fbpx

Copperplate Gryphon Auction

Home Forums Windstone Editions General Windstone Copperplate Gryphon Auction

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 325 total)
  • Author

Keplilly wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

How come the bidders’ IDs are private? Did Windstone do that or can the bidders hide their names?

They probably did that so we would not know who we are bidding against anymore. That way we can’t get mad/argue with each other.

And people who may have felt inhibited about bidding might feel less so if its anonymous…

Maria
    Participant

That too. It’s just a little disturbing that we can’t be trusted to play fairly and maturely with this auction. πŸ˜•

SPark
      Participant

mimitrek wrote:

And people who may have felt inhibited about bidding might feel less so if its anonymous…

Ah. Yes, that too. *chuckles* The folks at Windstone are in it for the money, after all.

Greater Basilisk wrote:

That too. It’s just a little disturbing that we can’t be trusted to play fairly and maturely with this auction. πŸ˜•

Well, I think they might have been kind of worried about the discussion from the other thread, regarding who would/wouldn’t bid on this auction…it was kind of controversial. I think that doing the private listing was probably the best way to address the issue…

SPark wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

Ah. Yes, that too. *chuckles* The folks at Windstone are in it for the money, after all.

It is a business… πŸ™‚

Maria
        Participant

mimitrek wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Well, I think they might have been kind of worried about the discussion from the other thread, regarding who would/wouldn’t bid on this auction…it was kind of controversial. I think that doing the private listing was probably the best way to address the issue…

I agree. I’m not offended or anything. And I doubt we’ll miss whoever ends up winning him. πŸ˜€ We’ll still be able to see the price rocket.

SPark
          Participant

*nods*

In a way I wish people wouldn’t call dibs, even in jest. It makes me feel bad when I go ahead and get something anyhow.

But… I do go ahead and get it anyhow, if I can afford it. Not that I’m going to bid on any of Nambroth’s griffins! Not until I have a LOT more money to spare. They’re out of my league. (Most expensive purchase of mine is still my prototype OW, $250. There’s no way this is going that cheap, and the regal griffin, which I would like if I thought I had any chance of getting it, is going to go for lots too, I’m sure.)

So I suppose if folks want to call dibs, they can. *chuckles* And most of us will bid anyhow. As Ski said, “all’s fair in love and ebay.”

Maria
            Participant

Which prototype did you snag for $250, SPark? Seems like a great price…

SPark
              Participant

Emerald. I got the third to last one, #22, and given that they’d sold 21 other emeralds before him, and that emerald is available on regular OWs, he went cheap.

I’d love some of the more exciting newer colors, but… *shrugs* Not in the budget.

Maria
                Participant

Considering even regular production Emeralds go for more than $250 now they’re retired, you got a great deal.

Greater Basilisk wrote:

mimitrek wrote:

Greater Basilisk wrote:

I agree. I’m not offended or anything. And I doubt we’ll miss whoever ends up winning him. πŸ˜€ We’ll still be able to see the price rocket.

Yes, this will be an interesting auction to watch! I’m really curious to see how much he goes for.

SPark
                  Participant

Greater Basilisk wrote:

Considering even regular production Emeralds go for more than $250 now they’re retired, you got a great deal.

Yup! I was very pleased that I got him! The emerald old warrior is the very first Windstone I ever saw in my life, and immediately became the pinnacle of draconic perfection in my mind. I wanted one SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly! But I was 16, and had no money at all. But now I have one! He is the pride of my collection. And he shall not be surpassed until I manage to get my hands on a secret keeper.

Maria
                    Participant

πŸ˜† I can understand that completely. I like the OW more and more, especially after seeing Arlla’s circle of them. Aside from the Spectrals, he’s my favorite sculpt.

WolfenMachine
                      Participant

coming into this a bit late…but I think its good that Windstone made this a private listing. It will be fair now. She (or he) willing to pay the most, will get the most.

Or, maybe we just shouldn’t have all shared our ebay names forever ago haha

Skigod377
                        Participant

LOL! I saw the private ID thing and had to laugh! That is great!! I cant exactly hide my Ebay name anyway πŸ˜• I am watching him!! Hmmm…did I miss anything else?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 325 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.