fbpx

Bayou's PYO thread: kimono uni #3

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Bayou's PYO thread: kimono uni #3

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 716 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

Those minis are amazing! My eyes aren’t what they used to be and I have to use one of those magnifying glass stands to paint details. These would definitely be out of the question for me. 😮

bayoudragon
      Participant

Here’s the kirin. He’s my favorite so far. Although… the way the keeper is coming along, that may change. 😀

He has a bunch of subtle colors that just do not show up in the pictures. He has a little more purple to him, but my camera HATES purple. It never comes out right. He has an extremely obnoxious and bright base coat (yellow, orange, and blue), but when you add the rest of the layers, it just makes the final colors more vivid. His scales have a light iridescent coating brushed on them, and then I put purple interference on his shoulders, along his belly, and on his rump. This one really is a lot prettier in person.

And OMG… I love the fact that he has little muntjac-like teeth! 😆

A big thanks to Leigha for trading eyes with me! I won’t have a Mardi Gras dragon, but blue is my favorite color, so I am very happy! She will be roughly based off my avatar. 😀

Adaneth
        Participant

I saw him on the gallery–I think he’s just gorgeous! Beautiful work–I especially like the black around the eye and the shading on the face. 😀

dragonmedley
          Participant

Saw him in the gallery too. Just love him!

Read my books! Volume 1 and 2 of A Dragon Medley are available now.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/mybooks.htm
            I host the feedback lists, which are maintained by drag0nfeathers.
            http://www.sarahjestin.com/feedbacklists.htm

drag0nfeathers
            Participant

Wow! they’re all beautiful!

Got a busted Windstone?
              drag0nfeathersdesign@gmail.com
              *OPEN for repairs*

*SEEKING GRAILS*
              Arc-en-ciel Emperor
              Siphlophis Male Dragon
              Calypso Hatching Empress
              Ivory Moss Sitting Baby Kirin
              Tattoo Mother Kirin
              Emerald Tabby Male Griffin
              Tie Dye + Orion Hatching Royalty
              Indigo Rockfish + Flame Tabby Little Rock Dragons
              Dragon Quail + Obsidian Frost Old Warriors
              Betta Sun Dragon + Male Dragon
              Dreamscape, Orion, Poison Dart, Fireberry, Spangler + Tigerberry Dragons

Zelda
              Participant

Gorgeous ki-rin! I love those bold colors, really nice job while still making it look realistic and shaded.

Forever seeking: Blackwatch the raffle Old Warrior, Jennifer Miller's pieces, and GB Baby unis!

bayoudragon
                Participant

Thanks guys! :hi:

lamortefille
                  Participant

That’s lovely! 😀

Beautiful Ki-RIn! Wish I collected those too! 😀

bayoudragon
                    Participant

OMG! I sooooo need a new computer! 😡 I just went visit family, and I showed them my PYO pics. *ACK* Apparently, their monitor is waaaay better than mine. I noticed that some of the backgrounds that I blacked out for my PYOs are just awful! omg… it’s horrible! I didn’t see that at all, especially on my Solstice pics. What crappy photoshop editing! :puke:

Here’s hoping you can’t see it and that the rest of you have crappy monitors, too! 😆

bayoudragon
                      Participant

Okay, I’m STILL working on the keeper…. still. I did nothing but paint this weekend, and I’m still not finished. :spank: But she’s turning out to be my favorite… I’m biased though, because I did her in my favorite colors like my avatar. Thank you, Leigha, for trading eyes with me!

Here’s a little sneak peek of her head (which is done). You will just have to wait for the rest! 😛

I think I am leaning towards the name Aurora…

Leigha
                        Participant

oh wow…gorgeous!

<3 you're more the welcome! Thank you for the red eyes ^^

Pegasi1978
                          Participant

That looks pretty! I can’t wait to see it all finished.

Stephanie
                            Participant

Wow, that’s incredible! She looks fabulous so far!

Adaneth
                              Participant

Wow! I really like what I’m seeing. Nice work–looking forward to seeing her done! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 716 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.