fbpx

BARN SWALLOW DRAGONS!!!!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody BARN SWALLOW DRAGONS!!!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Hannah
    Participant

Its just bad business practice, and on the customer’s end it seems selfish. Why WOULDN’T you produce something that would (a) make your customers happy, and (b) make you money? As an artist and a business person myself, I CONSTANTLY produce things that I don’t personally like. Why? Because it makes me money, and it keeps my customers happy!

This is not the first time I’ve been disappointed with either decisions made by Windstone, or the way they’ve handled things, so it is not by ANY means a first time “offense” in my eyes.

I’m just getting fed up.

Commission spots are currently closed! Please message me for details.
      Please visit My Webpage to see my art and PYO's that I've done in the past!

Kiya
      Participant

I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree then. ๐Ÿ™‚

Pam

We haven’t come out with any new LP or production colors for the big dragons in quite a while. I know we are always trying to restock old colors, so another factor playing into all of this could just be that we don’t have time to worry about a brand new dragon color, regardless of how much anyone likes or dislikes it. I think Copper Patina was the last big dragon color to come out, but it was only invented as a way to save bad castings.

Wampus Dragon
          Participant

Personally I think Windstone is overdue for a shiny new color…

But I DONT think it should be Barn Swallow. Yech. Some people DONT like it. I agree with Melody and John. It clashes in the worst ways. >.>

Blue Ice on the other hand….

PurpleTurtle
            Participant

Personally I think Windstone is overdue for a shiny new color…

But I DONT think it should be Barn Swallow. Yech. Some people DONT like it. I agree with Melody and John. It clashes in the worst ways. >.>

Blue Ice on the other hand….

Yeah, I guess some of us have no taste, Wampus *lol*….
              But with that said, wouldn’t complain if they did Blue Ice. In end, it’s whatever Winstone want’s and are able to produce. If they make something I don’t like – I don’t need to buy it ;).

scenceable
              Participant

There are still quite a few things in each colour missing though right? Like not every dragon has been produced in amethyst, silver and rainbow(?). So I can see why they’d want to wait a bit for a new colour. Not sure if Melody and John are necessarily vetoing Barn Swallow, it’s possible they aren’t thinking seriously about which colour they want to introduce yet and were just expressing surprise at how popular it is.

I haven’t really mentioned this because I don’t really buy dragons so don’t think my opinion counts for much, but I agree with Wampus in disliking the colour as well. I don’t necessarily hate it, but there are others I like much, much more. Aside from pink and lavender pearl, I think since I’ve joined the forum the only colour I’d really like to see in production for dragons is turquoise.

As a compromise I suggest that you guys just get PS to paint a whole ton more Barn Swallows for ebay. Like 3-4 of each dragon, then lots of people can get one and you can decide on an LP later.

scenceable
                Participant

I would also like to add, that bringing the orientals into production and fixing the pewter horn issue are, to me, much more important/ exciting than finding a new LP colour… hehe ๐Ÿ˜›

Susie
                  Keymaster

…just want to remind everyone that the Barn Swallow color is still a “maybe” per Melody… no decision has been made on whether it will be a production or limited production color or just remain a “test paint”…

PurpleTurtle
                    Participant

…just want to remind everyone that the Barn Swallow color is still a “maybe” per Melody… no decision has been made on whether it will be a production or limited production color or just remain a “test paint”…

I sure hope so. Even if they made a dozen of each dragon for ebay I still wouldn’t be able to compete with the big spenders. Please seriously consider it Melody :)!

Setsunawolf
                      Participant

I would love to see VF as the next production or LP color. I don’t particularly care for BS (Barn Swallow). It look a lot like BS to me. I love the blue on top but they are sitting on a pile of S.

As for the colors Melody and John decide to produce, they have a ton of requested colors, and I think it is unfair to get upset because they don’t agree w/ someone else’s likes. Melody HATED my blue sparkle sun dragon, so much she refused to let him be signed, but he sold in the upper 800s and I love him, and I’m his second owner, so other people loved him too. I don’t take it personally that Melody hated him; we just don’t have the same tastes, and that’s okay.

If you don’t care for someone’s business practices that’s okay too, but please keep the negativity to yourself. There is no reason to air dirty laundry on a public forum. That is what pms are for, and this is all I am going to say on that matter.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                        Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                        Sun Dragon Koi #3

Adaneth
                        Participant

I don’t like Barn Swallow either, but I’m 100% behind Melody and co getting to choose which colors they do and do not produce, because it’s their business and their hard work over many years, and I respect their art and their product, even if they decide they don’t like the colors I love (black emerald and blue ice). I want them to keep making wonderful art and making a living off of it, despite these tough economic times, for many years to come. Since when should personal business be run like a democracy anyway? They have been more than generous with the monthly raffles and answering a few of the many pestersome squeaks, and now these new ‘quests’ and all the work of the grab bag critters…they’ve been so kind!

I shall get off my soapbox now…:shy:

WolfenMachine
                          Participant

Well I love Barn Swallow-and Violet Flame, AND Ice Blue. Ice blue is great, but its pretty much just blue in varying shades. What I love so much about Barn Swallow is that its so many colors-orange, yellow, blue-it kind of looks tropical with the melon-like colors. Yes, I agree, Pam-we squeak for a lot of different things, but it seems Barn Swallow has a HUGE following. And, to be fair, there are people here that very much dislike some of the current production colors like Black Gold, Amethyst, and past production colors like Red Fire, Emerald, White. Its impossible to win over everyone, but this color is getting a LOT of love-more than others I’d say.

Is there any way to test market the Barn Swallow color in stores? Send a couple of fledglings to random stores in the US and see how they sell? Or, for a cost effective way-how about sending a brochure with photos of the barn swallow and Ice Blue colors to retailers with a “Well, what do you think?” type of message. The retailers could display the brochures so their Windstone customers (many that are probably not on the forum) could see these colors and decide too. Maybe they could send emails to a certain email adress like “newcolor@windstoneeditions.com” or something to say what they think of the color.

I mean, I collect other stuff too, but I don’t join forums for much else, so I wouldn’t know if the company came out with something “awesome beyond awesome”. If there were brochures at my local retailer, you bet I’d voice my opinion to the company of “um, THAT is awesome, you should totally make it!” type thing.

Setsunawolf
                            Participant

I think it’s all the yellow and the brown that turn me off, but I tend to prefer cool colors, and those are warm colors. I’d like to see a dragon in the varying shades of blue used in Barn Swallow.

However, there are many people who love this color, and I can cheerfully say have at ’em–keep producing them for ebay. It saves my pocketbook because I’m not tempted in the least.:) Good for me. Good for Windstone. Everyone’s happy. So squeek, squeek, squeek.

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Setsunawolf
                              Participant

That’s me squeeking w/ you guys. ๐Ÿ™‚

Sun Dragon Koi #3

Skeeterdeee
                                Participant

I agree with Melody and John, I don’t think the colors compliment each other at all. **covers head**
                                  But you have to admit, it seems that not a day goes by when we squeak for another color (today included). It’s hard to choose a new color when so many colors are wished for.

On a side note: Did you ever wonder if our eyes are like comuter monitors? You know, like that colors look differently though other people eyes? Did you ever have one of those arguements with somewhen when looking at something they say it’s blue, but it clearly looks green to you? This is one of those situations where I wonder if our eyes all see colors differently. Just something I’ve been pondering. ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 129 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.