fbpx

Do you love it for the sculpt or the colour?

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Do you love it for the sculpt or the colour?

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Bodine
    Participant

Savings? What’s savings?😁

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
      (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
      Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

etruscan
      Participant

Think back to before you found Windstone. Remember the money that you used to have in the bank? That’s savings. 🙂 Now we call it money for the next grab bag.

Angelika_Zen
        Participant

Wisker hunter west, if my selection was as structured and strategic as yours, i might actually be able to save. Me: Oh that’s nice! Buy it 😉

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Ela_Hara
          Participant

I’ve done the same – my rules of Windstone buys are exactly the same as yours! I love using cash to get Visa Gift cards to get my Windstone fixes… I do have one additional rule I *try* to keep to due to my lack of display space – if you get one (or two) more, you need to sell or gift a current one from the collection.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
            Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
            Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
            *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
            Participant

Hahahahaahaaha

Nightcrow
              Participant

Oh, this is so cool! I wonder what everyone else’s “priority list” would look like?

I’ve never tried to lay mine out in words, but I’ll try:

(1) Sculpt + Color Matches One of My Color Subcollections
                (1a) The basic priority here is for new sculpts: a new sculpt in the Western dragon family must be acquired in White, as long as I don’t strongly dislike it; for blended groups, acquiring a sculpt I don’t have takes priority over acquiring a new color on a ‘repeat’ sculpt. (Example: my top priority for the Oriental collection is a Moon Ori in any color that blends with the group, while second priority is a Peacock Sitting Ori, because I have 0 Moons and 1 Sitting in the Oriental subcollection.)
                (1b) For me this category automatically includes “with significant meaning,” because my White dragon family is the foundation of my Windstone experience. For months I saved up money till I could buy the White Mother at Glass Menagerie, back when there were only six Western Dragon sculpts available. I could have saved less and bought the Young instead, but no – I wanted my first piece to be BIG and worthy of all that anticipation. 🙂
                (2) Adore the Sculpt + Love the Color
                This is where the congas come in. 🙂 If it’s a favorite sculpt, I want one in every color that I like! I’ll happily skip over colors I don’t like, even if I love the sculpt, and stick with the ones that I think are the most beautiful.
                (3) Love the Sculpt + Meh on the Color
                For me this one will come down to “does it fit into a subcollection or ‘partner’ with another piece I own?’ Otherwise I’m going to pass, because there will always be another color option eventually.
                (4) Love the Color + Meh on the Sculpt
                (4a)This one is the hardest to resist! I’m trying not to add any more subcollections, so mostly I just sit on my hands to avoid “accidentally” ordering it and tell myself I’ll wait till the color comes out on a different sculpt. There have been several failures, though – I couldn’t resist color shift when it came out, and two color shift Cougars arrived to induct me into Cougar conga-ing <i>and</i> into Pebble collecting!
                (4b)There’s one exception to my “pass on this” response, which is ‘meh’ sculpts that match my biggest color subcollection. I have several ‘meh’ sculpts in White because they’re part of the family, when I would never buy them in any other color.

Everyone else, how do you prioritize your acquisitions?

Interested in buying or trading for: GB Pebble Sitting Red Fox in dark grey, Lap Dragon Test Paints (Water Sprite, Glacial Pearl, Opulence, Pastel Rainbow, and many others - see my Classifieds ad), Blue Morpho OW, GB Pebble Loaf dragons in blue/aqua/teal, and Griffin Test Paints (Black Rainbow or Frosted Jade).

Bodine
                Participant

I don’t.heeheehee If I have a way and I want it….done.☺️
                  I would turn loose of any of mine,with a few exceptions.I try not to get overly attached.

Kim
                  Blocked

I have a couple rules for buying too. I don’t use a credit card, just a pre-paid card, debit and PayPal so I can’t spend money I don’t have. So my rules are I must have the money on a card or in PayPal before buying. This means if I’m saving up for something I might work a trade show or do extra dog walking or list more stuff to sell to make the money. So if I sell something or am getting payments then I have extra money for the next thing.

I usually like to have an even number of each piece so if I have extras or an uneven number I will usually sell or trade a piece or buy another one to even out the numbers if I have room. But if I don’t have room I list things to make room for new pieces. That or I buy a new cabinet to make room for more pieces. I started with one cabinet and now I have 5 so you can see how well that worked. Haha.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

Aphelia
                    Participant

My collection is a bit small so far, but I do have a few rules when considering a new addition:
                      1) Does the color scheme bring you joy to look at?
                      2) Would the sculpture itself have a distinct, intriguing form in dim lighting?
                      3) Do the colors and/or sculpt go well with other members of the collection, and the general themes of the group?
                      4) Would I deeply regret not adding this piece to my collection?
                      Basically, I try to only go for the ones that evoke an immediate emotional response- something akin to the feeling when you see a kitten or a puppy, and ya just REALLY want to pet and hold it. A cuteness factor, if you will.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.