fbpx

Copperplate Gryphon Auction

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Copperplate Gryphon Auction

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 325 total)
  • Author
    Maria
    Participant

No kidding? Hm, Improbability Drive is functioning.
      (Yeah, I’m reading Douglas Adams right now. Gotta get through the Christmas books.) 😀

Melody wrote:

skigod377 wrote:

So, now can you tell us who the winner is? Anyone we know?

It isn’t a dark secret or anything.. The winner was a person in Japan! I don’t htink she is a forum member. ( it is hard to tell with all the differnt names on here.)

Wow, they must have lots of money because shipping is going to be a lot on top of that. Congrats to them.

Hmm…shipping to Japan to $30.55, according to the shipping calculator on the auction, so its not horrendous.

But this is curious — according to that calculator, shipping to Germany is $25.80. I wonder why the shipping charges are so much lower than what Watergazer and others mentioned in the other thread ($80, $125)?

Patricia
      Participant

mimitrek wrote:

Hmm…shipping to Japan to $30.55, according to the shipping calculator on the auction, so its not horrendous.

But this is curious — according to that calculator, shipping to Germany is $25.80. I wonder why the shipping charges are so much lower than what Watergazer and others mentioned in the other thread ($80, $125)?

They proabably get a better deal then the typical person as they probably ship more via that shipping service.

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

That makes sense…

Skigod377
        Participant

I thought $80 was crazy. I didnt know anything cost so much to ship.

Patricia
          Participant

skigod377 wrote:

I thought $80 was crazy. I didnt know anything cost so much to ship.

😆 Try shipping anything of weight next day air via any shipping service. 😆

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

Skigod377
            Participant

Oh yeah, I know next day is pricey, but im just talking shipping PYOs in general.

I wonder how much air would cost to ship. lol

Wait a minute — it only costs $25.80 to ship a 4 lb. package to Germany by airmail parcel post, according to the USPS website, which is exactly the same as the calculator on the Windstone auction page.

The only thing that’s in the $80-$100 range is if you use Global Express Guaranteed® Non-Document Service, which has a 1-3 day ship time (vs. 4-10 days).

Skigod377
              Participant

Not me. Water said it cost that much to ship something to China, or Japan… Somewhere like that…

Patricia
                Participant

Might it have something to do with insurance? I know getting things insured to go overseas tends to cost a bit more and may have to ship a faster/more expensive way to get tracking and insurance?

Well, shipping that same 4 lb. package to Japan via airmail parcel post (4-10 days) is $35.30 according to the USPS calculator, and insurance for $500 is $4.20.

So I guess whoever Water was shipping it to wanted it fast…

Tyrrlin
                  Participant

Man, and I wanted to win him…but by the time I got home from work the auction had already ended.

Guess I’ll just have to save the money, then. 😉

Windstone collector in remission. 😉

Whatcha gonna buy me? hehe J/K
                    What are you going to buy next?

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 325 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.