fbpx

COOKIES!!!

Home Forums Miscellany Community COOKIES!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 132 total)
  • Author
    NirvanaCat13
    Participant

Cookie Tin Woes!

NOBODY sells friggin cookie tins! This is so sad…it’s like no one makes cookies for the holidays any more…. 🙄 I finaly just went to Rite Aid and picked up the large tins of those silly butter cookies for like $1.50 each, so I’ll distribute the butter cookies and use the tins =P

The sad part is, my grandmother used to have HUNDREDS of tins…but we threw them all away when we purged her house…. 🙄 Who knew.

Not to worry though, I have tins, I have enough, and you’re all getting cookies! LoL

P.S. Which is the best service to ship them with? I was thinking UPS…..?

Skigod377
      Participant

Dang. The px has the little tree/angel etc…shaped boxes just for sending cookies. I was looking at them tonight, thinking about picking some up jut to mail cookies. Then I decided I would wait till I made some cookies that were good enough to send to people.

Bob

UPS will not leave things at my house. USPS seems to work best for me. That is how I have everything sent. I’m back on the 1-9 shift as of the 26th so I can pick things up in the morning again

I find Party City usually has cookie tins. The other thing that works well are the plastic disposable glad containers – they usually do Christmas colored ones this time of the year. I read a helpful hint somewhere that pringle containers are the right size for cookies as well but you would probably have to plan for that months ahead of time and stockpile them.

Bob

you also have to make sure you make the cookies the right size to fit in them

True – could you imagine having to trim cookies to get them to fit?

Bob

That is exactly what I was thinking

NirvanaCat13
              Participant

ddvm wrote:

I find Party City usually has cookie tins. The other thing that works well are the plastic disposable glad containers – they usually do Christmas colored ones this time of the year. I read a helpful hint somewhere that pringle containers are the right size for cookies as well but you would probably have to plan for that months ahead of time and stockpile them.

Tins were 4 bucks each! at Party city, and they were smaller too…..Glad might have worked, but yet again not enough room, as for pringle containers, you’re funny if you think I make cookies that small! ROFL But it is a good idea! I was going for the tins instead of boxes because they keep things longer than cardboard/paper…..IMHO

NirvanaCat13
                Participant

Cookies have been sent to SPark, Dragonessjade, Quill, Cheryl, Mimi, Rockerbot, Laphon, and Frozen. I will be making more cookies this weekend, and will send them out Mon! Happy Holidays!

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

ddvm wrote:

Tins were 4 bucks each! at Party city, and they were smaller too…..Glad might have worked, but yet again not enough room, as for pringle containers, you’re funny if you think I make cookies that small! ROFL But it is a good idea! I was going for the tins instead of boxes because they keep things longer than cardboard/paper…..IMHO

4 bucks?! My Party City was selling them for $1.49-1.99.

NirvanaCat13
                  Participant

Party City is crap out here….it’s SoCal, they raise their prices on everything…. 🙄

frozendragon
                    Participant

I just got my tins from wally world…..they are pretty solid….and as far as I know made it everywhere ok…

Bob

HEY would tins be a good way to ship Wnidstones. If you can find one big enough?? of course it would then be wrapped in bubble wrap put in the tin then boxed with more bubble wrap or popcorn. Do you think the tin would be stronger then an internal box??

NirvanaCat13
                        Participant

Meh? You would be safe from puncture with the tins, but insofar as bendability, I think you are safer with double boxed with peanuts around the internal box…..if the tin crumples, you’re screwed.

Bob

well it was a thought

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 132 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.