fbpx

BARN SWALLOW DRAGONS!!!!!

Home Forums Windstone Editions Ask Melody BARN SWALLOW DRAGONS!!!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Kiya
    Participant

Twilight curlie? *cries* Why oh why didn’t I come here sooner?!? LOL

Mike
      Participant

Twilight was an artist’s edition on curlies, mother coileds, laps, and SK’s, so technically if Twilight was ever made production/LP, it could never be made on those 4 sculpts. However, I would love to see something similar to twilight made production or LP on all dragons.

Barnswallow has mixed feelings just like any color, you can not satisfy everyone. There are decisions we are not privy to and then feelings. we are all here because we like Windstone so they must be doing something right. If you have lost that love then like most things you can simply not collect it anymore, sort of like changing a channel when something you no longer like is on.
        As for another color similar to Twilight, I am sure there will be dozens of squeaks for Ash Blue when it shows up. I am sure they will find a good new color when it comes time for a new one. Yes there is still a number of issues we all are screaming about, types filled in on past production colors. As well as these forums and the site search.
        I for one support what they have done and have so for some 21 yrs.
        Thanks Windstone!

Pam

Ash Blue was also an Artist’s Edition color (on a Curlie, and an SK).

Setsunawolf
          Participant

Don’t the ebay auctions say these colors may become LP? “Like with all of our test painted pieces, it is possible that we will paint more of these Poads™s in a color similar to this as production or limited production in the future.”

That clause should allow all the sculpts to be fair game. Unless these were older pieces that did not include this clause.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
            Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
            Sun Dragon Koi #3

Wampus Dragon
            Participant

If Im not mistaken, thats the difference between a test paint and an artists edition. The test paints have that clause. The artists edition is limited to the amount the artist paints.

Setsunawolf
              Participant

It depends what the ebay auction said. If that clause was there then the scuplts are fair game. Even if they are artist’s editions. We’d have to look at the posting for the color and piece.

Looking for Blue Fawn Baby Kirin
                Sanguine Oriental Test Paints, kinglet
                Sun Dragon Koi #3

Pam

No Artist’s Edition has ever had the “might become a LP color” clause. Wampus is correct, that is the difference between Artist’s Editions and test paints. This is the reason we rarely do Artist’s Editions anymore, because we were “killing” so many great new color schemes by calling them Artist’s Editions instead of test paints (like… Twilight).

However, Olimpia’s pieces do have the benefit of being far more complicated than any Production or LP color (in many cases, she airbrushed many of the scales individually with 2-3 colors each). So I think we could do a simplified color scheme similar to twilight, under a different name, and be able to get away with it being LP or production. PS painted a male dragon last week that is like a very simple twilight, and darker.

kitsunelady
                  Participant

Rainbow was a superior color to BS, just sayin’. >.>

And Blue Ice is the best blue color since Twilight. And since its unlikely we’ll ever get Twilight as production(since the color has been known forever and hey, its still only on ebay pieces), Im gonna squeak the next best thing.

I can’t agree with any of that. <3 Rainbow was supposedly not only a PITA to paint, but their red noses made them look like they have colds. As for Twilight, I could do with or without it – it doesn't really tickle my fancy, but also doesn't offend the eyes. I wouldn't be hot to buy it, is all. As for the 'next best thing', or the 'best blue color since…', that is entirely a matter of opinion, and IMO, Blue Ice is neither. n_n

Kiya
                    Participant

I love rainbow and I hate barn swallow. 🙂 We all have different tastes. I think twilight and blue ice are both awesome!

I’m just looking forward new colors whatever they might be. If I love them, I’ll buy them. If I don’t, I’ll be happy someone does and that they’re saving me money!

It’s a win/win either way 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.