Dragon Cave Egg Exchange 2

Home Forums Miscellany Community Dragon Cave Egg Exchange 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 508 total)
  • Author
    Tara
    Participant

This thread is for requesting and giving away Dragon Cave eggs and hatchlings. So if there is a certain type dragon you’re looking for post it here and other DC users can help get one for you. Chat and questions always welcome! πŸ˜€

Note: You can request rare dragons but please be patient it can take a long time to breed one and there are lots of people seeking them.
      ————–
      Transferring Eggs and Hatchlings

Transfers between scrolls require a Magi(orange) dragon to do. If you do not have one fear not. Only one person needs to have a magi dragon. A transfer can be done one way(transfer) or two ways(trade). If you want to send a dragon to someone but don’t have a Magi, it will need to sent as a trade. They will have to send you something using their magi and the you offer the dragon you want to give them. People will sometimes just pick up a random abandoned egg to do this with just to be put back.

Sending:
      1. Click on the actions of the dragon doing the transfer and click teleport
      Or
      Click account,click active transfers, and teleport on the dragon you want to use.
      2. Select two way transfer if you wish to receive something in return otherwise select one way transfer.
      3. Select the eggs and hatchlings you want to transfer.
      4. Enter your password and teleport.
      5. Give the link to the receiver.

Receiving:
      1. Follow the link sender gave you.
      2. If it is a one way transfer just accept it.
      or
      If it is a two way transfer, offer something to the sender.
      3. The sender the needs to go into active transfers or the actions of the dragon being transferred and either accept or decline the offer.

note: DC does not notify you of any status changes to your transfers. If a transaction is completed the dragons will simply transfer. You will have to check to see if you have offers on your trade.

———————————————————————————–
      Mini Tutorial
      Helpful links

Dragon Cave Wiki – a good reference

Silvi’s Lair – self serve hatchery that collects views at a safe pace, no other hatchery needed(my favorite)

The Allure of Neglected Dragons – self serve hatchery that gains views at a good-fast pace, keep an eye on new eggs/hatchlings as they can get sick from too many views too quick on this site especially if you are using more than one hatchery (my backup hatchery)

Dragon Cave Focus – self serve hatchery (I don’t usually use this one so I don’t know the pace)

The Dragon Dump – self serve hatchery (I don’t usually use this one so I don’t know the pace)

My favorite type of hatchery is the self serve kind. They don’t depend on someone to update. You the user does all the updating. To use them just enter your username click the button, select the dragons you want to enter and click again. And if you’re bored or whatever you can help keep the hatchery clean by clicking the little button beside the adults and the hatchlings in the egg section (if egg and hatchlings are sorted). Usually only one hatchery is needed unless the time is running low.
      —————-
      Common terminology

CB – Cave born, these are dragons caught on the main page and have no parents.
      PB – Pure Bred, these dragons and all the dragons they’re descended from are the same species.
      AP – Abandoned page, this where you pick up eggs other users have gotten rid of.
      Alt – Alternate, some dragons have more than one version. Alt refers to the less common variation of the dragon.
      BSA – Breed Specific Action, some dragons have special powers they can use. For example Pink dragons can Influence the gender of your egg and Magi(orange) can teleport eggs and hatchlings between scrolls.
      Lineage – this is the parents, grandparents, etc of a dragon. Lineage has no direct effect on your dragon other than the the parent determine the breed of the dragon. Some people like lineages to be short or in a certain pattern. See here for a better write up on lineages.

—————-
      Getting Started

You have your first eggs… now what?
      The first step to raising your eggs is to get it views and unique views. Eggs and hatchlings use views to hatch/grow. The easiest way to get views is to put your eggs in a hatchery like one of the ones I have linked to above.

