fbpx

Creating a Breyer Hippocampus ~ FINISHED!!!!!!

Home Forums Miscellany General Art Discussion Creating a Breyer Hippocampus ~ FINISHED!!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
  • Author

Thank you! all of the water and the stone are finished now. Time to start further on the tail and horse parts.

Recently married to the ever lovable BiPolarBear (little John)
    www.weaselsoneasels.com | www.facebook.com/weaselsoneasels

As seen on This is Life with Lisa Ling on CNN (2018) !
    Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

Pattern on horse not entirely final, but another progress update.

Always open for pyo commissions, repairs and fine artwork! Email me for current prices! awier(@)weaselsoneasels.com

MandBsMom
    Participant

OMG!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the pattern! That bright orange with the blue is gorgeous! Great great job!

Love baby kirins, safari poads, mini keepers, and anything BLUE, BLUE, and, oh yes, BLUE.

WolfenMachine
      Participant

It’s a koi-palousa! O.O 😀 gorgeous! I love how he/she is turning out so far! 🙂

Ela_Hara
        Participant

Niiiiiiiice!
          Fabulous Job on the Koi colors and Horse half. 😀

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
          Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
          Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
          *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Thanks so much you guys, your kind words really cheer me up, I’m trying so hard to get this finished, but struggling with health right now.

Stormbreeze
          Participant

This is simply beautiful. Get well soon; you deserve a break.

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Angelika_Zen
            Participant

That IS INCREDIBLE! You are amazing!!!! I truly enjoyed this thread. Thanks so much for sharing your work.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

drumroll….

He is finished. BUT i dont have pics yet, ill have them in a day or two once the horn is attached, booo for suspense…:3

Ela_Hara
              Participant

Yeaaaaaah!
                Can’t wait to see the finished piece! 🙂

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

With out further ado….drumroll…

(im enjoying the kitten gifs, cant ya tell?)

Leahs Breyer Sea Horse!!! All finished!!

(prior to horn antiquing)

Compared with my Peacock Secret Keeper for size reference:

Close up-s of face and mane after horn was antiqued:

The tail features a shimmer of magic sparkle paint over hand mixed pearly opalescent white paint with spotting in various shades of salmon and what seems to me like a creamsicle orange with black and grey speckle. The stone and waves were entirely hand painted and dry brushed to enhance the sculpted texture, white the fine silver details are in metallic leafing. He even has his own felt pad and custom foam inserts for his box (that I still have to blow up) He sports a Satin finish everywhere the sparkle paint is not.

What do you think? Throw your best critique at me, I am so happy to have him finished. :bigsmile:

WolfenMachine
                Participant

Gorgeous! She’s (he’s?) HUGE! Now, I hate to critique artists who are better at any skill than me (and that’s most lol) but to be really picky (because at first glance,-WOW!) I’d say where the horn is attached looks awkward. It doesn’t look like it could happen in the wild (assuming that hippocampi are real animals) and the angle of the horn too-I prefer unicorns with horns that have a 15-20 degree angle so it stands up a little more straight. Also, the silver stripes in the mane could be blended more. They seem a little harsh.

On the other paw, I LOVE the soft feathering of the red and orange patches on the tail, and the appaloosa spots. The texture of the rock is great too-I’m amazed you sculpted the whole thing (even though I have been stalking this thread ^_^) and I love the free flowing nature of the tail fins-great job! I’m thinking if there was a way to get the waves to be translucent if you did something like this in the future-maybe some sort of acrylic/resin? Totally kick it up a notch. Still love this one <3

Stormbreeze
                  Participant

She’s amazing! I love the blending (especially that of the horse part – beautiful), and the sculpture is superb. The one tiny imperfection I was able to find is that the place where the horn connects looks a little odd, but maybe that’s just me. (?)

[i]Keeping an eye out for fantasy gryphons and test paint dragons.[/i]

Kim
                    Blocked

I also noticed the shape and angle of the horn could be a little different but everything else looks great.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

dragonmedley
                      Participant

He’s magnificent! Majestic and elegant.

The only thing for me is the horn… I’m not sure that it’s necessary.

Congrats on finishing him 🙂

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
                        I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
                        http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 79 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.