fbpx

Grab Bag Baby Unis Aug 2016!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags Grab Bag Baby Unis Aug 2016!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 331 total)
  • Author
    Thunderwing
    Participant

*waves at Susie!* I sent you an email! I … actually sent it before seeing your message here. Swallowed my shyness, wanted one that badly. I hate being a bother.

fatalbeauty
      Participant

totally missed them! was out running errands but I sent a hopeful email…..

4 things I'm looking for:
        1. Mother Meerkat
        2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
        3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
        4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Kim
        Blocked

I hope everyone who really wanted one is able to get one. I just happened to be talking with a friend who was also watching for them when they came out and he saw the email and let me know. I really want a rainbow zebra to go with my young uni. My favourite one is the one at the bottom of the first pictured circled in yellow. I also love some of the crazy colourful rainbow ones and some scenery ones. All my favourites are circled in yellow, with my second favourites circled in blue.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Aggie83
          Participant

I was so afraid I would miss these as I was sure they were coming out today and I had plans to go on a Pokemon hunt at a park with my oldest daughter, my son and his girlfriend. 😉 I checked one last time before we went out the door and there they were. I beat the email notification by 2 minutes. 🙂

Aggie83
            Participant

Lol. Kim, when I looked at the class pics I had that zebra picked out as “that will be Kim’s favorite”. 😉

Jellyfish
              Participant

I am in love with the tree and squirrel silouette uni with orange and purple coloring. Thats my dream baby. 🙂

Kim
                Blocked

Haha. Thanks Aggie83. I guess I meant to call it a rainbow tiger but close enough to zebra. Good thing there are a few of them this time so I have a chance at one. I also like the zebras with flowers just like the young unis. I have been waiting years for these since I missed one batch that came out just after I joined. I also agree that squirrel one and the other tree scene ones are really cool!

Bodine
                  Participant

OH GOODNESS!!They are ALL so GORGEOUS! I am so sad I can’t get one,missed them anyway,internet was down for a bit.I will however,enjoy seeing all of yours and see who gets what.Just awesome Ms.Melody,these are the BEST!!

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
                    (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
                    Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

Ann
                    Participant

Yea, I get tired of seeing people get several through extended family members. It would be much more fair to have the limit of one applied to all so we have a chance at a second one later fairly. I expect Windstone knows who is always doing that but it is hard to stop.

Rusti
                      Participant

Had to wait for them to fall out of carts since I was manning our t-shirt table at the local county fair and spent 45 minutes tapping the ‘add to cart’ button hoping I’d get one when they finally fell out of carts. Managed to get one ordered, pushes my lightsaber I need to purchase for my cosplay back another month, but that’s OK, LOL.

Aggie83
                        Participant

Rusti, my oldest would SO approve of both your avatar and the fact that you are buying a light saber for cosplay purposes. Going to any cons in the near future?

Rusti
                          Participant

No, my costume is far from done. I’m doing a generic Jedi general from the cartoon referenced in my icon, hoping to join the Rebel Legion. Currently I have material for the tunic, tabards and obi, but haven’t called the costume shop I was referred to to see if they can do the sewing for me (can’t sew!). I’ve also got the bracers in progress, but they’ve been on hold at the bondo stage for a couple of months, July was too hot to work outside and I’ve been too busy this month! I’m hoping, fingers crossed, to get the darn thing done by the end of the year!

Mercury Star
                            Participant

Doh! Missed ’em. Kind of figured that would happen with my current between places situation.

Can’t wait to see all the lovelies as everyone gets them, there are lots of really neat looking babies in this batch!

Betrluk1
                              Participant

I see the comment about family members buying grab bags, and i understand the frustration, but not everyone does this to help out someone. My mother buys one almost every time. She only buys them to sell them. She does not personally collect. She enjoys the excitement of getting to open the box and making money and its her money to spend as she sees fit. Also, family members like to surprise others with unexpected gifts. I am sure there are some folks who take advantage in the way suggested, but not everyone does. I think that is why they rarely limit it. Also, there are times when multiple people from a family collect. Windstone goes out of their way, far more than most companies, to satisfy its forum community, but it is also a business. I dont think they need to be asked to police the buying of their goods, when they already help us out a lot by giving a heads up of what is coming out and a relative when. At what point are we asking to much?

Kim
                                Blocked

My mom collects some grab bags like I do, although she doesn’t always get in on the grab bags, just ones she likes. She decided to get one uni since it was her birthday 2 days ago. So it would be hard if there was a household limit for families who do have more than one collector. I could see a concern if it was like 4 people from the same household buying them though as I don’t know if that would be fair or people having friends buy for them. I know some people do acquire more through blind trades too and I thought about that but decided not to go for that this time because I knew there wouldn’t be that many to go around. I am sure like any grab bags though there will be some available for sale once people get them for anyone who missed them.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 331 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.