fbpx

Grab Bag Poads on Melodys Instagram Feb.13th, 2017

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags Grab Bag Poads on Melodys Instagram Feb.13th, 2017

• This topic has 86 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Kim.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Pathetic…no way…Happy…YAY!!!
      I know all about the eyes.My hands are also getting a bit twitchy.Sucks getting older.The colors on these Poads are the best.Details on the little ones?…we don’t need with it.Let your Muse guide the way.
      Please keep us informed about your KS.I am clueless but would love to help anyway.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Ela_Hara
      Participant

Yaahhhh!
        So… perhaps these FishFin Fantasy Adult Poads May end up being a regular Grab Bag? I gotta save up more monies! I’d still back your Kickstarter because I would want a printed copy of your graphic novel “The Veligent” and the Baby Poad idea sounds good too as a higher tier level giftie!

A suggestion for another tier level could be perhaps including a handwritten note (same note for all) and your signature in the front page/inside cover of the graphic novel, whereas a lower level tier might only have the graphic novel itself, but no personalization (note/signature).

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

etruscan
        Participant

I still don’t know why I couldn’t see any new things on Melody’s Facebook page for a couple of months, but I can see the newest pic of the fancy Poads. Yay!

Melody
          Keymaster

Yes, they are adults.

Melody
            Keymaster

facebook has been acting weird for me too! Not posting pics so I can see em.

Melody
              Keymaster

I would sign all the books sold through Kickstarter, and probably all the books I ever sell myself! But I need to have special things for backers of kickstarter..

Natasha
                Participant

I would buy these in either place – they’re gorgeous! Just keep in mind – if you don’t reach your goal on Kickstarter, you don’t get any of the money people have pledged. Of course, in that case, you would still own the merchandise and be able to sell them on the Windstone store. You might also want to look at IndieGoGo, It’s the same model as Kickstarter, but they offer flexible funding which means you would get to have all pledges, whether or not you reach your funding goal. I’d say to look at how much you need to raise – if it’s a really high amount and you are worried you won’t be able to fully fund, IndieGoGo is probably right for you. If you have a relatively modest goal you’re sure you’ll meet, Kickstarter has more name recognition.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                  ANY Red Eyed Unis
                  ANY Test Paint Bat
                  UNIS:
                  The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                  Male- Snow Leopard TP
                  White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                  Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                  Mother: Okapi
                  Gothic - Mahogany
                  PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                  DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Kim
                  Blocked

Ooh, I would love baby poads in those colours too! That would be awesome to get one of each, adult and baby! What about the hoarder/trover dragons? Weren’t those supposed to be for a kickstarter thing too?

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Anjeey
                    Participant

Ooooooh, those are beeeautiful! I’ve been waiting for some poads too… and those are all so pretty! I love them all. Any one you end up with would be wonderful if they were a grab bag.

Looking for Adult Poads, Young Poads, Baby Poads, and Tadpoads.

Melody
                      Keymaster

Yep they were supposed to be a kickstarter.
                        Maybe if I can figure out how to do my kickstarter, I can do those too! It’s just … WHEN am I supposed to have time for this?? I may need to take a week or so “Off” from painting, sculpting and doing the comic just to work on it.

Zloy720
                        Participant

Adore these poads!

I’ve backed a ton of kickstarter projects, domestic & international, mostly books and graphic novels as well as games and even complete movies. Everything you want to do is totally doable!

Justin Hillgrove is a good example, he’s also a NW artist and author, done similar kickstarters to what you want. More than once he’s offered original art sketches as a tier reward, with a person/backer limit based on how many of the sketches he had of each size and value. Heck, one movie I backed had several top tiers limited to 1 person, one for about $7k, and they were selling the movie plus the driveable “war cart” they made for the movie.

So long as the item you are offering in addition to the book is equal value so that all the people buying at that tier get the same value for their money you’re good. So if not all those poads are equal value to produce, just split them into different tiers limited to however many you have at that price. As I recall, there are ways to vary the shipping charges within a tier as well if that’s a concern.

You could even round up some of the unique test pieces or sketches similar to the monthly raffle pieces and offer them as unique, limited to 1 person tiers for example.

Common tiers with the books I’ve backed start with things like digital pdf copy only, 1 hard copy, signed hard copy, multiple copies, multiple signed copies, signed copy plus small original sketch in book itself, book plus other item like the poad, etc. (One even turned their art sketches into custom digital coloring book pages.)

After you hit your $ goal, then the stretch goals usually involve upgrading the book print quality; such as higher quality paper, leather binding, ribbon, slip cover or case, etc.

I love backing artists and authors this way on kickstarter! Kickstarter with Backerkit is so easy to use and help share/promote on social media. So for what’s it worth, my input and experience. 🙂 [either way can’t wait for those gorgeous poads!]

Suzanne-Marie
                          Participant

It will be a dream come true to get a written copy of
                            The Veligent !!
                            Whether you decide on Kickstarter, GB, etc. I will contribute and whatever is chosen will be a win-win for all of us !!
                            The Hatching Pegasi will be stunning, the Adult and Baby Poads are simply breathtaking in their colors and their scales and fins are so beautifully done!!
                            Garlen will be so regal when he becomes available for adoption !!
                            Thank you Melody for your dedication to your craft, your hard work and all the many hours you put in to make our world more beautiful and all the smiles we have for your unique, gorgeous, creations.
                            Your inner light shines bright and pure, and illuminates us too by sharing your creations; for that we thank you from the bottoms of our hearts !!!

etruscan
                            Participant

From Melody’s Instagram, 7 March:

Baby ruffle butts

Celestial Rainstorm
                              Participant

They’re all so gorgeous!

Finding happiness again.

Kim
                                Blocked

Wow, I love the bright rainbow colours on the babies too! I would love to get a couple!

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 87 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.