fbpx

GB Tanuki show off thread!!!! ‘Plain’ and ‘Fancy’

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags GB Tanuki show off thread!!!! ‘Plain’ and ‘Fancy’

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 242 total)
  • Author
    Bullsquid
    Participant

I was planning on trying for a fancy one myself until I found out the prices when the site was down. The sucky thing is I had about $250 in my account but when I figured it out with the shipping and Canadian exchange rate, it would have cost me about $280 to get a fancy one so I didn’t have enough. I was really hoping they would be under $150 but at least the plain ones were less so I could get one. I still had to pay over $180 to get a plain one though so this low dollar now is killing me! When the U.S. and Canada were on par it was so nice to be able to be able to buy more stuff from the U.S. I really hope the grab bag cougars aren’t over $200.

I heard that. 😐 When I did the math, a fancy would end up costing $100 more than a plain tanuki, and that’s assuming that they slip past Customs without any added duty (which seems to happen less and less now). I was leaning towards getting fancy tanuki, but I couldn’t stomach the price it would cost after currency conversion and customs fees.

Ann
      Participant

I had a fancy in my cart last night when the site crashed. So disappointed, but so happy this morning when they were back up and I snagged a fancy tanuki. Really looking forward to getting it.

I’m so glad that Melody and the Windstone folks decided to put them into two batches. That is so much more fair, and equitable since there is a price differential that is more reflective of the investment in time in making it. When I have received a plainer one in the past in the combined grab bag batches before I have at times felt I overpaid since there wasn’t a price differential in a combined batch, I supposed they averaged the overall price. This approach totally fixes that. Thank you! I hope to see it continue in the future.

Amstaff
        Participant

I was planning on trying for a fancy one myself until I found out the prices when the site was down. The sucky thing is I had about $250 in my account but when I figured it out with the shipping and Canadian exchange rate, it would have cost me about $280 to get a fancy one so I didn’t have enough. I was really hoping they would be under $150 but at least the plain ones were less so I could get one. I still had to pay over $180 to get a plain one though so this low dollar now is killing me! When the U.S. and Canada were on par it was so nice to be able to be able to buy more stuff from the U.S. I really hope the grab bag cougars aren’t over $200.

I heard that. 😐 When I did the math, a fancy would end up costing $100 more than a plain tanuki, and that’s assuming that they slip past Customs without any added duty (which seems to happen less and less now). I was leaning towards getting fancy tanuki, but I couldn’t stomach the price it would cost after currency conversion and customs fees.

Yes, being in Canada makes it VERY hard to be a Windstone Collector… the Dollar is so bad. I think its like .75cents to the US dollar? *ughhh* …. with the exchange, and THEN the customs fees (which I agree, we almost always get hit with that now…) its puts the price wayyy up. So add on another $50 cnd for customs fees… and it really hits the pocket books. Im hoping by some chance the box sneaks past customs, lol ! I did splurge and got a Fancy…. I still cant believe I did it… but oh well, and after HOURS of trying to get into the store and snag one (thank god Mom was here to help keep an eye on the website for me!) Wondering what I will get ! πŸ™‚

Andrea
          Participant

Wait… This always confuses me. Thankfully I don’t like traveling!
            The Canadian dollar is worth more than the US dollar.
            So if Windstone sells something at $100 US dollars, wouldn’t Canadians be only paying $78 CN dollars?
            I understand the higher shipping and customs, but the initial price should be less, right?

Bullsquid
            Participant

So if Windstone sells something at $100 US dollars, wouldn’t Canadians be only paying $78 CN dollars?
              I understand the higher shipping and customs, but the initial price should be less, right?

It’s the other way around. Something that costs $77 US now costs $100 Canadian. It used to be roughly equal. Ahh, those were the days. πŸ˜›

Andrea
              Participant

It’s the other way around. Something that costs $77 US now costs $100 Canadian. It used to be roughly equal. Ahh, those were the days. πŸ˜›

OH! Well, go USA!!! πŸ˜€

etruscan
                Participant

I think I managed to snag the last plain tanuki! πŸ™‚ I saw all the website problems last night and figured that I would be out of luck, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw a couple of plain tanukis and a few fancies still in stock this morning.

I saw the “Notify” button this morning for the “Plain” tanukis. They must have rounded up some more today because two Plain ones are in the store now!

MandBsMom
                  Participant

Either that or maybe they had to double check everyone only had one tanuki ordered. Or they held some back because of all the craziness last night to make sure they didn’t oversell. Either way, it’s awesome that some people can still get some who couldn’t sit on the Internet for hours while the site was offline.

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Betrluk1
                    Participant

i saw 10 fancies in stock still just a few seconds ago

Aggie83
                      Participant

@MandBsMom
                        I was rather mystified that there were still some available until I saw your possible explanation – that makes a great deal of sense. Given the headaches I am sure they were having last night, holding a few back as insurance seems very reasonable.

Ela_Hara
                        Participant

Yaaaaaaaaaa!
                          I was one of the people whose Fancy Tanuki order went through in between the Crashes…I just got my ‘It Just Shipped!’ notification from PayPal! πŸ™‚
                          Hopefully my Tanuki will be here by next Monday! Yea!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

MandBsMom
                          Participant

Yaaaaaaaaaa!
                            I was one of the people whose Fancy Tanuki order went through in between the Crashes…I just got my ‘It Just Shipped!’ notification from PayPal! πŸ™‚
                            Hopefully my Tanuki will be here by next Monday! Yea!

Ela_Hara, I got my shipping notification too! Can’t wait!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

Sikek
                            Participant

The low dollar here is killing me too with 1AUD to .73 USD πŸ™
                              I passed on these, but looking forward to seeing the photos.

fatalbeauty
                              Participant

mine should be going out tomorrow! can’t wait to see it!

4 things I'm looking for:
                                1. Mother Meerkat
                                2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
                                3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
                                4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Natasha
                                Participant

Mine’s gone out! It SAYS expected delivery day is Friday but my local post office often reads “Friday” as “Tuesday.” Maybe I’ll get lucky this time and actually get it Friday!

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                                  ANY Red Eyed Unis
                                  ANY Test Paint Bat
                                  UNIS:
                                  The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                                  Male- Snow Leopard TP
                                  White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                                  Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                                  Mother: Okapi
                                  Gothic - Mahogany
                                  PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                                  DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 242 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.