fbpx

Coiled Mother Dragon

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Coiled Mother Dragon

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Participant

SPark wrote:

If you get a good look at one in person, you can tell! I thought they were just particularly nice marbles, and then I got my first coiled dragon, and I just stared at it, because it was so neat looking!

Isn’t it though?! They are really nice. They are kind of mesmerizing!

Melody
      Keymaster

Arlla wrote:

Melody wrote:

They are not marbles, folks!
        Look at them closely. Notice they have no flaws, no bubbles, no yellowish or greenish cast…They are optically clear lead crystal globes that we have custom coated with a reflective mirrored back.
        The candle lamp eyes are marbles, but the globe that the innerlight cowpie dragon is holding in his paws and the one the Cat Wizard is holding are the lead crystal balls.The frog wizard has a larger lead crystal ball of the same quality but without the coating on it.

Sorry! I guess I’m not a connosseiur of glass globes… as flawless as they may be, they still look like marbles to me. But at least now I know they’re better. ^_^ These are also what we use for eyes in the Spectral dragons and I had intended to use these for eyes in the outdoor
        “Spirit Wolf” which we still haven’t produced. I realized a problem with that idea… if one of these globes should come loose from the eyesocket of an outdoor sculpture and lay on the ground it could start a fire! They are so clear, they could be dangerous.A marble won’t do that!

WolfenMachine
        Participant

Melody wrote:

These are also what we use for eyes in the Spectral dragons and I had intended to use these for eyes in the outdoor
          “Spirit Wolf” which we still haven’t produced. I realized a problem with that idea… if one of these globes should come loose from the eyesocket of an outdoor sculpture and lay on the ground it could start a fire! They are so clear, they could be dangerous.A marble won’t do that!
          Well I hope that by the time he gets produced, the eyes can be fixed into the sockets really well, because I think the spectral eyes on a wolf would be gorgeous! (Or a smaller indoor wolf, if/when that one gets produced *nudge nudge*)

Bob

Fire is not fun!! When my house burned down I realy learned how much fun it was not!!

Melody wrote:

Arlla wrote:

Melody wrote:

They are not marbles, folks!
            Look at them closely. Notice they have no flaws, no bubbles, no yellowish or greenish cast…They are optically clear lead crystal globes that we have custom coated with a reflective mirrored back.
            The candle lamp eyes are marbles, but the globe that the innerlight cowpie dragon is holding in his paws and the one the Cat Wizard is holding are the lead crystal balls.The frog wizard has a larger lead crystal ball of the same quality but without the coating on it.

Sorry! I guess I’m not a connosseiur of glass globes… as flawless as they may be, they still look like marbles to me. But at least now I know they’re better. ^_^

These are also what we use for eyes in the Spectral dragons and I had intended to use these for eyes in the outdoor

That’s an interesting bit of info. But it wouldn’t be a problem for me…all of my outdoor Windstones will always stay indoors… ๐Ÿ˜†

Unless they are by windows and then the eye could still cause fire. Right?

Melody
            Keymaster

dragonessjade wrote:

They can only start fires if they are loose, so full sun can hit the top of the globe and focus directly underneath, and then it happens to be focusing full sunlight directly onto flamable kindling, like, say, dry leaves or grass. If the sides of the globe are hidden,like in the Spectrals, the sun can’t pass through them to focus.

dragonessjade wrote:

I know the paint isn’t supposed to fade, but I’m kind of paranoid and no sunlight ever touches my Windstones… ๐Ÿ™‚

Bob

mimitrek wrote:

dragonessjade wrote:

I know the paint isn’t supposed to fade, but I’m kind of paranoid and no sunlight ever touches my Windstones… ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m with you sepecially since so many of my Windstones are now retired

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.