fbpx

Coiled Mother Dragon

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody Coiled Mother Dragon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Lokie
    Participant

OK, my first “Ask Melody” question, lol, please by kind. And sorry if it has been asked before.

Have you thought about releasing the Coiled Mother Dragon in a new color? I think the sculpt is beautiful and graceful, but, unfortunately, it is a little out of my price range on Ebay. I know you said you are trying to reduce the amount of things in production, so I just didn’t know if maybe the male might disappear and the mother reappear?

Lokie
      Participant

Why would Windstone WANT to discontinue any dragon statues??

Bob

if they do not sell they don’t get made anymore

Well I am going to be very disappointed if the only ones I can collect are mother, father, young, fledgling, occasional lap, occasional OW, and Emperors!! That gets BORING!

Skigod377
          Participant

CherylKaufman wrote:

Well I am going to be very disappointed if the only ones I can collect are mother, father, young, fledgling, occasional lap, occasional OW, and Emperors!! That gets BORING!

LOL, Poor Cheryl!

Melody
            Keymaster

Lokie wrote:

OK, my first “Ask Melody” question, lol, please by kind. And sorry if it has been asked before.

Have you thought about releasing the Coiled Mother Dragon in a new color? I think the sculpt is beautiful and graceful, but, unfortunately, it is a little out of my price range on Ebay. I know you said you are trying to reduce the amount of things in production, so I just didn’t know if maybe the male might disappear and the mother reappear? Maybe, I don’t think that far ahead! The Coiled Mother is one of my favorites, but the male coiled dragon with the globe outsold her, so she got put aside for awhile. I think she would sell just as well as the male if she had a globe instead of an egg.

Awww, I love the egg- it’s like a mom with her only child and that child is very precious to her so she curls around it to protect it…way more so than a silly glass globe 🙂

SPark
              Participant

See, I don’t care about globe vs. egg, but I found the pose of the coiled male to be much more interesting. The mother is just a head and wings sticking up out of a very regular circular curl, while the male goes over and under and has claws and seems more dynamic.

Arlla
                Participant

I feel just the opposite – I like the pose of the mother coiled dragon much more than the male coiled dragon. Though I have to admit, I really do like the egg. I like it better than the globe – the globes just look like cheap marbles to me.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                  -J R R Tolkien

Arlla wrote:

I feel just the opposite – I like the pose of the mother coiled dragon much more than the male coiled dragon. Though I have to admit, I really do like the egg. I like it better than the globe – the globes just look like cheap marbles to me.

I always hated to say that. But I agree…it just kinda cheesy to me. I have the sun dragon..and my spouse loves the marble, and I hate it. ha! But I still want all the dragons with them. I would say teh better sales of the male have more to do with the amount of detail and the knotted curls than the “ugly” marble.

Arlla
                  Participant

whippetluv wrote:

I always hated to say that. But I agree…it just kinda cheesy to me. I have the sun dragon..and my spouse loves the marble, and I hate it. ha! But I still want all the dragons with them. I would say teh better sales of the male have more to do with the amount of detail and the knotted curls than the “ugly” marble.

I’m feeling cantankerous today, so I’ll say anything. 😈
                    I can tolerate the marble on the orientals, because I just LOVE the dragons so much. But I really think that’s why I havn’t bought a coiled dragon yet…that marble is just so central to it, since he’s so small, it’s all I can see when I look at him. I guess it’s just that I’ve seen so many of those exact same marbles sold for like 10 cents a piece for fish bowl decorations…you can get a whole bag of them at Micheals for $2…Just seems to bring down the richness and uniqueness of the sculpture. But that’s just my own personal opinion.

"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."
                    -J R R Tolkien

Maria
                    Participant

I like both of ’em, and I’d buy both of ’em if they ever get released in a new color.

NirvanaCat13
                      Participant

That’s why there are cowpie dragons now…..

frozendragon
                        Participant

Nirvanacat13 wrote:

That’s why there are cowpie dragons now…..

yeah and I want that one in white…..hehe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.