fbpx

DRAGON87 PYO's – Green Cheeked Conure Phoenix, pics soon!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone DRAGON87 PYO's – Green Cheeked Conure Phoenix, pics soon!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 243 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

He reminds me of carrot cake πŸ˜€

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Before antiquing:

After antiquing:

Wow it’s such a large difference!!!! I’m really having fun with this commission, though I’m scared I’m going to really mess it up and then my friend won’t like it πŸ˜₯

Mmloda
      Participant

He looks great… πŸ˜‰ I am sure your friend will love him… πŸ˜€

Marzena

kitsunelady
        Participant

You’re braver than me with antiquing. :0 I can barely dab any on before I freak out and wipe it off. XD XD What color did you use to antique?

I’m sure your friend will love it. Did he/she tell you what they wanted, or did they give you free rein?

PurpleTurtle
          Participant

I really like the green you picked πŸ˜‰ . Whenever I antique a PYO or ceramic I’m always a little surprized how different it makes it look. But I find, especially with the Windstones, that antiquing really brings out all the lovely details in Melody’s little critters πŸ˜‰ .

kitsunelady wrote:

You’re braver than me with antiquing. :0 I can barely dab any on before I freak out and wipe it off. XD XD What color did you use to antique?

I’m sure your friend will love it. Did he/she tell you what they wanted, or did they give you free rein?

Ummm I used a color called *runs off to look at paints*

Emerald Green. It’s a liquitex color. And despite me screwing up royally after this, my friend still likes it – after I *sorta* fixed it. Now he kinda looks like Mardi Gras griffin… All shiney and such. He’s still willing to pay me despite my screw up so I’m assuming my fix was good…

Maria
            Participant

Looks fine. πŸ˜‰

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Looks fine. πŸ˜‰

I screwed up after this with the detail. It was still perfect at this point. Damn me and trying to paint when tired… πŸ‘Ώ I would have gotten more then $60 for him if I’d been smart and done it right!

Dragon87 wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Looks fine. πŸ˜‰

I screwed up after this with the detail. It was still perfect at this point. Damn me and trying to paint when tired… πŸ‘Ώ I would have gotten more then $60 for him if I’d been smart and done it right!

Awe… πŸ™

Well, it’s a very nice Griffin from what I have seen, but I am biased…I LOVE green!!! πŸ˜€ But, no really, I like this griffin alot, and you have more guts than I do too, I just HATE to antique! πŸ˜›
              Now, all you have to do is post finished pics so we are able to see what the so-called “Mess-up” is, and tell you that it is beautiful anyway! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€

Well here he is in his madi-gras shiney as heck glory. I got $60 for him. I’m happy but I would dilute the interference a bit more before I do something like that again. But my friend liked the gaudy shineyness so I’m happy if he is! Interferences of every color but red!

You can see in the second pic where I screwed up with the interference, it still looks white. Dammit I thought this stuff dried clear. Bleh. Well, as long as he likes it, I’m happy. But I don’t like interference anymore.

EDIT: I got into NAIT!!!!!!!!! Whoopie!

Maria
              Participant

What’s NAIT?

Still like him! πŸ˜€ Shiny and pretty!

Heather
                Participant

Interference paint does dry clear . . . but not if it’s put on too thickly. I did that with my Muse, and she looks like she’s got a booger on her chest. 😳 To avoid having it dry white or opaque, you have to dilute it down a lot. I got mine in the tubes, which is even thicker than the stuff in the bottles, and end up diluting it something like 1 part in 10. :/ For the stuff in the bottles, it’s more like 1 part in 5. I test it on a piece of paper that’s been striped with the colors I’m going to apply the interference over. If it dries cloudy, I know it’s still too thick.

Your griffin still looks very nice! I like the way you used the red, and the colors on the wings are lovely. πŸ™‚ You did a good job of antiquing him, too.

Of course everyone thinks he’s pretty… we all seem to like shineys on here…. πŸ˜€

NAIT = Northern Alberta Institute of Technology. Post-Sec school I’m going to be a chemical technologist.

dragonmedley
                  Participant

Dragon87 wrote:

NAIT = Northern Alberta Institute of Technology. Post-Sec school I’m going to be a chemical technologist.

Congrats!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                    I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                    http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 243 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.