fbpx

Grab Bag Poads on Melodys Instagram Feb.13th, 2017

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags Grab Bag Poads on Melodys Instagram Feb.13th, 2017

• This topic has 86 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Kim.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Darn!No time to save for one.Well,I can drool from afar.LOL

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

StormDancer
      Participant

Oh my!!! Well, there went any hope of getting my PayPal account paid off anytime soon lol. I am head over heels for the one in the very top row, 4th in from the left with the purple and silver swirls on her.
        As usual Melody is outdoing herself!

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s644/kimking22/new%20poad%202_zpseixku5f3.jpg

Looking for:
        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

jmoore
        Participant

Wowzers! Those are amazing! Thanks for posting the pictures!

LuvsDragons
          Participant

O.M.G. I LOVE these. So Pretty!!! I think I need to save up or sell some stuff for these…..I think I need one….. 🙂

Melody
            Keymaster

You can repost stuff here! ( I don’t know how to do it either)
              It is a new grab bag I am working on.

Melody
              Keymaster

These won’t be out too soon, I was planning to use this batch for my upcoming Kickstarter, to raise funds to print “The Veligent” book.
                I am not really sure how Kickstarter works, exactly, but I was going to use these as one of the add-on perks. From what I have seen of other peoples’ campaigns, it seems you can offer almost anything as an add-on to meet your goal!

Natasha
                Participant

You totally can! Basically you set up price levels for $1 or higher and attach an award to them. You can also set the amount of awards available for each one so, it would be something like the “poad” level and you could have “100 available.” As people pledge for that level Kickstarter will automatically keep track of how many are left and when they’re all spoken for, it will no longer allow people to use that pledge.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                  ANY Red Eyed Unis
                  ANY Test Paint Bat
                  UNIS:
                  The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                  Male- Snow Leopard TP
                  White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                  Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                  Mother: Okapi
                  Gothic - Mahogany
                  PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                  DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Matty
                  Participant

I love the kick starter idea! I would totally sign up myself and support you!

Ela_Hara
                    Participant

Jennifer could probably help explain the Kick Starter ‘Tiers’ and how it works to you – she was just involved with Jesse Owens’ ‘Gryphon’ books Kick Starter. Jennifer did some Wonderful artwork for tier items like bookplate cards and stuff.

I think a Kick Starter is a Fabulous idea and I’d also join in and back it with great pleasure!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                      Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                      Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                      *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Aggie83
                      Participant

Kickstarter is absolutely amazing. I and both of my daughters have supported various efforts on there. I don’t know who came up with the concept, but it is absolutely brilliant.

PrairieVixen
                        Participant

Love the Kick Starter idea! If you need any advice Melody, I’m sure Mike (my husband) can likely help. He’s had friends in the comic/entertainment industry go through it and he likely has some info on best practices/general pitfalls, etc. if you need any advice when/if you decide to give it a go. 🙂

On a side note, I adore the pink-headed ones! <3

.*ºSearching for Spectrals and Rising Spectrals in all patterns and colors!º*.

WeRePaNtHeR
                          Participant

Whoa those are awesome looking, i like the black and white one, I will have to save up for one!

Forever seeking: plum, chili pepper, and tattoo oriental dragons and kirins.

Landipan
                            Participant

A kickstarter sounds like a fantastic idea! Maybe you could offer small prints of your sketches for the cheaper tiers!

*Formerly meowmix101
                              Not currently open for PYO commissions.

Mary
                              Participant

Wow! Those poads are gorgeous! I was hoping that the next GB would be something lesser in price than the adult poads.

Rylorien
                                Participant

Technically Kickstarter isn’t a grab bag…I mean, yes, it seems like one of the tier rewards will be a random adult poad BUT we’ve no idea when the Kickstarter will launch. It could be two months from now, it could be a year from now. It’s definitely not something that a person sets up without some planning. Also, Melody might have been strategically working on these poads for awhile whenever she had some spare time; they’re obviously still works in progress and probably just a portion of what she has planned for the KS. If we’re lucky, maybe we’ll even see the hoarders make a resurgence for this.

If I had to guess, the next gb from the store will probably be the hatching pegasi that Melody was hoping to do around Easter. But that’s also assuming she’ll have time to do them and/or chooses to commit to them. If I recall, when she did the baby pegasus grab bag she said that the wings were a pain in the butt so she might change her mind about hatching pegs. Who knows!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.