Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Home Forums Miscellany Community Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 296 total)
  • Author
    drag0nfeathers
    Participant

That moment when you’re helping a customer and they suddenly grab their face mask and pull it down to their throat so they can spray a sudden wet sneeze at you and then put it back and carry on their end of the conversation like they didn’t just do that…

“What? I don’t want to sneeze in my mask.”
      “THAT’S LITERALLY WHAT IT’S FOR KAREN!”

How I have not gotten sick yet is a freaking miracle.

Got a busted Windstone?
      drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
      Siphlophis Male Dragon
      Calypso Hatching Empress
      Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
      Tattoo Mother Kirin
      Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
      Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
      Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
      Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
      Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
      Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Suzanne-Marie
      Participant

That’s so sad Drag0nfeathers….
        It’s not only the risk of getting sick…carriers can be asymptomatic..
        So sorry that happened to you ..
        Needless to say, I am glued to my mask 😷 except at home 🏡 sweet ♥️ home🏡.

Setsunawolf
        Participant

I feel sorry for people actually named Karen. Somehow their name has been ruined through no fault of their own.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
          Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
          Sun Dragon Koi #3

fatalbeauty
          Participant

ugh, sorry that happened to you, drag0nfeathers, people are just idiots….

my mask stays glued on anytime I go out, never comes off…

4 things I'm looking for:
            1. Mother Meerkat
            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF
            3. Female Griffin – Siamese with White
            4. September Raffle Prize 2022 AHD Male Griffin

Celestial Rainstorm
            Participant

I’ve gotten made fun of for my mask a couple of times (all by older white men, go figure). I’m sorry Drag0n, that’s awful especially with how hard you’re working for everyone else.

Finding happiness again.

Pegasi1978
              Participant

I’ve been pretty good about wearing my mask, but should be better about I’ll admit. I’ll put it on before I go into the store shopping, but once I’ve checked out and am outside on my way to my car I take it off. I do my shopping without the kids as often as I can, but will have to find/make another mask before i go today because I can’t leave them at home today.

I know I need to look at something different mask-wise in anticipation of the school year. We’re still working with Vance on tying his shoes so a mask that requires tying won’t be a good idea to go to school with. Plus I know we should have multiples so they can be rotated out for washing.

Ela_Hara
                Participant

I’ve ordered/bought a couple different masks and I’m making some myself out of bandanas. I found these articles if it helps you figure out what is best for you:

https://www.reviewed.com/style/best-right-now/best-face-masks

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/reviewedcom/2020/06/03/10-top-rated-cloth-face-masks-and-coverings-under-10-joann-etsy-and-more/111901632/

I do recommend having multiples though.

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                  Zeppard Adult Poads
                  Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                  *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

VS
                  Participant

If your son can’t manage mask ties, tie both top straps to either end of a rubber band so it acts like an elastic that goes behind your whole head instead. Repeat with both lower straps. Then he just pulls it over his head and done. I had to do something like that with my mom’s because she’s pretty much one-handed after her stroke and her facility has rules they have to wear masks outside their apartments, and they ussed only tie strap ones. Now she just pulls it on her head like a Halloween mask and goes off to do laundry or sit outside.

drag0nfeathers
                    Participant

I mean it is what it is. I’m used to it at this point but people are just so rude and ignorant it drives me nuts.

I had another guy (who happened to be a person of color) trying to explain this custom piece of furniture he wanted and he also pulled his mask off as if it somehow made it easier to understand him, (I understood him just fine, he just didn’t like my answers to his questions because we didn’t have what he wanted in stock unless I made it special order custom which costs a lot more then he was willing to spend) Anyway, when he took his mask off he moved closer to me and our elbows touched so I just took a step away out of respect because our bodies touched. I was still looking at the papers he was showing me and listening to him speak, but when I moved he stopped and said “What are you racist or something?” I was stunned silent for a second, hardly able to believe he just asked me that and said “Of course not, I just didn’t want to be on top of you when you aren’t wearing a mask.” He gave me an attitude the rest of the interaction… ugh… like really? With racism being such a hot topic at the moment you’re gonna say that to me? It’s just so mentally exhausting dealing with the public right now.

Got a busted Windstone?
                      *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                      Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                      Siphlophis Male Dragon
                      Calypso Hatching Empress
                      Tattoo Mother Kirin

Suzanne-Marie
                      Participant

Social distancing recommended is 6 feet with masks on; no touching.
                        Sorry you were mistreated yet again Drag0nfeathers…..

drag0nfeathers
                        Participant

No need to apologize, it’s just what essential workers have to deal with at this point. It’s become the new normal and it’s sad.

Got a busted Windstone?
                          *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                          Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                          Siphlophis Male Dragon
                          Calypso Hatching Empress
                          Tattoo Mother Kirin

fatalbeauty
                          Participant

so we got a call from the apartment office today, they wanted to ask if they could install new toilets tomorrow? why in the middle of the worst numbers for coronavirus in our state right do you think people want maintenance men walking through all our apartments to install new toilets? I know they say they’ll wear masks but still!

anyhoo, we told the lady we would rather wait due to hubby’s immunosuppressedness and they said okay, we’ll put it off until a later date…..so we’ll see if the guys can stay out tomorrow, I put a sign up on our door weeks ago stating “Please do not enter, immunocompromised!!!!” so hopefully they’ll listen and yes, immunocompromised is the wrong term for hubby but most people know one and not the other…..

1. Mother Meerkat
                            2. production color Sitting Young Oriental dragons to be made in more colors besides VF

Setsunawolf
                            Participant

I need another COVID test. My daughter also needs one. She and I are both symptomatic and we have been exposed to someone who tested positive.
                              I am super not excited about this.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                              Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                              Sun Dragon Koi #3

VS
                              Participant

I’m sorry you have to go through all that, dragonfeathers. You must have a lot of patience! I’d never last in your shoes.

Setsuna, I’m sorry to hear that! Hopefully if you got it it’s a mild case!

Crossing fingers for you, Fatal!

fatalbeauty
                                Participant

added a longer note to the door, hopefully that keeps them out….I know they’ll wear masks but I know they’re walking through everyone’s apartment and there’s the risk of spread that way on their feet….and again, I just don’t get why they want to do it now anyway, highest numbers in California right now but let’s install new toilets now!

besides Big Mac, our new kitten is in there, we can’t have them letting him out, they already let out Jinyxy many years ago in 2012 when they went in to check a leak even though they called first and we said wait until we got back since we were only 5-10 minutes at the most away…but they went in anyway, fortunately she hid in the house but it could’ve gone so much worse!

1. Mother Meerkat

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 296 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.