fbpx

Coiled Mother Dragon

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Coiled Mother Dragon

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Patricia
    Participant

frozendragon wrote:

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

That’s why there are cowpie dragons now…..

yeah and I want that one in white…..hehe

Let me 2nd Frozen!

While hiding somewhere in my head I'm on the lookout for white oriental dragons! Please let me know if you know of any available. Thank you!

I 3rd frozen! I want some more whites πŸ˜€

Even though I may sound like a retard for asking…precisely what is a “cowpie” dragon? *laughs at self* πŸ™„

Skigod377
      Participant

WindstoneCollector wrote:

Even though I may sound like a retard for asking…precisely what is a “cowpie” dragon? *laughs at self* πŸ™„

The curled ones.

NirvanaCat13
        Participant

The new curled ones that came out in russet? There are pics in Melodys gallery..Look like little cowpies =P Actualy, I think they refer to all the small coiled dragons? not sure….

WolfenMachine
          Participant

I never saw the mother with egg until after the fact, but I like her lots more too. She has a grace about her, and the egg, to me, is more special than the glass globe. Like Cheryl said, she’s protecting her greatest hoard, I MEAN…treasure…A GOLDEN EGG 😈 mwaha!

only half kidding.

Bob

I totally LOVE my little curl russett dragon. That was the dragon I stooped by to pick up when I was in North Hollywood last week meeting all those that where there

Ahhh. TY I guess I never put the word “cowpie” with the dragons (comes from a farming community) since I have stepped in one a time or two… 😳

Melody wrote:

Lokie wrote:

OK, my first “Ask Melody” question, lol, please by kind. And sorry if it has been asked before.

Have you thought about releasing the Coiled Mother Dragon in a new color? I think the sculpt is beautiful and graceful, but, unfortunately, it is a little out of my price range on Ebay. I know you said you are trying to reduce the amount of things in production, so I just didn’t know if maybe the male might disappear and the mother reappear? Maybe, I don’t think that far ahead! The Coiled Mother is one of my favorites, but the male coiled dragon with the globe outsold her, so she got put aside for awhile. I think she would sell just as well as the male if she had a globe instead of an egg.

You know, if you could find an outlet for a palce that does fake stones in egg shapes, having a mother dragon guarding an egg made to look like a birthstone would be so darn cool… and I think a while back everyone was really interested in something for every birth month. It seems like a neat way to use an existing sculpt, but personalize it with birthstones rather than eggs or globes to make it all new again. πŸ˜€

Skigod377
              Participant

Clever idea! We were discussing something for birthmonths earlier but never came up with anything plausible. This is good!

Melody
                Keymaster

Arlla wrote:

whippetluv wrote:

I always hated to say that. But I agree…it just kinda cheesy to me. I have the sun dragon..and my spouse loves the marble, and I hate it. ha! But I still want all the dragons with them. I would say teh better sales of the male have more to do with the amount of detail and the knotted curls than the “ugly” marble.

I’m feeling cantankerous today, so I’ll say anything. 😈
                  I can tolerate the marble on the orientals, because I just LOVE the dragons so much. But I really think that’s why I havn’t bought a coiled dragon yet…that marble is just so central to it, since he’s so small, it’s all I can see when I look at him. I guess it’s just that I’ve seen so many of those exact same marbles sold for like 10 cents a piece for fish bowl decorations…you can get a whole bag of them at Micheals for $2…Just seems to bring down the richness and uniqueness of the sculpture. But that’s just my own personal opinion.
                  They are not marbles, folks!
                  Look at them closely. Notice they have no flaws, no bubbles, no yellowish or greenish cast…They are optically clear lead crystal globes that we have custom coated with a reflective mirrored back.
                  The candle lamp eyes are marbles, but the globe that the innerlight cowpie dragon is holding in his paws and the one the Cat Wizard is holding are the lead crystal balls.The frog wizard has a larger lead crystal ball of the same quality but without the coating on it.

Melody
                  Keymaster

Ahhh. TY I guess I never put the word “cowpie” with the dragons (comes from a farming community) since I have stepped in one a time or two… 😳

Some of the sculptures have nick names that we use. It usually isn’t compimentary. Cowpies are the dragon designs that are shaped like cowpies.Cowpie candle lamp, mother cowpie etc.
                    I’ve stepped in a few. Once with a cow’s foot on top of mine.

Melody
                    Keymaster

Nytetyger wrote:

Melody wrote:

Lokie wrote:

OK, my first “Ask Melody” question, lol, please by kind. And sorry if it has been asked before.

Have you thought about releasing the Coiled Mother Dragon in a new color? I think the sculpt is beautiful and graceful, but, unfortunately, it is a little out of my price range on Ebay. I know you said you are trying to reduce the amount of things in production, so I just didn’t know if maybe the male might disappear and the mother reappear? Maybe, I don’t think that far ahead! The Coiled Mother is one of my favorites, but the male coiled dragon with the globe outsold her, so she got put aside for awhile. I think she would sell just as well as the male if she had a globe instead of an egg.

You know, if you could find an outlet for a palce that does fake stones in egg shapes, having a mother dragon guarding an egg made to look like a birthstone would be so darn cool… and I think a while back everyone was really interested in something for every birth month. It seems like a neat way to use an existing sculpt, but personalize it with birthstones rather than eggs or globes to make it all new again. πŸ˜€ We tried! That was my original intention for the piece, but we just couldn’t find anything suitable that was small enough. So we just cast one out of pewter.

Arlla
                      Participant

Melody wrote:

They are not marbles, folks!
                        Look at them closely. Notice they have no flaws, no bubbles, no yellowish or greenish cast…They are optically clear lead crystal globes that we have custom coated with a reflective mirrored back.
                        The candle lamp eyes are marbles, but the globe that the innerlight cowpie dragon is holding in his paws and the one the Cat Wizard is holding are the lead crystal balls.The frog wizard has a larger lead crystal ball of the same quality but without the coating on it.

Sorry! I guess I’m not a connosseiur of glass globes… as flawless as they may be, they still look like marbles to me. But at least now I know they’re better. ^_^

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                        -J R R Tolkien

SPark
                        Participant

If you get a good look at one in person, you can tell! I thought they were just particularly nice marbles, and then I got my first coiled dragon, and I just stared at it, because it was so neat looking!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.