My eggs have holes in them?!!
      Great! That means that they are close to hatching. As your eggs get close to hatching they will crack and develop holes in them(your hatchlings will get wings and a gender when they’re close). You have 7 days to get your eggs to hatch(and 7 more for your hatchlings to grow). They will never hatch(or grow) before the count down timer says 4 days. The only way to get your eggs to hatch sooner is by using an adult red dragons special power incubate which takes 1 day off the timer.

How do I know if my eggs are sick?
      There will be a message down at the bottom of their view page when they are sick. You now also get a message at the top of your scroll telling you that you have one or more sick eggs/ hatchlings. It is possible for your eggs to die from sickness but it takes a fair bit for this to happen. Eggs/hatchlings get sick because they got too many views too quickly. Typically this only happens during the first day that the egg is caught/bred or the first day after hatching for hatchlings. When they get sick it’s best to stop them from getting views till they get better. To do this click on the action button beside the egg and click hide(then unhide to get once it’s better). This shrouds your egg in a fog preventing people from seeing your egg. While fogged your egg/hatchling will not hatch/grow so don’t forget to unfog it before the time runs out or it will die.

How many Eggs can I have at a time?
      When you first start you can have 4 eggs at a time. As you build up your collection of dragons you will receive trophies that will increase the number of eggs you can have. Here are the different trophies:
      Bronze(50) = 5 eggs
      Silver(200) = 6 eggs
      Gold(500) = 7 eggs

I’m sure I’ve missed stuff so feel free to post additions/corrections for me to update this with.

Tara
      Participant

Here’s a new thread for all your Dragon Cave needs and wants.

Sirithiliel
        Participant

Ooh how exciting! I plan to be breeding some purebred second gen Blusangs, so if you want one let me know =)

Ooh how exciting! I plan to be breeding some purebred second gen Blusangs, so if you want one let me know =)

Oh Siri I’d like one if I can figure out how to get one from you.

Here’s a new thread for all your Dragon Cave needs and wants.

Oh my your Day Glory and Night Glory Drakes are soooooo gorgeous!!

Sirithiliel
          Participant

That won’t be a problem, I will breed you one mater tonight and send it to you in PM

Riversgrace
            Participant

Thank you Flaming Dragon πŸ™‚ you rock!

That won’t be a problem, I will breed you one mater tonight and send it to you in PM

YOUR THE BEST!!! πŸ™‚

Misty
              Participant

If anyone wants something bred off my scroll just let me know. I have CB’s of everything except the old pinks, frills and holidays before christmas 2011. I am still trying for golds and silvers for some other folks…I haven’t had any luck getting eggs from them. And the tinsels aren’t very cooperative anymore either. So if you ask for a metal, it will likely be quite a long wait >.<

littleironhorse
                Participant

Same here! I don’t have every breed, but I have some nice ones…

You can reach my scroll by clicking on the Leetle Tree in my signature.

@ Opal: I remember that I promised you my second Silver egg, and it took me a year to get a first one… So I should have yours by December 2013, and Kiya’s by December 2014. LOL! Hope you guys are patient! :bigsmile:

littleironhorse
                  Participant

Sooo… Has anyone seen/read anything about the new prize dragons? I scanned the Forums but couldn’t find anything.

Sirithiliel
                    Participant

Sooo… Has anyone seen/read anything about the new prize dragons? I scanned the Forums but couldn’t find anything.

I have not seen or heard anything =/ I’m wondering if theyr’e keeping that under wraps until they’re grown up, to prevent sick hatchlings from too many people oogling at them

littleironhorse
                      Participant

Claim my Gold Tinsel egg!

Gaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I tried and I can’t darnit! Ahhhhhhh πŸ™ πŸ™‚

littleironhorse
                        Participant

Claim my Gold Tinsel egg!

Gaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh NOOOOOOOOOOOOO I tried and I can’t darnit! Ahhhhhhh πŸ™ πŸ™‚

It’s because you’re egg locked.

No worries, if it’s gone by the time you have the space, just let me know and I’ll breed you another one. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 508 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.