fbpx

Hang tags

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Hang tags

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author

I was wondering how you decided on designing the hang tags. I would tend to think that more people would list an item correctly if the hangtags had Windstone Editions on the front of them as well. I know a lot of people don’t look at the bottom where the company name is.

Bob

well even if they know for sure they are Windstones that does not mean they would know what they actually had. I say the less non collectors know that better for us collectors to get some GREAT deals

Melody
      Keymaster

dragonessjade wrote:

I was wondering how you decided on designing the hang tags. I would tend to think that more people would list an item correctly if the hangtags had Windstone Editions on the front of them as well. I know a lot of people don’t look at the bottom where the company name is.

We assume most people know to turn a piece over to see who made it. We got “Windstone Editions” stamped on the bottom of the pieces..and the back of the hangtags… we figure that should be enough.

Arlla
        Participant

Is there anyone besides me who finds the hangtags to be super annoying??? They ruin the fantasy of the piece a little bit for me…plus I’m always afraid I’m going to bend them the wrong way or something when I put a piece back down on a shelf. They irritate me! But of course I can’t bring myself to take any of them off…

The only one I kind of like is the one for the Old Warrior, because it’s got a little blurb on that particular dragon on the inside, telling us a little about the old warrior – I didn’t know he was supposed to have a kink in his tail before I read that! (I thought it was just twitched to the side a little, like a cat twitching the tip of it’s tail.) That’s kind of cool. Are there any other tags that talk about their pieces on the inside??

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
          -J R R Tolkien

Maria
          Participant

The OW has a special tag? I didn’t know that! None of my pieces here have special descriptions in them, but about a third of my collection is at Wolfen’s, so I can’t speak for the rest of them.
            I don’t really mind the tags. I just always make the dragon is sitting on them so they don’t show.

SPark
            Participant

The ki-rins have a little card with them that tells what ki-rins are. Though it’s not attached to any of them, just sitting loose. I was lucky enough to have in included with one of the ki-rins I bought.

Bob

I have always disliked the hang tags myself. I’m glad this was brought up. I’m also always worried I will hurt them and ruin the piece

Skigod377
                Participant

I thought all the tags were the same. I sure never got any card with my Ki rin either. Learn something new every day!

Arlla
                  Participant

I didn’t know about the old warrior tag until I was examining my new peacock OW…just happend to look at the tag and noticed that it has “old warrior dragon” actually written on it, so I looked inside and there was his little story! ^_^

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                    -J R R Tolkien

Maria
                    Participant

Neat! Bummer that my OW is in Texas and I’m in Switzerland.

Patricia
                      Participant

I have to admit I hate the hang tags mostly. Especially on the smaller pieces where you can’t hide them. I think they take away from the majesty of the piece if you can see them while on display. They hold interesting info and description which is good during the initial purchase but don’t hold much value to me on display.

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Maria
                        Participant

Are there pieces where the hang tags don’t disappear completely under them? Even the tiny Red Flame coiled – mostly – covers his.
                          Personally I don’t see much use in the hang tags. Collectors already know the info in them, and I doubt non-collectors really care what they say. But they don’t bug me.

Jodi
                          Participant

I like and dislike the hang tags. As a seller, it’s a great place to put the price of the piece. As a collector of Young Dragons, it makes them tippy to sit on their tags, and the tags are too visible if they don’t sit on them. So I just try to flatten them as much as possible and sit the dragons on them. I don’t want to take them off because it shows they are valued and well taken care of if the tags are still attached (at least, that’s the impression I get).

Jennifer
                            Keymaster

I always tuck my tags under the sculpture. I like them! It gives new collectors an idea of what Windstone is and the art behind it. If artists can give a collector or interested person some insight or personal feel to a piece, in general the art becomes easier to get attached to. And as an artist, I love to know who is behind the things I love to look at. 🙂

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                              My art: featherdust.com

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.