fbpx

Grey/Labradorite Griffin Sneak Peek

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Grey/Labradorite Griffin Sneak Peek

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Arlla
    Participant

Soooo…when will this be hitting ebay…? *makes offerings to all known birthday and ebay deities*

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
      -J R R Tolkien

Starbreeze
      Participant

πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰

laphon1
        Participant

The griffin is stunning as is all your work. ***Sending positive thoughts and warm fuzzies for the visit to the eye doctor***

Jennifer
          Keymaster

Oooog my eyes. They put the numbing drops in, and the drops to dilate my pupils. I can’t focus on my screen too well.. bright lights hurt.. *hisses*

Right, well. My eyesight has gotten worse sadly! Every time I see the eye doctor (1x/year) my perscription gets stronger. Augh. I’m only 25, I’ll be blind by age 35 at this rate!

Anyhow all went well and I’m okay, just some eye strain and increasingly bad eyesight. Eeek.

If I can do several of them then they probably won’t hit ebay (one at a time of course) until I have the entire edition done. Because I need to label them correctly (if I write 1/4 on them and there only ends up being two… that’d be bad!!). So at least a month I think. 3 weeks to paint and 1 to ship! That’s if all goes well.

I got my gemstones in the mail today. Wow! What pretty faceted labradorites they are. LOTS of fire! Three are varying shades of blue, and one is greenish. So these guys will have variation to them, a little bit.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
            My art: featherdust.com

Cool! Going with a Storm theme? uh uh? πŸ™‚ Boy what would I give to see a SK painted by you…

WOW NAM!!! By far, my absolute favorite. I don’t collect the griffins, but this one is simply stunning. 😯

Andrea
            Participant

Nambroth wrote:

If I can do several of them then they probably won’t hit ebay (one at a time of course) until I have the entire edition done. Because I need to label them correctly (if I write 1/4 on them and there only ends up being two… that’d be bad!!). So at least a month I think. 3 weeks to paint and 1 to ship! That’s if all goes well.

YAY! I’ll have a chance at one! If they went on Ebay right now, I wouldn’t have a chance!

Nambroth wrote:

My eyesight has gotten worse sadly! Every time I see the eye doctor (1x/year) my perscription gets stronger. Augh. I’m only 25, I’ll be blind by age 35 at this rate!

Anyhow all went well and I’m okay, just some eye strain and increasingly bad eyesight. Eeek.
              I was wondering, when you’re painting or doing work on the computer, do you try to take a break every 20-30 min. to look around and focus your eyes for a minute on something ~20 feet away? If not, doing so might help with the eyestrain (and possibly the vision degradation) by relaxing the accommodation muscles in your eyes.

I became aware of this issue recently because, during the past few months, I’ve been working on the computer for long stretches a lot more than usual, and I found myself getting eyestrain and having trouble focusing my eyes on things which were far away. But after I started doing the exercise I mentioned, the problems went away.

Pegasi1978
              Participant

😯 OMG he’s gorgeous. My husband and I loved the Sun Griffin and now he has a new favorite. I was wondering which took longer to paint the Sun Griffin or this one.

Jennifer
                Keymaster

pegasi1978 wrote:

😯 OMG he’s gorgeous. My husband and I loved the Sun Griffin and now he has a new favorite. I was wondering which took longer to paint the Sun Griffin or this one.

This one did! Working with the browns comes easier to me. Ones with markings like this are harder, it’s very easy to make them look dirty, or make the black markings look too artificial!

mimitrek wrote:

Nambroth wrote:

My eyesight has gotten worse sadly! Every time I see the eye doctor (1x/year) my perscription gets stronger. Augh. I’m only 25, I’ll be blind by age 35 at this rate!

I was wondering, when you’re painting or doing work on the computer, do you try to take a break every 20-30 min. to look around and focus your eyes for a minute on something ~20 feet away? If not, doing so might help with the eyestrain (and possibly the vision degradation) by relaxing the accommodation muscles in your eyes.

I became aware of this issue recently because, during the past few months, I’ve been working on the computer for long stretches a lot more than usual, and I found myself getting eyestrain and having trouble focusing my eyes on things which were far away. But after I started doing the exercise I mentioned, the problems went away.

Thanks, I’ll try that! I think my other problem is that even when not using the computer, I’m usually painting. Tiny feather details, 1-2′ from my face, and I tend to focus on that for long, long stretches of time. Looking out the window every so often will help! Thanks! πŸ™‚

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
                  My art: featherdust.com

You’re welcome! Wow, if you’re viewing things at just 1-2″ away for long periods, I can really see how that would cause eyestrain. And it seems like if you view things at that close a range, it might deform the lens of your eye over time, since the lens is getting compressed so much — and the accommodation muscles must be getting strained too. Of course, that’s just a guess since I’m not expert on eyes.

Have you thought about using any of the magnifiers listed on this website? It looks like they have many different types, ranging from ones which are worn to ones which are on a stand. I think those would allow you to view the things that you’re painting at a more normal range and hopefully help save your eyes. πŸ™‚

NirvanaCat13
                  Participant

F me sideways……Dear LORD that is a BEAUTIFUL griffin!!! I’ve had to stare at him for a few days before my jaw came off the keyboard long enough to post……*jaw drops again….* ZOMG

tc_cat333
                    Participant

WOW!! I’m not big on the griffins but I love that.. I would bid on it no questions asked.. If there is going to be a family of them I want them but I think I would be the only griffin family I could have because nothing would stand up to it…

um… I think I missed the sun and moon griffins…

I’m glad your eyes are ok although the changing prescription is a pain. Hopefully they will stabilize.

Elena
                      Participant

Sorry about the change in prescription Nam. It really sucks. My eyesight is horrible and got progressivly worse until I was about 25-26 and then it stabilized and hasn’t changed in about 5 years. Hopefully yours will too. And do the excercises! It really does help!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 80 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.