fbpx

Grey/Labradorite Griffin Sneak Peek

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Grey/Labradorite Griffin Sneak Peek

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

I thought I’d give everyone a sneak peek at my newest griffin. Okay, not so much of a sneak peek as just ‘these aren’t official photos’. But still!

These photos aren’t real good and he’s not quite done (I’m waiting for his gems to arrive in the mail) but to give you a glimpse…

I’m not sure what I’ll call him yet, just “grey griffin” or ‘labradorite griffin’ or what. He will have a labradorite as his main stone and two genuine sapphire accents. His necklace and silver sparkly spots are aluminum leaf (I’d use silver but it would tarnish under the finish, ack!). He’s way detailed, more so than the Sun and Moon griffins, and is really cool.

Here’s the neat part. If I don’t go too insane from painting tiny details for 10 hours a day, these will be a limited edition! I hope to make four of these, one of which Melody wants and the other three will go on eBay. He’s the only one I’ve done so far though so nothing is set in stone. Took forever to do…

Anyhow, here he is! Sorry the photo is so big.

He was inspired by the colors and markings of mallard ducks and harpy eagles!

Also wish me luck at the eye doctor’s tomorrow! I’ve been having a little trouble focusing lately. I wear glasses already so I hope it’s just minor eye strain from staring at tiny details!

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
      My art: featherdust.com

Jennifer
      Keymaster

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
        My art: featherdust.com

Purplecat
        Participant

😯 😯 OMG!!!!!!!! HE’S SPECTACULAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

siberakh1
          Participant

OMG! 😯 He’s totally awesome! πŸ˜€

Purplecat
            Participant

HOLY CRAP!!! HE’S FRICKEN AWESOME!!!! 😯 😯 😯

OH MY GOD FARKING AMAZING! I got a name too….

Storm Gryphon!

Laurie
              Participant

😯 I WANT I WANT (but can’t afford)

OH MY!!!
                Nam, he is so beautiful, he took my breath away!!! I love it!!! Only wish I could afford it! 😯

wow. that is amazing. you have outdone yourself.

i hope you have not undone your eyes. πŸ™

wolflodge100
                Participant

OMG, THAT IS TOTALY AMAZING!!!!!!! GAH, I need to win the lottery!

Andrea
                  Participant

I like this one the best! Very nice Nam!

Elena
                    Participant

OMG! OMG! and He’s going to have Labradorite Jewels? One of my faves! Want!! πŸ˜₯

Maebnus
                      Participant

Wow, that’s beautiful! I LOOOOOOVE Harpy Eagles, and he really does look the part.
                        I don’t think my hubby will let me bid for another high-priced one though πŸ˜₯ Might there be a matching family to follow? I could go for a chick… πŸ™‚

Starbreeze
                        Participant

Oh Nam!!! He’s amazing!!! Are you sure you can’t paint more than four??? πŸ˜€

Kasie
                          Participant

Good luck at the eye docs and this Griffin is spectacular!!!!!!!! πŸ˜€

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 80 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.