fbpx

Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Home Forums Miscellany Community Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 296 total)
  • Author
    Pegasi1978
    Participant

Since the kids have been home from school more and more I want to strangle my middle child. He is adhd-combined, and his hyperactivity is insane. He’s been on medication almost since the time he was diagnosed (we tried the no medication route and it didn’t work). It used to be we had very little problems with him at home so we were confused why when the teachers would fill out the quarterly medication evaluation forms and indicated problems. They would never give any indication in between the evaluations that things were problematic and his medicine wasn’t helping. He has a teleconfrence med check this week and I’m going to bring the fact that the med for his hyperactivity isn’t working and now I’m not sure it ever has been. His medicine for focus has been changed three times, but other than adjusting the strength (up or down) of his hyperactivity medication he’s on the same one. Something has to change or else I’m going to go insane.

sherry10151982
      Participant

I had and continue to have adhd and was diagnosed as a child. What medicine has he been on? I’ve been on different medications as well until I found one that works. I’ve been on vyvanse, adderall, concerta, and some others that I cannot remember. But adderall is the one that works the best for me. Hang in there; there’s a DNA test they can do to see what drugs work best with your body and it’s extremely helpful because instead of blindly changing medications and adding ones that probably aren’t good for your metabolism it will tell you what medications would work best for you. My insurance paid for it.

Pegasi1978
        Participant

For hyperactivity he’s been on Intuniv ER (Guanfacine) of various strengths. For focus he’s been on something I can’t remember, Ritalin LA (methyphenidate), and is currently on Strattera (atomoxetine). Our plan is mandatory generics so sometimes it’s hard to know the brand name for the medication he’s on.

We had stayed with non-stimulants due to side effects my husband had as a child and worry that our son might have some of those issues due to genetics. My husband had to be followed by a cardiologist for a time after being on too high a dose stimulant. Middle son isn’t 8 yet so that limits some choices as well.

Because of my work I’ve heard about the “GeneSight” testing. I don’t know if our insurance would pay for it. I also know that some insurers won’t accept the results for overriding criteria on medications that require prior authorization for the insurance to pay for it.

VS
          Participant

I would say can’t hurt to call your insurance and ask. Best way to find out. Worst they’ll say is no and that it won’t override the criteria. But then you’ll know. They might accept it tho, or you can ask to speak to a nurse liason and see if they can argue the case on your behalf. More and more insurance companies are hiring medical staff (doctors, nurses, therapists) to make decisions about such things.

Jennifer
            Keymaster

My parents own a bar/grill up in Wisconsin and serve food. They opened for the public again tonight after a several week cessation (they were doing carry out orders through a small window for several weeks, but that was limited contact). They’re trying to do as much social distancing and sanitation as possible but…if I’m going to be frank and a little uncouthe…I’m scared shitless for them. Neither of my parents are in great health and smoke like chimneys. I have extreme anxiety/depression and between this and some other issues going on my anxiety is through the absolute roof right now.

I’m so sorry to hear this. I really feel your anxiety on this one! If you ever need someone to talk to please let me know. I’m scared for my parents, too.

Volunteer mod- I'm here to help! Email me for the best response: nambroth at gmail.com
              My art: featherdust.com

Natasha
              Participant

My parents own a bar/grill up in Wisconsin and serve food. They opened for the public again tonight after a several week cessation (they were doing carry out orders through a small window for several weeks, but that was limited contact). They’re trying to do as much social distancing and sanitation as possible but…if I’m going to be frank and a little uncouthe…I’m scared shitless for them. Neither of my parents are in great health and smoke like chimneys. I have extreme anxiety/depression and between this and some other issues going on my anxiety is through the absolute roof right now.

Ugh, I’m sorry to hear it. I’m also anxious, and trying not to go out at all. I hope your parents are able to stay safe.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                ANY Red Eyed Unis
                ANY Test Paint Bat
                UNIS:
                The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                Male- Snow Leopard TP
                White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                Mother: Okapi
                Gothic - Mahogany
                PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Angelika_Zen
                Participant

My 75 year old aunt tripped in the Costco parking lot, and broke her fall with her face…not a single person offered to help her! I know we’re supposed to be practicing social distancing, but COMMON! Shame on all of them!

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

Setsunawolf
                  Participant

I would have stopped to help her. That’s shameful. I get being afraid but we cannot let fear stop us from helping one another.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                    Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                    Sun Dragon Koi #3

StormDancer
                    Participant

Angelika, I would have helped her. I understand folks wanting to be socially distant, especially if they are trying to protect someone at home who is immune compromised, but that is beyond shameful.
                      I wish people would quit panicking and use the common sense God gave an ant.

Looking for:
                      "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

Ela_Hara
                      Participant

Oh NO! I definitely would have stopped and asked her if she needed medical treatment, an ambulance or something!
                        I hope your 75 yr. old Aunt is okay! God Bless her!

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                        Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                        Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                        *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Suzanne-Marie
                        Participant

I certainly would have helped her; that is simply appalling no one offered her assistance…..
                          Sure hope she is OK…
                          Is there anything I can do to help??
                          Comfort Hugs
                          🧚‍♀️

sherry10151982
                          Participant

OMG!! The nerve of some people!! I would’ve definitely have helped her! Some people are just so caught up in their own issues that they loose their humanity it’s really quite sad. I’m hoping your aunt is okay!! Poor thing!

merrillannwhite
                            Participant

I hope she is doing ok. That really is shameful. Even if you are afraid to approach someone, you can at least ask if they are ok and get help if they need it.

drag0nfeathers
                              Participant

*sigh* So at my job where I do kitchen design we made these little plexiglass shields to put on our desks so we can still with with customers since we cannot social distance. It’s literally impossible since they want to look at our screens and see the renderings of their designs, etc. SO the plexiglass sits on the desk and gives us at least SOME kind of barrier.

Well… a lady comes in and insists on practically sitting on my lap while I do her design. Since she also pulled her mask down to her neck to sit with me I asked her politely if she could please sit behind the shield if she wasn’t going to wear her mask and she proceeded to remove her sunglasses so she could forcefully cough on my face with her tongue curled out to her chin and tell me she was going to Home Depot where the workers aren’t such paranoid little b*tches. How am I not getting hazard pay for this crap? Ugh…

Got a busted Windstone?
                                drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
                                *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
                                Arc-en-ciel Emperor
                                Siphlophis Male Dragon
                                Calypso Hatching Empress
                                Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
                                Tattoo Mother Kirin
                                Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
                                Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
                                Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
                                Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
                                Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
                                Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Natasha
                                Participant

God, what a complete bitch! I’m so sorry Drag0n! That’s assault and I’m so sorry you went through that.

Seeking Test Paints & GBs ! Please get in touch if you'd trade/sell. I'll remove pieces from list by owner request
                                  ANY Red Eyed Unis
                                  ANY Test Paint Bat
                                  UNIS:
                                  The Purple/Yellow Baby Uni of Awesome
                                  Male- Snow Leopard TP
                                  White Lighting Male, Pony, Colt and Grand - I have Mom, Baby, & Young
                                  Ponycorns: Golden Zebra and/or Spotted Skunk
                                  Mother: Okapi
                                  Gothic - Mahogany
                                  PEGS: Male Midnight Calico, Male Bloodstone, Mother Starlight Rain
                                  DRAGONS: Male Coyote

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 296 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.