GB Tanuki show off thread!!!! ‘Plain’ and ‘Fancy’

Home Forums Windstone Editions Grab Bags GB Tanuki show off thread!!!! ‘Plain’ and ‘Fancy’

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 242 total)
  • Author
    etruscan
    Participant

No, we just got the one. We were trying from two devices when the website went down so the one we got is hers. haha.

That explains it … the discussion sounded as though you each got one.

Kim
      Blocked

It would be very tempting to try for another so we’d each have one but I would feel bad if others missed getting one. We don’t have enough money anyway I think since we have to make sure there’s enough for the bills. I hope I can save more for a cougar though! I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it if there are two collectors in one house rather than someone buying a second one for their loved one. Anyway I am just happy this is working now and hope I get one with pink or can trade for one.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Mercury Star
        Participant

As frustrating as the site crash was, it probably is the reason I was able to snag a tanuki at all! I have been missing out on a lot of the grab bags since my work hours were changed. I was kind of wanting a fancy tanuki, but I am still happy to have snagged a plain one, some of them look gorgeous.

jmoore
          Participant

Well, I went to bed at my normal time so I missed all the crashing. But, luckily there were more than 10 fancys in the store when I got up this morning, so I was able to get one. There are still plains available, too. YAY!

jmoore
            Participant

So I’m curious as I managed to grab a fancy after almost missing them completely, but Hubby saw me refreshing and finally grabbing one and asked if I wanted him to buy one.

I know there is a one per limit so feel a bit bad if I tell him yes, but I see others in the forum who’s extended family living under the same roof buys a “one per”.

Is it frowned upon to have hubby buying one as well?

Thanks!

I wouldn’t have an issue with this. Even though these items are limited, I would feel bad about limiting family and friends when it comes to buying each other gifts. As long as everyone has their own account, it seems fine to me. It’s sweet that he offered! ๐Ÿ™‚

I agree with DragonDreamWeaver.

It still kind of baffles me how we can have a mad dash for grab bags and they are all in carts and then the next morning there are more than 10 in stock. I’m not complaining, mind you, because that is usually the only way I am able to get one (I live on the East coast and go to bed early), it’s just one of the many things I find curious. ๐Ÿ™‚

Ela_Hara
              Participant

Hey Guys on the East Coast!
                There’s still over 10 Fancy and 2 Plain Tanukis in the Store!
                It’s 6:42 am EDT now – good luck if you want to snag one! ๐Ÿ™‚

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Zeppard Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Mary
                Participant

I grabbed a fancy when the email first came out, started to checkout, and then the website crashed. After more than an hour, the website came back up, but my fancy wasn’t in my cart. So, decided getting a plain was better than none, grabbed one, tried to check out and the website crashed again. Kept trying to get back on and finally succeeded. And, there were none in my cart, but there was a fancy available. Finally got to checkout successfully. I was praying that the site didn’t crash before I completed checkout. Yayyyyy! Nearly gave up but glad that I didn’t.

StormDancer
                  Participant

I did the same as mashubert and had one in my cart and was almost thru checkout. I was waiting on shipping costs to calculate and then the site crashed on me. When it came back up all stock was already back in carts. I just had time to send a quick email to Susie before the site crashed again. I tried to get back on several times after that and had no luck and so finally went to bed.
                    I was SOOOO happy to see some still in stock this morning!
                    I finally managed to grab a fancy Tanuki and I am so very excited to see it when he arrives!
                    I am very much hoping for a natural colored leafy one!

Looking for:
                    "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Mary
                    Participant

Poor Susie! I did the same exact thing – emailing Susie. She probably got floods of emails from others experiencing the same problem.

It looked like my 45 minute timer clock was going to expire before the website came back up and I wasn’t sure if it’d release the item back for sale or not. Maybe they could extend the timer clock since the website crashes often during sales?

A few hundred people accessing the website shouldn’t be causing it to crash. There’s technology that offers “load sharing” during peak periods of website traffic but maybe Windstone’s hosting company doesn’t offer that service?

I think the reason that there were some left this morning is that from reading the Windstone facebook page, many forum members had given up after a few hours. I figured the later it got, the more likely the website would have fewer people to crash it.

Anyways, sure am glad I was lucky enough to stick it out and grab one. Can’t wait to see what it is.

etruscan
                      Participant

It still kind of baffles me how we can have a mad dash for grab bags and they are all in carts and then the next morning there are more than 10 in stock. I’m not complaining, mind you, because that is usually the only way I am able to get one (I live on the East coast and go to bed early), it’s just one of the many things I find curious. ๐Ÿ™‚

Because the only way to be SURE of getting a Grab Bag you might want is Grab First – Think Later. In other words, get one in your cart ASAP and then consider whether it is something you want and can afford. Otherwise you can invest a lot of time and frustration chasing cart-jumpers if you decide you want a whatever-it-is and then try to grab one.

Bullsquid
                        Participant

I think I managed to snag the last plain tanuki! ๐Ÿ™‚ I saw all the website problems last night and figured that I would be out of luck, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw a couple of plain tanukis and a few fancies still in stock this morning.

Bullsquid
                          Participant

Because the only way to be SURE of getting a Grab Bag you might want is Grab First – Think Later. In other words, get one in your cart ASAP and then consider whether it is something you want and can afford. Otherwise you can invest a lot of time and frustration chasing cart-jumpers if you decide you want a whatever-it-is and then try to grab one.

This is especially true for this grab bag, since you could only pick one tanuki from two batches. When I bought my tanuki this morning, I hadn’t decided whether to get a plain or a fancy, so I initially put one of each in my cart just to be safe. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people did this, which would explain why there were so many “cart-jumpers”.

Mary
                            Participant

This is especially true for this grab bag, since you could only pick one tanuki from two batches. When I bought my tanuki this morning, I hadn’t decided whether to get a plain or a fancy, so I initially put one of each in my cart just to be safe. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of people did this, which would explain why there were so many “cart-jumpers”.

My guess is that with the website crashing while they were in people’s carts and the timers expiring before the website came back up, lots of them were in a state of limbo to the system as they were spoken for but lapsed timers. Not sure if during the website crash, when it returns has it lost the timers? Would have to know how it’s programmed to know for sure.

jmoore
                              Participant

I guess with the preview photos and livestreams I just assume everyone would know ahead of time whether or not they want to get a (whatever the grab bag is). But I forget that the prices are not announced until the item is released. So it does make more sense that people would grab one first and then decide if the price is right or not. The cart jumping never made sense to me, but it makes more sense when I think about it that way…. Thanks!

Kim
                                Blocked

I was planning on trying for a fancy one myself until I found out the prices when the site was down. The sucky thing is I had about $250 in my account but when I figured it out with the shipping and Canadian exchange rate, it would have cost me about $280 to get a fancy one so I didn’t have enough. I was really hoping they would be under $150 but at least the plain ones were less so I could get one. I still had to pay over $180 to get a plain one though so this low dollar now is killing me! When the U.S. and Canada were on par it was so nice to be able to be able to buy more stuff from the U.S. I really hope the grab bag cougars aren’t over $200.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 242 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.