fbpx

Bayou's PYO thread: kimono uni #3

Home Forums Windstone Editions Paint-Your-Own Windstone Bayou's PYO thread: kimono uni #3

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 716 total)
  • Author
    LadyFirebird
    Participant

You did a lovely job! Good idea to keep it simple for your first PYO! I’m with dragonmedley about the mane–maybe a shade darker or some shading to bring out the eyes? I’m practicing on a Muse right now and have 4 PYO griffins (love griffins!), a kirin and a winged wolf waiting in the wings for me to get better at this.

Maybe we should get a thread for first time PYOs to post and have the experts give us advice. ๐Ÿ™‚

bayoudragon
      Participant

Yes, I completely understand about the mane thing (yep, those are green gems). I actually wrestled with it for a while. There was never any planning time for her. The concept of the classic strawberry roan image with the dark head and legs was burned into my brain before I ever opened her box. LOL! I considered making her neck darker for contrast, but I just couldn’t change it. The image was stuck in my head! And I didn’t go darker with the mane color, because I wanted to keep her blonde. I couldn’t name her Strawberry Blonde otherwise! ๐Ÿ˜†

So the only compromise I could think of at the time was to edge around her mane in a darker color. It edging shows up better in the second picture than in the first, and it’s a little more noticeable in person. But yeh, completely understand. I’ll be sure to plan the others. 8)

Oh, always feel free to give me criticisms or feedback. Some people are sensitive to such things, but I’m always open to it.

Maybe we should get a thread for first time PYOs to post and have the experts give us advice. ๐Ÿ™‚

That sounds like a good idea if the experts wouldn’t mind giving advice :). So far I’m truly thankful for the PYO tutorial, guides on the forum and special thanks to Jennifer who’s been a tremendous help in answering my questions, thank you again! :D.

I only have two PYO’s right now and have to admit, I kind of have cold feet right now in getting started…they’re beautiful already so I’ll probably go for simple this time to not detract from the original sculpture, or something.

Good luck with yours! I’m always looking forward to viewing the latest PYO additions to the gallery here :).

bayoudragon
        Participant

Well, the next one I am going to paint will be the Muse. While I wait for my shipment to arrive, I decided to order some chinese take-out so I could get a fortune cookie message for it. HA! I just about fell out of my chair. It read…

A small lucky package is on its way to you soon. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Can’t wait ’til it gets here! ๐Ÿ˜†

Amanda
          Participant

bayoudragon wrote:

Well, the next one I am going to paint will be the Muse. While I wait for my shipment to arrive, I decided to order some chinese take-out so I could get a fortune cookie message for it. HA! I just about fell out of my chair. It read…

A small lucky package is on its way to you soon. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Can’t wait ’til it gets here! ๐Ÿ˜†

ROFL-that’s great!! ๐Ÿ˜† None of my muse have a fortune-darn chinese place here closed a few years ago :K

bayoudragon
            Participant

Nooo, I could not live without my Chinese take-out!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Or the wonderful Japanese restaurant on the corner. Mexican, Italian, Greek… ummm, I LOVE world food! :yum:

If you PM me your address, I’ll send you some fortune cookies the next time I get some. ๐Ÿ˜€

Pegasi1978
              Participant

If I remember right Wal-Mart sells fortune cookies in the Asian food section of the grocery store half. I’d bet other grocery stores might as well.

bayoudragon
                Participant

Well, I received my package… and oh my gosh, the muse has to be the cutest thing I’ve ever seen! ๐Ÿ˜† I’m definitely going to get more. I will say this though, planning out all the sections is going to be a challenge!

bayoudragon
                  Participant

My muse is done! I just have to make her sign. ๐Ÿ™‚

This one was definitely challenging, but soooo much fun! ๐Ÿ˜€ I am definitely getting more of these. WOOT!

The griffin is next.

siberakh1
                    Participant

Very nice! Such a lovely colorful Muse. ๐Ÿ™‚

Amanda
                      Participant

Ack! I love her! lol, loving those bright yellow feet! ๐Ÿ˜†

Pegasi1978
                        Participant

I like! I still need to pull my muse back out and paint her, along with a griffin I recently got. I have ideas for the griffin, but not the muse.

bayoudragon
                          Participant

Eleu, yes, the feet! After I uploaded the pic from my camera, I instantly said… “OMG, I gave her Big Bird feet!” ๐Ÿ˜†

Pegasi, I find the muse takes a bit of planning out due to all the different parts and textures, but that’s probably why I enjoyed painting her so much. I definitely want to get more!

Here’s my first griffin. I named him “Solstice” due to the warm tones and the fact that the summer solstice just passed. He has a few pretty coppery accents lightly brushed on the darker parts, but they didn’t show up for the camera. *grumble*

I am very pleased with him. ๐Ÿ™‚

I am going to try the kirin next.

Jasmine
                            Participant

Oh, I like him!!

Pegasi1978
                              Participant

Solstice is gorgous!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 716 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.