Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Home Forums Miscellany Community Covid 19 Support/Whine thread

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 296 total)
  • Author
    Setsunawolf
    Participant

We are a very dirty species.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
      Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
      Sun Dragon Koi #3

Bodine
      Participant

Smog clearing,isn’t it wonderful?
        With the gorgeous sky overhead I would be inclined to think Mother Earth is thanking us.

Every act matters.No matter how small💞
        (Wanted......Brimstone Lap)
        Male Hearth....one day🤞Dream on.

pipsxlch
        Participant

Yes indeed.

Setsuna, so sorry for your family’s loss. Hugs and prayers.

Angelika_Zen
          Participant

Setsunawolf, I am just catching up… I am sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family. These are tough times for sure! 😩 Hang in there.

Wanted: "Dragon Fruit" Male Dragon ~ "Fire Berry", "Paradise", "Dragon Fruit", "Tie Dye" ~ The brighter, the better!

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

I’m sorry for your loss setsuna. This has been a nightmare for so many. My father-in-law passed from Covid on Friday. I didn’t make the 10 person cut off for the funeral so I will not be attending… instead I am back at work with the pinheads who are flooding into the store to buy lawn and garden items.

I had to park across the street at the GrandPrix Gaming Plaza (basically like a Dave and Busters for kids, which is closed due to the pandemic) because I couldn’t find a single parking space. This is ridiculous. We were only open for 3 hours and we made our sales for the entire day already. We’re at almost $300K on a day we were supposed to do around $60K and we still have 3 hours to go. People are everywhere. It’s chaos. They need to open these other businesses already… maybe not everything at once, but I can’t take much more of this.

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Bodine
              Participant

I hear you.Same thing where Jeff works.The company has given employees 80hrs.sick pay because of covid.So what do you think is happening.He said about 1/3 of the employees have been calling in daily.Meanwhile,with the company enjoying daily record breaking sells,they are not bringing in double staff to help the employees that are showing up as scheduled about to drop from exhaustion or walk out the door.
                We can’t wait for businesses and parks to open so they can ease up on the workers.Bored people going in droves to the home and garden supply stores when normally that only happens during Black Friday just to browse when,in any normal month, many would never walk into a Lowe’s or Home Depots.And leave the family home?Oh heck no. I was taking pics one day and a couple pulled up beside me with about 4mo.old twins! Dad looked at me and maybe I must have had a bad look on my face because he set back in the truck,spoke to his wife for a minute,then got out,gave me a screwed up look and went inside…by himself.Uh-huh,guilty much?Think people,use the brain you were given.What are the babies going to pick out?
                Eerything in their inventory can be viewed and bought online.Curb service and delivery available.

Bodine
                Participant

Hey,maybe Drive-Ins will come back.That would be awesome.I loved them.I bet a lot of you here have no clue but trust me,it is fun to sit under the stars and watch movies on the huuuge screen munching on pizza,popcorn and hotdogs

Ela_Hara
                  Participant

We used to go to Drive-ins a lot when I was a kid! The Family Event/Evening out!
                    There actually is still ONE operating Drive-in left in Maryland at Middle River in Baltimore – Bengies! It’s been in continuous operation since 1956! The screen was upgraded in 1973 and again with Digital projection in 2013. Maybe once it opens back up after our ‘stay at home’ orders are lifted we may go back just to see. The last time I was there was in the early 1970’s. ^_^

https://www.bengies.com/about/

IN SEARCH OF MY NEXT GRAILS:
                    Black Peacock & Butternut Adult Poads
                    Kickstarter 'Rainbow Tiger' Bantam Dragon

*~*~*~* Ela_Hara: The DragonKeeper *~*~*~*
                    *** Come visit me on deviantArt at http://ela-hara.deviantart.com

Bodine
                    Participant

AWESOME!!I hope they come back, solves the movie distancing problem.

StormDancer
                      Participant

Delta Colorado has had a drive in for years. It opened on March 11, 1955 with Randolph Scott in “Canadian Pacific” & Bud Abbott & Lou Costello in “The Naughty Nineties”
                        It is seasonal as to when it is open, it opens each May and runs every night through September. They do double features each night and new movies each weekend. Its a pretty cool place to go. $8 per carload of people and a great concession stand that does burgers, hotdogs, pizza and nachos along with the soda,popcorn and candy. Everyone has a good time.
                        Down in Grand Junction they used to (I think they still do) do a community event called Movie Under The Stars. It’s up on top of the national monument and the volunteer fire dept. shows the movie on the side of their building. Families bring a picnic and spread out across a field to watch.

Looking for:
                        "COSMIC SHIFT DRAGONS and KI-RINS" and the "OCTOPUS TANUKI TEST PAINT #1"

merrillannwhite
                        Participant

Setsunawolf and Drag0nfeathers, I am sorry for your losses. This is a tough time.

Talking about open businesses, I work at a Michael’s craft store, and they have been nuts. We are only allowing 10 people in the store at a time, but we had to tape out 6 foot markers on the sidewalk because of all the people waiting in line to get in. We can’t keep fabric, any kind of elastic or sewing machines in the store. Our buy online curbside pickup and shipping have been nuts too.

There is a drive in theatre near me too. I saw that they are opening back up this month, and the first weekends tickets are already sold out.

Bodine
                          Participant

Awesome,I hope places like those open up here and everywhere.

Kim
                            Blocked

We have movies in the park here where they put up a big inflatable screen in a community park and everyone can go for free and sit on lawn chairs or blankets and watch it. Some have food vendors you can buy popcorn or mini doughnuts from. I haven’t heard if they are going to allow that here again soon or not but now they said we can have groups of up to 15 people at things as long as it’s still social distancing and this week they allowed some businesses to open back up like dentists, chiropractors, doctors, eye doctors, etc. Next week more businesses will be opening and it will keep going in stages.

Looking for rainbow or pink & teal grab bags!

LZ
                              Participant

I wanted to buy grass seed months ago, but did not want to go to the store. Realized last night I should just buy it online. Duh!! My brain and thinking power is being quarantined.

Looking for...

Sitting young oriental dragon koi gold and white

KingBeast
                                Participant

My parents own a bar/grill up in Wisconsin and serve food. They opened for the public again tonight after a several week cessation (they were doing carry out orders through a small window for several weeks, but that was limited contact). They’re trying to do as much social distancing and sanitation as possible but…if I’m going to be frank and a little uncouthe…I’m scared shitless for them. Neither of my parents are in great health and smoke like chimneys. I have extreme anxiety/depression and between this and some other issues going on my anxiety is through the absolute roof right now.

Absolute Godtier wishlist
                                  Contusion Male Dragon painted by Brandi Wise
                                  Bantam Kickstarter dragon #102, "Alien", red/black colors with black eyes. Clone is fine. If you get one and want to get rid of it, PLEASE message me.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 296 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.