without hang tags in the first place. Do you value one more just cuz it has a hang tag as opposed to one that was created without? Im not saying that I dont understand why. I do. I just dont think its that important as long as the piece is well taken care of. Now…why cant I bring myself to pull mine off??? πŸ˜•

Maria
                      Participant

Ditto, Ski. I pulled the tags off mine until I found this forum. Now I just hide them, but I-m just as happy with the piece if it doesn-t come with a tag.

Participant

skigod377 wrote:

I dont totally understand about the value thing since some came without hang tags in the first place. Do you value one more just cuz it has a hang tag as opposed to one that was created without? Im not saying that I dont understand why. I do. I just dont think its that important as long as the piece is well taken care of. Now…why cant I bring myself to pull mine off??? πŸ˜•

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Ditto, Ski. I pulled the tags off mine until I found this forum. Now I just hide them, but I-m just as happy with the piece if it doesn-t come with a tag.

I totally agree. Why are we letting those little tags win?? All we have to do is hold real tight and pull….but I can’t seem to bring myself to do it either. Darn this forum!! πŸ˜†

Skigod377
                          Participant

I…..CANT….DO IT!!!

laphon1
                            Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Quote:

Why are we letting those little tags win?? All we have to do is hold real tight and pull….but I can’t seem to bring myself to do it either. Darn this forum!!

skigod377 wrote:

Quote:

I…..CANT….DO IT!!!

I already did.

I don’t have a preferance either way. Yes they do get in the way, but I just set the dragon on them. I do have some peices without only because I wanted that peice. It is nice to know who is the artist behind the work. I didn’t even know that the sculptures had Pena on the back until I saw a description on evilbay because my dragons didn’t have hangtags and I am guessing the stores took them off.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 46 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.